Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Dixie Fried 10 a decade of decadence

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 8769, Jul 10, 2009.

1. 8769

from kennesaw

only a few weeks left!!!!

check the website for Movie updates.

T

2. American Graffiti...HELL YEA!!!!

3. bruceg

bruceg
    from NWATL

What about decidedly non-cool drivers and anti-cool cars? Can I sneak in in my Rambler? I'll hide in the back! Don't think I can get the clutch and hitch done by then, so the '66 Apache popup stays home (that would complete the swirling vortex into nerdy uncoolness)

Anyone from Michigan / Illinois / Indiana coming down? Could you smuggle some Dog 'N Suds rootbeer along with the Blatz?

4. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

come on now next your going say you name the rat's

5. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

We're under the 2 week mark. It's getting closer.

6. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Michigan? Hot Dogs? Kogels' ? Now your speaking my language.

I have my family bring down 2,3,50lbs of those whenever they visit.

7. Maaan, just found out our Milwaukee cheese-curd and Baltz connection isn't gonna make it down this year.:(
    So I guess clear and BBQ will have ta do.:D

8. [/I]

Jeff isn't making it????? Hell I been working like a dog to get my shit tight for his ride,,, guess I will just have to give it to you then Greenmtnboy!!!!!
    Maybe after a little of that clear your so fond of!!!

9. Yes, I suck ass and will be working Labor day weekend. I'll probably be sober also due to sucking ass

10. Damn dude! What's it going to take to get you back to Atlanta so we can breathe some life back into you?

11. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

the white one is named Willard ( Willard White from James Bond movie) the Brown one is Ben ( Ben Brown our old mud riding place)

12. You're on! :cool:

13. tubbsfaith

tubbsfaith

I'm so ready for this!!! Bringing some boys from Bama over!

14. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Holy crap sign me up for a mustache ride too. Or a ride in the Henry J will work also.

15. spicalan

spicalan
    from Georgia

well im still trying to bring the poncho down but the way its looking i dont know if its gonna make it:( but on a better note ill still go and have a blast even if my car has to sit this one out

16. Well, you Sock Fuckers do think a little different but what ever,,,, just wait till I am extreeeemly drunk and wear a dress!!! Hell thats how I met my first 3 wives!!!!!!!

17. 8769

from kennesaw

Well I gues we can slacken up the security.

T

18. I guess you have never seen me at a show huh???? Ask BREEDER about the 2007 HAMB drags Ramada parking lot party!!!! You will fortify this event with Fort Mcpherson security!!!!
    :eek:

19. double it for next year! i'll be back! Sometimes i just suck ass

20. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

you mean when you made these guys show up????:D
    [​IMG]

21. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

I am too excited- this will be my first and I am trying to drag all my friends!!!!

22. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

oh but one thing- I kinda resent the Honda statement on the discoumt coupon--- it was my first car and i still race it in autocross. I love it..
    I love my Model A
    I love my corvette

I just love cars.

haha- funny being called out though.

23. DrHerb

DrHerb
    from Atlanta

ummm....no damn it!!! piss's me off too!!!

on another note, i was just reading a magazine that has in it a article with coverage on the "billet proof-Florida" show, in the article it tells stories of people being sent away in their rides because they aren't "traditional enough" or have "wheels made of alloy". not surprising given the name of the show....however, i dont want to get up at the ass crack of 7 AM on my only day off to face these problems at the gate for this show. so i will ask now.......

my question is,........

is this show the same way?? i know we all prefer traditional rods and customs... i do as well, but right now my car is traditional 1990?? does that qualify as traditional?? j/king. but, i have never been before and i dont want to offend by bringing a car "currently" styled outside the scope of the intended style of cars. IE: traditional customs and rods.

i have a 49 merc that isnt, and it wont be by sept 6th either, a "traditional custom". it will be someday....but it will take time, $, knowledge, and more $
    the year 1990 rings a bell. only thing missing is a vanilla ice cassette tape, Z cavarichies, and a "rat tail" hair doo comes to mind....
    but until some coin slides my way(donations and/or straight hand outs accepted) it will remain with the......
    1. directional alloy wheels(not my style, but they are the only ones i have),
    2. awful rocker skirts(only way to fix those is buy new rockers and change them out)
    3. lack of interior(currently two buckets, out of a Saturn i think, sitting on the floor. gets me riding/driving till the funds are better)
    4. fiberglass bumpers/roll pans(already started dealing with that problem, but wont be fixed by sept 6th)
    and so on and so on.....knowing this, am i allowed in?? seems crazy that this question even needs to be asked. but like i said...i dont want to offend anyone.

i will post a picture so you know what we are talking about.

thanks in advance.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  24. DrHerb

DrHerb
    from Atlanta

here ya go......

Attached Files:

25. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

That chop looks great. Can you post a side view?

26. You should have no problem getting in the show with that. Some people may point and snicker at your wheels, but that would be about all... :D

27. Just make sure you have the off shore poles hangin out the side windows. You'll be fine.

28. DrHerb

DrHerb
    from Atlanta

1. lol, thats some funny shit. snickering i can deal with. snickering at my wheels can be fun. i do it all the time. 6 pack, lawn chair, and directional wheels. good times!! if i make out, come by for a quick laugh at my wheels and a cold beer!
    i am, however, open to the ol' "hand me down program"?? any takers?? let me know.

2. off shore poles? im not following you there?

seriously, i wanted to make sure out of respect for the folks putting on the show. didnt want to go against their intentions of a traditional rod show. so if its cool...then i will be try to be there. thanks!

Chris

29. aren't those big fishing poles hanging on the wall there behind the car?

30. Psychoholic

Psychoholic

What do you lack?