Register now to get rid of these ads!

Are the HAMB drags going down hill?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by K-is-for-kustom, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-is-for-kustom

K-is-for-kustom
    BANNED

I went to the drags this weekend only to be horrified by pro street turds, cars with boat trailer wheels, white letter tires and bucket seats, etc. My question is this: who is it thats letting these types of cars through the gates at mo-kan, and how hard should I kick them in the nuts? Is it just me, or do cars like this not deserve to be a part of OUR little corner of the world? When did we stop being period correct and when did we get sanctioned by goodguys? :eek:

2. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

What did you run???

3. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

stay home next time.

4. How long have you been here ?

5. Roothawg

Roothawg

You know be careful what you wish for........you may not get in.

Ryan is addressing the issue for next year. Tact will go a long way Holmes.

6. BCR

BCR

Read Ryan's post, only preregistered cars next year.

7. wvenfield

wvenfield

I just went through Monsterflakes favorite pic thread. (and many others) I wasn't there but from the pic I can't see where this could have been a major problem.

BTW, my Pontiac currently has white letter tires right now but I can't afford to put $1200 worth of bias plys on it at the moment.

8. This shoudn't take LONG !!! >>>>.

9. K-is-for-kustom

K-is-for-kustom
    BANNED

Pre registered cars is a damn good idea, thats awesome! I don't care if I don't get in, as long as HAMB stays HAMB. There are plenty of other shows for street rods and what not. And by the way, my car is period correct and I intend to keep it that way.

10. wvenfield

wvenfield

Looks to me like your shoebox has radials.

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

There were some cars that shouldn't have been there for sure... But for the most part, the showing was pretty damn good. I've done this for a long time and I've never been to a drag race with more period cars.

In any case, next year will be pre-reg by photo only.

Sorry to dissapoint ya this year.

12. monsterflake

monsterflake

they've always been there, i choose not to highlight those cars (or the RAT RODZZZZ), in the hopes that people won't get the impression that they're acceptable at the event....

13. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

wow ryan thats cool your rolling with the punches, figured this was insta-closed.

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Pm me your mailing address and I'll personally send you your $10 spectator fee back.

15. We are talking at the shop and we totaly agree !! To many enclosed trailers with pre registered cars that nobody saw until they were unloaded !!! >>>>

16. monsterflake

monsterflake

AND PUT MY FOOT IN YER ASS! just kidding...

17. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

That I know of, this year it was Ryan and Damnit Dave that were at the front gate. I'll tell you what. You kick one of 'em in the nuts next year and I'll help you find your teeth in the dirt. Deal?

And what do you mean by "OUR little corner of the world"? You're just some FNG that's been on here for 7 months.

18. K-is-for-kustom

K-is-for-kustom
    BANNED

The majority of the cars were very period correct like it has been it the past, sorry to be a dick about it, now i feel bad. It's just that a few of the cars (and rat rods too like was said above) weren't exactly HAMB friendly, I was surprised they got in at all. And yes the shoebox does have radials, my new bias plies are in the mail, I'll sell ya a set of radial cheap! :)

19. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

Ryan and his group do the best they can, and a damn fine job. So there was a few "Fringe" vehicles. So what. Everyone had a fantastic time and I can't wait until next year. When I can actually stay and not just passing thru.
    It can't always be perfect. So cut him a little slack. He's got it handled for next year.

20. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

That one green pro-street truck haunted me all day. I mean, why would
    that guy roll out?

The way we managed admissions in previous years, it was impossible to control quality.

With the system we are going to use next year, we will be able to Hella-control... Maybe to a fault.

Live, learn, get better continuously...

21. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Hah! I bet my hoopties are outside the gate next year...

:D

22. K-is-for-kustom

K-is-for-kustom
    BANNED

I've been into period correct years before it was cool, and will be long after it's not cool anymore. So hop in your rat rod, comb some grease in your hair and be gone. Heh Heh!

23. monsterflake

monsterflake

better to have too many choices than not enough participants...

24. Deadbird

Deadbird

Hmmm..... We had a great time. Period cars far outweighed the posers. No complaints on my part. At any rate, I welcome the changes Ryan has in store for the years to come. We're in good hands.

25. monsterflake

monsterflake

as a side note, some of my st louis guys need a little fine tuning on their 'look', but we're trying to learn 'em...

26. K-is-for-kustom

K-is-for-kustom
    BANNED

but on a serious note, thats awesome (ryan) that you see what I mean. I feel we have to fight a little to keep things traditional. Traditional cant be learned, it goes way deeper than that.

27. monsterflake

monsterflake

settle down there, fonzie...

28. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

man... All of you guys had it in spirit though... Good group.

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Sorry, nope, quality vs quanity always.

30. Somehow when the P-A System is Blasting in 2010 !! I don't think they will be announcing that K-is-for-Kustom is in the Napa Lane !!! >>>>.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.