Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Dixie Fried 10 a decade of decadence

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 8769, Jul 10, 2009.

1. FATT STRIPES

FATT STRIPES

you think you're worried, i want to attend the show(not to show my vehicle) and maybe do some pinstripin' if they'll have me but i dont have the right vehicle for the show, i wont post a pic here but its in my profile w/ my pinstriping pics if you must see it. i looked on the show's page and didnt see anything about vendor applications or fees, which i wouldnt actually need a spot b/c i wouldnt be selling any product. could someone tell me if their would be any kind of fees and how much and if my work would be welcome?

2. spicalan

spicalan
    from Georgia

brakelines,fluids,and a roadtest,,, insurance and registration or a police deflector lol

i think it finally hit me that its not gonna happen
    defeat happens especially when you have others depending on you
    being responsible and grown up sux

but its ok im still going without my ride and will have a blast

3. Psychoholic

Psychoholic

I'll try and find you and buy you a beer to ease the pain.

I'm trying to get my Buick up there - but its not looking too hot. If not, we'll take the big nasty truck.

4. all we like is finishin!

I am sure you've heard this phrase if you've been on any construction site in the south east.

5. Herb, are those downriggers on the wall?
    What size bolt pattern do you need for rims?

6. DrHerb

DrHerb
    from Atlanta

oh yeah....i do have off shore fishing rods in the back ground.

they are for getting them Lake Lanier 6' catfish!! i love em'!! good eating!! but im to much of a puss to go noodling so we just drag either....pig heads, buffalo livers, or sometimes im lucky.... sometimes i catch someone snickering at my wheels and i use their brain!! thats a good day of fishing!! im j/king....from Florida and i use to go off shore every weekend. miss those days...

my bolt pattern is 5 3\4 GM(99% sure)...why do you ask? i was only kidding about the hand me down thing.

Chris

7. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

GM is 5 on 4 3/4...

8. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

I believe, if you show up in your "non-trad" ride, you are directed to park in the non-trad ride area........

as for the vendor deal, as a striper, contact one of the Road Kings.............But, yeah, bring your srtipin' stuff..............There are several there every year....

9. FATT STRIPES

FATT STRIPES

cool,thank you sir

10. 8769

from kennesaw

So let me clarify some of the rules.

The coupon and show is for pre 64 driven cars and it means just that. every year someone shows up in a cool 64 or newer car and expects the discount so it's very clear.

Are there going to be later cars in the show area? Of course later cars have always been "by invitation only". How do I get an invite you say. You don't (sorry couldn't resist) seriously clubs like the sock F'ers will tell you we will let them park together. Also the Big guy giving you registration stuff and telling you where to park, we call him rooster be nice to him and he might be nice to you,if he likes your car. Be mean and you'll be walking up from the lower lot.

Accesories. If your car is pre 64 and you drove it your pretty much in. Would we prefer to have all traditional cars?of course, does it happen? Almost Never, but we will be directing you where to park. We do this for photo ops as well as showcasing the cars we like. Even with the directional wheels if you drove it your in, if it showed up on a trailer, dont even bother to unload it. Ask PBRmeASAP about our trailer policy. Also to the pinto driving guy please leave your lifesize stuffed collection of Looney Tunes characters at home please.

As for the later model, support cars, whatever you want to call them, I have nothing against hondas nissans toyotas fords or GMs. they are reliable and can sit in traffic with the AC blasting and never get hot. I love mine but what I can't stand is when my 40 starts to overheat because I'm waiting behind a long line of later model cars. The older cars are going to be our priority to get parked sorry we owe it to them. So once again that long line of old cars moving faster than the line your in is not for you if your driving the honda minivan.

If you need/want to park your minivan next to your hotrod, tell us we can park you close to the roped off car show area, and you can probably park whatever you like next to it, outside the roped off area. After the show when the movies start you can park wherever you want, But not during the show.

OK so now that pops has gotten off his soapbox, show up and have a kick ass time.

Troy

11. DrHerb

DrHerb
    from Atlanta

well thank you for answering all those questions for the Dixie Fried "virgins". clears thing up a bit.

i just realized that i committed to go to a 6 year olds birthday party at 2pm on the 6th of September 2009?!? its being held at their house which is north on 316 half way to Athens.

i think between the parents being close friends, loving the 6 year old girl to pieces, and my 4 1/2 yr old absolutly freaking out excited....looks like im not getting out of it!! wtf??? some times things work out for me..most times they do not!!

oh yeah, i meant 5 on 4 3/4 GM

Chris Herb
    (AKA The Floridian Mofo Rolling on Directionals that are Period Correct for 1990 Mazda B2200 Lowrider)

12. Hey man, You just have to make them a sign that says "Your Name Here is not as cool as the Road Kings" and that will get you all the special privealages you need :D

13. Chris - We will still be there at 7, 8, 9, 10-6 AM and most of the next morning. Come on down after the party so we can see your face and make fun of your wheels MAN!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  14. Yeah, and don't forget to bring more beer if your late, thems the rules...

Rule #43 If your car has cool 90's directional rims, and you show up late, you have to bring enough beer for everyone...

Copied directly from the Road Kings web site... honest...

15. DrHerb

DrHerb
    from Atlanta

lol, right on, will do!

16. 8769

from kennesaw

Thanks for reminding me we need some payback.

T

17. I tried my damnest to make it.... Although i love you guys, you made me feel so special in a non special moment....

O yah, i feel like a total douch bag for missing this

Attached Files:

18. Look at you walking and pushing your tire.........that's a great shot with the cop going by. He didn't even look at ya did he?

Troy, you don't have to pay us back, that was our special gift to you guys for putting on the show and stuff. :rolleyes: geez

19. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Jeff we are bumbed you, Erin, Andrew, and Briar are missing. I will save noodle for ya. I will have to say that the pic of you staring at the wheel/axle as one of Roswell's finest drive by still cracks me up.

[​IMG]

20. YES ,,, I will claim the two in the uniform's!!! BUT I am not responsible for the rest of that croud showing up,ESPECIALLY the one in the cute little catch me ,fuck me, panama jack hat!!! If Ryan thought i was responsible for that, I would be banned from the HAMB Drags and the HAMB all together!!!

Just leave security at the minimum!!!!! Unless that crowd above shows!!! up!!!!

21. yes....that pic cracks me up everything. Never saw him till Russ sent me the pic

Please save a noodle for me.

But if anyone asks nicely i heard there's a super secret Wisconsin man heading that way, maybe he'll smuggle some Blatz for everyone!

22. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

I, err I mean, that guy, is wearing a straw hat dammit! :)

23. Is Nick coming to visit Chuck?

24. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

One can only hope!!!!!!!!

The Dodge will sleep two............or, will accommodate two..........It would be rude for me to suggest sleeping with a guest of his stature in our midst........

25. I'm going to change the oil and repack the front wheel bearings this weekend. See ya on Sunday. Is there anything going on Sat. night? Any open houses or bands playing?

26. maybe.....

27. DrHerb

DrHerb
    from Atlanta

yeah...does anyone know of a pre-party at a bar? with a band playing or something? surely one of the rock-a-billy bars down in east Atlanta or 5 points(dont know the name of any of them) will have some bands playing??

have a pre-party party!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  28. M/H Speed and Design

M/H Speed and Design

i need some ga hamb HELP!! im thrashing to get the 36 road worthy, but i have got to get rid of this spool in my 9" ! if anyone has or knows anyone with a 9" 31 spline third member thats oped, posi, locked, limited i dont care please let me know. making this show has been my goal this whole year, but after the first test drive i now see i gotta loose the spool this rear came with. 2 people have given my used diffs, of course both were 28 spline. 6 days, help fellas!

29. GEORGIADAWG

GEORGIADAWG

I just put a new motor in the truck and now the damn radiator is leaking like a stuck pig. I wish i could drive it out but looks like we might just have to come as a spectator.

Also is there a gate fee and if so how much to walk around?