Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Would you trade this car for this truck?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by K-is-for-kustom, Aug 27, 2009.

?
  1. yes

106 vote(s)
    48.2%
  2. no

114 vote(s)
    51.8%
  1. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

I have owned several 49-51 Fords and still own a Shoebox, but I would trade a 4dr for a running truck anyday. And you are right there are more Shoeboxes than I care to think around here and I dont see many old trucks like that.

2. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

tough call..but it was said before..trade..but keep those knockoffs that are on the shoebox and take grandpa to breakfast.. then work on the buick with him.. oh and make sure the truck is as clean as it looks in the picture first

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  3. I'll give you a grand AND a flathead for that truck!! Where are you really located anyway?

4. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I think a big part of the equation is left out with this request for a vote...

Is there anything hidden on EITHER vehicle?? If yours is a shaky looker and his is solid, well, I would trade. If yours is solid and his is a shaky looker, I would keep the more door.

And, the sentimental value is?? That probably trumps any decision depending on how strong it is and for what reason.

Good luck in whatever you do, and let us know!

5. K-is-for-kustom

K-is-for-kustom
    BANNED

I found out the truck has glass fenders (yuck) and has diamond tread aluminum over the running boards which means they are gone underneith im sure.

6. milorat

milorat
    BANNED

Yes I would trade in a minute...........

7. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

8. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

According to latest Old Cars Price Guide, the pickup is worth more across the board than the more-door shoebox. However, since the shoebox is missing motor, the pickup is in a higher "condition" class, making the difference in value even more dramatic. Trade.

9. Nothing wrong with glass rear fenders on these trucks. And what running boards? They don't have runnning borads:eek:

10. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

better take a good deal while you can...you could be driving tonight in what appears to be a solid truck!

11. junior51

junior51

Trade!!!, it,s a chevy

12. K-is-for-kustom

K-is-for-kustom
    BANNED

well, it's the inner rocker/step late area inside the doors. and the front fenders are glass too.

13. if you don't have a truck yet, trade it, 4-door 50 Fords are not that rare or desired and step-side Chevys can be, and everyone needs to own a truck. AND it runs and yours might sit for a while until you can afford to fix it. So if it isn't your grandpa's first car, trade.

Oh, and circle their mistakes....too funny!!!!!!

14. thepoz57

thepoz57

15. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Hell no! Keep the shoebox, it will make a great mild custom!

16. K-is-for-kustom

K-is-for-kustom
    BANNED

Thanks for the opinions guys, youre awesome. I miss having a truck since I sold my '50 a couple years back. I used to drive the shoebox every day, so i've had my fun cruising it.