Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage houses, post a pic of yours.

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Roothawg, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

Thanks guys, I'll post some pics as soon as we get moved in.

2. FCCOOL

FCCOOL

yeah thats my car, it was built on a budget in my driveway, its a 59 holden although from the front it barely resembles one.
    i love that TV and want to do something similar but ive never done any sort of woodwork, only metal work. i wonder if any other orders were taken to build them, reading the article there was a lot of interest, its good to see one popped up in a house..

3. autobilly

autobilly

Kripfink, you sure are well equipped. Your pad is mucho cool, your van is bitchin and I dig your Hamilton Pacer collection!

4. archiemeboy

archiemeboy
    from Iowa

Built in 1911.... Bought it in 2000.... Was ready to be condemmned.... LOTS of elbow grease.....

Attached Files:

5. PACHECO

PACHECO

A few pics of my 1953 Ranch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  6. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

very nice I love hardwood floors.

7. nailz

nailz
    from San Diego

Here's all 1080 sq ft of my mansion, San Diego North Park area. All gumwood built in's and trim in great shape.
    [​IMG]

8. thatredcaroutside

thatredcaroutside
    from Decatur,AL

Just celebrated 16 years of owning this one. It was built in 1916.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  9. Okievoodoo

Okievoodoo

Man... I love several of the houses on this thread, but this one calls to me... never surfed before, always wanted to... Don't get many waves where I live... A beach bungalow I will own before I die... unless it's unexpected... If ever in the area, this will be a destination I must put down... I'd love to hear some of the stories...

10. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Here's a few pix of ours, built in 1952, been added onto a couple of times over the years. New shop built couple of years ago. I've also enclosed pix of 2 rooms that's mine shop, and game room, rest of the house belongs to the wife.

Attached Files:

11. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

Best one I've seen! Truly a family keeper. Well done!!

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No current photo and it needs paint bad but part of the house I live in is the one my grandparents moved into when they got married about 1920 and it was old then. My grandfather built the rest of it himself over the years.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

13. Road Runner

Road Runner

I lived in a lot of places all over the world.
    16 to be exact thus far and over 3 continents. - USA (WA, TX, CA), Australia and Europe.
    Not traveling or sight seeing, just trying to find my place in this world.

Most places were older, but I never forget the place I felt most comfortable in, back in 1998.
    I lived in Hollywood, CA. In a building erected by one of the most inspiring people to me: Charlie Chaplin.
    These buildings were built in 1917, at the same time as the famous Chaplin Film Studios were built on La Brea Avenue, a short walking distance away. At the time A&M Records owned the studios, but I can't say who owns them now.

Chaplin recreated a certain 3 centuries old favorite section of the original village in Lyon, France, where he filmed one of his famous movies a year earlier.
    There are four buildings which have been the living quarters of Chaplin, Rudolfo Valentino, Fatty Arbuckle and other famous movie stars at the time, while they were shooting many of the well-known silent movies at the studios around the corner.
    Back then he was the first who owned any buildings there and it's amazing to see old photos with nothing but farms around, compared to what is going on today.

The garage at the front of the building, which probably housed his Model T, was also my guitar and tube amp making shop of 1998.
    I have some of the most intense memories of my life connected to this place and some about my red chevy truck, when I first really learned how to work on it.
    It needed many repairs badly (which took several more years to complete) to keep up with the crazy Hollywood traffic.
    It was also a time when I learned how durable and well made this truck is with original equipment.
    I still drive this truck every day today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Holy shit Road Runner, I think you win! That place looks incredible, and what a history!

15. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Here's mine:

[​IMG]

I’m not sure how old, but I’d guess it was built c. 1882 (newspapers from 1881-1882 fell out of the dining room ceiling), with substantial remodeling c. 1918 (newspapers from 1917-1918 came out of the upstairs bathroom floor). It’s 90% original with a couple very high-end, midcentury upgrades in the kitchen, downstairs bath, and enclosed porch.

And the garage:

[​IMG]

I don't know exactly how old, but there are handwritten fuel-economy figures written on one wall dated July 1914, so it’s old. And huge for its age.

-Dave

16. purple

purple

We've got a long escorw ahead us us but I took pics in the vast emptyness. Anybody wanna buy my Roth trike project to help with closing costs?

Attached Files:

17. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Cool place, Purple!

18. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Roadrunner, that's an awesome storybook home. The Hollywood Hills were loaded with storybooks in the 20's. The huge "HOLLYWOOD" sign used to say "HOLLYWOODLAND" and was set up by realtors selling the land there.
    I've been fascinated by those houses for years, and the Chaplain home is one of the finest examples out there. Musta been cool living there.
    For one of the rentals I build I used a storybook theme. While it is not a full blown storybook it still gets lots of attention. One of my favorite trips was to Carmel to view all the storybook style homes there. Thanks for posting!

Attached Files:

19. purple

purple

Well we pulled out of escrow. The selling bank insisted we could only get the 203K construction combo loan but the house doesn't qualify for it. The broken swimming pool will cost a lot to fix or fill and the loan only alots 1500 for the pool. Our loan agent is trying to work on it so we can re-enter escrow. If we can go a different loan we can do the construction out of pocket. My father in law has a buddy that will fill the pool for basically free. But the loan won't allow for us to do our own stuff, they insist on paying full price. It's so hard to find an nice original house these days, pergo, white vynil windows, beige, etc. sucks.

20. Here's a picture of my old house from around 1987, the first one I owned. Built in 1922. Just an old bungalow. This shot was taken from the garage. My daughter and one of my sons, now 26 and 24!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  21. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

My Craftsman Bungalow with Model T garage built in 1926 Pomona, Ca.

I have never really took pics of it, but this is the only one I could find that you can see most of it in.
    This was taken Feb 2008 just a couple of weeks after I moved in, and not long after I got my truck. (Please ignore the ghetto gate in front of the house and my truck that looks like an eyesore in that pic, the truck and house look a little more "tasteful" now)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  22. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Here are some interior pics, I still have a long way to go, but I figure im 27 and still have a little time to collect some more mid century stuff, yet have enough $$$ to pay bills,fix up the house and fund the cars..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Nailhead67

Nailhead67
    from Kentucky

Here's my pad. Built in about 1880 or so. Own by a preacher from New Zealand. Only owned by two families since it was built. I live out in the boonies but at least mother nature gives ya somethin to look at.

Attached Files:

24. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Oooh...I dig the couch.

25. CAL

CAL
    from Neosho Mo.

Our's built in 1918. We bought it from the woman who's parents built it. She gave us all the original paperwork. Cost $1700.00 to build inc. the fireplace which was a $100.00 option. We have been here 18 years, never ending project. The smallest garage is an original Model T garage, I put in an overhead door do to thieves. We just bought the very rough building, it came up for sale and is only 1/2 block from the our house. very rough, but has full concrete floor with a drain, about 25 by 30. Future project.

Attached Files:

26. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

Here is my retirement home if the rent drops a bit

Attached Files:

27. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I do love an old home. HOTDAMN just bought a beautiful home in Concord outside of Charlotte, NC and is really quite an awesome house. Super happy for him.

Me? My house was built in '89 so I really have nothing to add. I keep working on it to give it the character and integrity that homes were built with in the past. Hope we can stay in this house for a long time like you CAL.

28. autobilly

autobilly

Add raisin' babies to that and you've described the "struggle" of my life.

29. I love the old warehouse and the aluminum xmas tree...If i'm lucky enough to go to heaven when I die I will live in the warehouse with that exact xmas tree.....

30. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Thanks Mark, Still dont have nearly as much cool mid-century stuff as I saw in your albums. I see you sold the Comet, sorry it didnt work out, I tried.. Hopefully whoever bought it dug it as much as I did..