Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Rodder's Journal Issue 45

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by McKee, Aug 30, 2009.

1. McKee

McKee

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  2. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

The "data page" was a good idea, they should put it back.

3. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

yeah, i wasnt too keen on the "R_____ R_____" Chevy.

4. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

I emailed them about my views on them dropping the data page - haven't heard back yet.

Wonder if I ever will ;)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009

5. I liked the data page too!

6. Von Dago

Von Dago
    from New Jersey

I miss it also, in case they're reading this.
    Subscriber since the beginning.

7. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'll sign the petition...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

Is anyone else getting a little tired of all the Mumford cars? Seems like every issue has at least one of them.

9. Hip2bsquare

Hip2bsquare
    from Gilbert,AZ

Attached Files:

10. Fogger

Fogger

There are still many historic cars that haven't been covered by TRJ. It might be an idea to contact them directly with info on little known cars. I agree the pages devoted to the rr chevy were wasted. So all you guys that own a car with certified history get a hold of the powers at TRJ and tell them your story. The FOGGER

11. T-Roy

T-Roy

Dave,

Received this issue a few days ago and agree with your feelings. Be careful of posting threads with a mag in the title... Just from my own personal experience, Lol!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281051

12. I like the Data Page as well, kind of miss it. Coonan, are you listening?

As for the cars, Fogger, The Rodders Journal is not, in my opinion, just about historic cars, never has been. If it were then more than half the cars featured over the years wouldn't have been in there.

13. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

TRJ I agree please bring back the data page!!!!

14. damifino

damifino
    from NC

I agree with HOTRODDON. And I'll throw in my opinion-

If you want historic, go to a museum. I'm sure there are a gazillion cars out there that a few people think are historic and should be in a magazine. However, the vast majority of those 'historic' cars are engineering nightmares few would dare drive today. Most of us are tired of seeing the same dusty old pictures from California and Bonneville sold to us as the proported 'HISTORY of hot rodding'. It's old news guys, move on...
    And.....Thanks, Steve Coonan for stepping out and giving the readers a great magazine year after year and for spending 4 great days with us to shoot a car he felt worthy of his publication...........Oh, and some should be careful using that 'R#t R*d' phrase here on the H.A.M.B, seems some of the elders here take offense to it. I don't give a rat's ass what you call it as long as you're talkin' about it!!
    And....This car is driven and driven hard. It goes (hard), turns (great), rides (good), and stops (fine). Just ask the people who saw it run the autocross at Columbus last month.

Have a good one!
    J

Attached Files:

15. I miss the data page too.

Saw Boyer's Chevy in the booth at Louisville. Looked like a nice car while I walked past but certainly didn't look like something TRJ would get excited about. I didn't either. I kept walking & never noticed who's booth it was.

.... & then regretted not seeing TRJ while I was there. I was prepared to do some shopping.

JH

16. J's on squares

J's on squares

hey harrison, TRJ had a booth at louisville

17. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Ya it's a good read but I think Ryan needs to start the Hamb mag! Can you imagine that? Then we would all TRULY have the best magazine in the world........
    Hummmmmm??????

18. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

Thats what I thought!

19. Yeah, I realized that when my new issue of TRJ, with Boywer's car in it, showed up last week.

JH

20. damifino

damifino
    from NC

There were interesting things happening with old cars in other parts of the country during the same time period.

Wrong place, maybe. You'll never see 100's or 1000's of posts attributed to me. Got better things to do......

21. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Go do em then. Congrats for getting in a magazine, but clearly you're to cool for us.

22. damifino

damifino
    from NC

OK, time out. I never intended to start a pissing contest. Everthing on the car was done with the intention of honoring the old ways of doing things. From functional steel rivets in it's structure to drum brakes on both ends to it's quickchange rear. However, the scope of the project also was to build a safe, dependable, and very road worthy hot rod. Take a look at East coast modified oval track racers of the '60's and early '70's and the lineage will be obvious.

23. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

It is obvious. It's well built and very worthy of the exposure. It SHOULD be in the magazine.

Perhaps I misunderstood your earlier. I happen to have more than 100 or 1000 posts. But then again I have nothing better to do.

24. hemi

hemi

Welcome to the HAMB. You can't walk into somebody's house and start bitching about the ol' lady's cooking because you make your own burritos the way you like..

History and its preservation are the fuel for the fire. Don't try to piss on it..

25. saw every inch of that 34 chevy at our show here this summer in winston-salem and I have to say that every inch i saw was a work of art...every inch.

26. damifino

damifino
    from NC

I probably took a couple of guys' critical opinions of the recent Rodder's Journal #45 the wrong way. We each have our own opinions and our shared love of old cars is such that they can evoke strong reactions.

27. As for the car that you built for Bowyer, I figured it was just another racer that really doesn't understand the hot rod heritage and just thought it was cool. Obviously well built, but does nothing for me, not that that matters in the least as long as Clint is happy.

28. damifino

damifino
    from NC

HOTRODDON- Thank you, your last comment is sincere and truthful. Clint is into old school hot rods and customs, he's a gear head. I may have hi-jacked this thread to some degree and no harm was intended. TRJ has a balanced mix in virtually every issue and I would also be the last one to suggest anything different.

29. this is an awesome issue, except for the rr chevy im not feelin it!!! kirk nice job, and interesting story, i learned something about you that i never knew. i do have a problem tho, and i am wondering if any one elses book is tearing away from the binding??

30. KIRK!

KIRK!

My advanced copy did. I haven't opened any of the others I bought.