Register now to get rid of these ads!

JOB: Sunny Phoenix AZ, are you motivated?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ELpolacko, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Can I telecommute?

2. Zeke

Zeke

No Skillz but can make a nice grilled cheese with a torch?

3. THESNEAKYTIKI

THESNEAKYTIKI

Hey Steve I have a local Chandler guy that could be a good fit for you. Pm with some details on pay/hours. He has a good work ethic in the right environment. I think he is in the wrong shop right now but I know he has been looking for the right place to call home. He has built a lot of cars/trucks and done a ton of fab work. He is great with suspension, air ride, motors, welding. He knows how to use all the tools mig/tig/bender/plasma/torch. He has a ton of hand tools and everything he would need to start moving. I think he could be a good asset and no it's not Glen. :) Let me know. Justin

4. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

It amazes me how opportunities like this come up and yet not one qualified person has been jumped on this.

5. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

maybe it should be amazing how few qualified people there are

6. cWaInc

cWaInc
    from Phoenix

Where is the shop located?

7. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

X2 specially with the economy in the dumper, I would think you would have a ton of QUALIFIED applicants, good luck I hope you find the right person.

8. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

Most of the guys that are qualified to work at Steve's shop aren't the ones without a job.

I'd throw my hat in the ring, but I only have 4 years experience and haven't been in a shop in a year and a half. :D

9. GreggAz

GreggAz

man I enjoyed my days at that shop... there has got to be the right person out there, even for a skilled builder, there is a ton to learn at IC.

Good luck Steve.

10. The Liberace

The Liberace

Do you need a piano player?:p

11. Only part time ;)

12. I can see the sign now........"dont tell my momma I build hotrods,She thinks I play piano in a whore house"

13. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

BTTT,
    Steve left out one other requirement. The employee will have to put up with weird customers...........like me. You know the kind that come in to view the progress on the project and then stay for lunch. And then feed your hamburger lunch to the dog.

I thought about applying for the job, but my fabrication skills (?) would drive away the customers not keep them coming back. Besides, I found a group in Tucson, that was crazy enough to hire me. Now I get to play with chillers and chase squirrels.

14. I want to thank every one of you that sent in a resume. Some of you guys are really talented and there were some tough decisions to make.

I have filled the position for now and if things really get rolling in the next few months we may have another position open up.

Steve

15. Ok, this sucks but I have to re-list this job offer.

I must stress this is a lead position. I need someone who can take the ball and run, this is not a trainee position. Welding and fabricating, design and theory are must haves.

16. KEE-RAP this fell off fast.

17. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

BTTT,
    O. K. guys, surely there is someone on the HAMB talented enough for this job.

If you want to know about the boss, just ask the people on the HAMB about him. They will ALL tell you that he is a standup guy that builds quality work. I've seen his work, and there isn't anybody better in Arizona. Period. I trust him to do the chassis work on my 48 F1. I haven't seen it yet, but I know the quality is the best.

And he is dead straight HONEST.

Now, why wouldn't you want to work for someone like that? Steve has said he is looking for someone with good skills and leadership ability. Even with that set of skills you will still be able to learn from Steve. Is he demanding? Yes, but that is a good thing. He will push you to make yourself better, but do it in a way that you will learn and enjoy working for him.

This shop has the potential to grow. Steve needs someone to help him do that, by taking some of the day-to-day production burden off of him so he can get the business plan moving.

With the economy still in turmoil and unemployment soon to exceed 10%, now would be the time to make the move to a good stable job, working for a good boss.

And on top of that, I paid my bill so he has some cash to pay your salary.

Think about it. If you don't need a job, think about who you know who does need a job now. I'm sure everybody know someone who has lost a job recently and needs a new one.

18. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Too bad you dont have need for some fuck stick with a camera that writes shitty articles.

Do you still have those crazy Mexican religious people across the street that preach on the corner with a bullhorn? Craziest shit I ever saw!

19. Earlier this year I had the pleasure to meet Steve and get a tour of his shop. There is some outstanding work being done there. I was very impressed with what I saw and I got to see a lot.
    Good luck Steve with your search. It must be hard to find the right one but, it'll happen.

Steve

Hosting- 8th annual Nostalgic Show & Go! March 27-28, 2010 Phoenix
    www.nostalgicshowandgo.org