Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got the hood for the 53 loovered

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carlos, Aug 24, 2009.

1. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

270 Thanks Dan you ARE THE BEST

Attached Files:

2. skoh73

skoh73

Is that for a '53 Ford or for your '55? How many are louvers did you have pressed? I was thinking of getting my '53 Ford done next year-looks wicked!!!

3. skoh73

skoh73

DUH- wasn't paying attention to the 270...

4. Ice man

Ice man

QUESTION???? Once you get the loovers in and painted, and the cars on the road, What do you do about the rain. I mean you got this nice car, dressed engine I assume, and your down the road and see rain up ahead what do you do. Cause when the rain hits the fan !! well all kinds of things are gona get wet. And thats every time it rains, unless your gona keep it in the garage, and don't tell me it don't rain in Ohio. Guy down here has a 51 Chevy Pk Up (lovered Hood) he bought it like that and hates it, and the engine has more rust then on it, the carb is all pited, the aluminum manifold is all coroded and UUUgly and had to be patched cause it was sucking air. I must be missing something. Iceman

5. Talk about RAINING on his picnic, there are ways to shield everything. lots of guys build drain pans under the louvers.

Hood looks good a bit busier than I like but then it doesn't have to please me. I would have tried to talk him into a few less if I was punching it but then he knew what he wanted and settled for nothing less.

Zap-

6. frankinplymouth

frankinplymouth
    from oregon

I made a neat little rain pan for under my hood, painted it body color and rolled some beads in it. Works good. Ray

7. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Carlos, it look great. Very nice job..I'm sure that took awile.

What works really nice to keep water out are sheets of that magnetic sign material. Im talking about the stuff that places use to make magnetic signs which are placed on the outsides of their commercial vans. Get a good size piece of it from a place that makes banners or these signs, cut two pieces out for each side of the underside of the hood, and stick that stuff on..it is superstrong and won't fall off.

The cool thing is that it's not permanent and can be removed for sunny days.

8. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Rain sucks,had planned on making an inner panel from side to side front cross member to rear brace.Homemade,that is areal good Idea I have seen other guys use the magnet sheets Might have to check it out $ wise Thanks

9. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

nice looking hood. who did the job?

10. lowrodderDon

lowrodderDon
    BANNED

Bitchin' louvers, I'd like to get those on my '52.

11. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Got it primed and on the car with a hand print in the middle couldnt wait to see it on the car like a dumb ass couldnt let it dry:confused:

Attached Files:

12. skoh73

skoh73

BAD ASS!! Paint gives it a whole other dimension.

13. looks good, patience is a virtue seldom seen..............