Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone else waited three months for Coker?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirty Dug, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I ordered 16" radials from Coker in May and am still waiting. Every time I call they tell me it's going to be three more weeks. Is that some kind of code for, "sit and spin". I know they're the only game in town but this is ridiculous. Anyone else in the same boat? They tell me the 5.50s are back ordered. Well make some! The last time I talked to them they told me I'd have them yesterday, the twenty-forth. That came and went.

2. Doug, I have never waited more than just a couple days for tires. I just ordered some 5.50x15's and had em 3 days later. These are Bias plys though

3. From personal experiences, Coker is horrible. Everytime I've dealt with them, the customer service sucks, shit's never on time. Way over priced in my opinion also. You can definately tell they have the market cornered.

4. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Yeah, I'm tired of the laughing guy on the other end of the line. He apparently thinks it's funny. It's like the old," we don't care, we don't have to".

5. Never,,I repete,,,never have I ever had a problem with Coker Tire or their customer service department and I have ordered a bunch of tires from them.

If there was going to be any kind of a delay on a certian tire they told me in advance. HRP

6. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Until now I've not had a problem with their service. But, this isn't service. Looking at a car on stands this long is starting to piss me off.

7. rodncustom

rodncustom

Doug, when I ordered the Excelsiors for the roadster p/u I went throught the same thing as the tires were brand new to Coker and I believe they had a huge back order to fill. I don't know if your situation is the same, or not. On my order, however, they knew what the situation was and told me upfront that it could take up to a few months. It sounds like had you known an accurate timeline from the beginnig you wouldn't be so upset. Unfortunately a lot of these people don't like to tell the customer reality and would rather take the easier road and say they'll be there soon. It's unfortunate that they didn't do the right thing that in this particular case. Other than this time, I have never had, or heard of, a timeline issue with Coker.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  8. Maybe it's because you have ordered so many tires from them. I have only dealt with the twice, and will avoid it at all costs. The first time I got one tire at a time, spread out over about a month. I called them and got the same cute answers everytime. I will go dig through the dump for tires before I get them from Coker.

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

One word....Diamondback

10. ratster

ratster

i had good luck with them, i've bought over 10 sets from them

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Do a search... They've done some pretty incredible custom service just on this forum. Of course, I'm biased... I love Coker as a business and Corky is a good pal.

Diamondback spends a lot of time making assumptions about me and this site that aren't at all true. I've heard good things and bad about their tires. It's all what you are into I guess.

12. I won't comment about tires from the dump,,but in retrospect why didn't you ask to speak to the head man himself,,Corky Coker.

He may not be in his office but he is a hands on guy and want's to know about problems.

He didn't know me from Adams House cat,,but call me upon request to answer a couple of questions.HRP

13. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

They don't make 16" that I know of. The Coker 16" look like bias plys and I've heard good things about them. I really don't want to call them again and be lied to, kind of insults what little intelligence I have.

14. Firepig

Firepig

+2 on that! Their customer service has been great to me, and the VP of marketing and CS came on this forum to help when I did have a problem with my vendor.

15. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I used Diamondback. Spoke with the son of the owner (I think), told him that I was a HAMB member and he gave me a discount even though they are not a HAMB vendor. Very pleasant to deal with over the phone. Plus the tires where cheaper to begin with. Came in a week. I think they're great tires! :D

16. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

I have been well taken care of when dealing with Coker.Alay get mine very fast A+!!

17. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I have used Wallace Wade Tires 214 688 0091

18. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

If I wanted some other tires I'd have already ordered them and, most likely, be burning them into the ground by now.

19. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

try this..

wake em up, say your going to pull your order if they arnt on your doorstep in 1 week. If they call your bluff..than dont be bluffing..move on. do something different. Dont be tied to one provider or one "look"
    seems like alot of trouble to go thru for the money you paid..
    I wouldnt put up with it, no matter who they think they are

20. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

Never I repeat NEVER any issues with Coker I have bought over 100 tires from them always great service and quick delivery.Some people you just can't make happy

21. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Actually I'm one of the first to rave about good service. But it's also why I do the majority of the work on my cars myself. I just don't have the capacity to produce tires in my shop. This is about the fifth set of tires I've ordered from Coker and as I mentioned, this is the first time this has happened to me. Any previous experience is lost when the last one is like this. I am very glad you are always so happy.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  22. Jess H

Jess H

Sorry to hear that some of you have had received poor service. We take customer service very seriously here at Coker because we know you don’t have to buy from us. If you feel you didn’t receive good service you can call me direct or PM me.

Unfortunately, we do run out of products from time to time. Please remember that we deal with very special tires, made in small production runs.

Just dug, you can call me direct or PM me and I will give you the latest ETA that I have. Try as we may, sometimes product arrival dates change due to forces beyond our control.

Thanks,

Jess

Jess Hoodenpyle
    Vice President - Sales and Customer Service
    Coker Tire Company
    1317 Chestnut Street
    Chattanooga, TN 37402
    Ph: 1-800-251-6336

23. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I think if you had been told one thing and it came out to be much different than your plans, than told they would be there on a certain date and they still didnt show up..and than told they were on back order and still didnt have a known arrival date..you would probably not be so patient either...or very happy for that matter.
    some of us dont have huge chunks of time to just piss away

still very stand-up for a company rep to get with you on this here..let us know how long it takes from this point..

24. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

E-mail sent. A good date I could put on the calender would be good. Thanks.

25. ^^How bout that?

Everybody's gonna have backups from time to time...its the nature of the beast. How many actually seek out your issue and go to these lengths to get the issue taken care of?

This is why I'm going to Coker for my next round o' tires.

26. milorat

milorat
    BANNED

I've ordered maybe 10 sets over the years and it seems there are issues every other time I order.Wrong tires,delays,one tire was shipped that wasn't aired up out of the mold and was 5" shorter than the other one they sent! And they were wrapped together............I try to use Lucas when I can,but their selection is not as good.....

27. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Coker Tires...I'm a fan. We get almost every classic car tire from them and always good service. It's not like we buy a hundred tires a year but they treat us like we do.

28. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I received two calls from Coker today. They let me know I'd have my tires next week. If I don't I'll let you all know. Ah hell, I'll let you know either way.

29. Brandi

Brandi

I'm in the market for some radials for my roadster, for the long hauls. I'm curious to hear how they look and also see them once you get them on the car, Doug.

30. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I'll let you know, going to run them on my coupe until the new roadster is done.