Register now to get rid of these ads!

Oil stains

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jester5388, Aug 19, 2009.

1. BoulevardBomber

BoulevardBomber

get a throw rug, tell the your improving the neighborhood, Have you tried a dryer sheet?

2. C-1-PW

C-1-PW

I don't recommend the F.O. part, but I'm all for hosing down the whole street with oil and BLAMING your neighbors. That's right, turn 'em in quick! Don't let that kind of trash ruin your neighborhood.

3. James Maxwell

James Maxwell
    from So-Cal

A real Environmentalist your friend.

4. Larry T

Larry T

Goto your local auto parts store and ask for oil absorbant. Around here they sell Asorb-n-Dry. It's a clay based absorbant. If it's concrete, you can pour a little gas on the spot rub it around a little put the absorbant on it and the spot will be cleaner than any of the concrete around it.
    Larry T

http://www.balconesminerals.com/products/absorb/absorb.htm

5. 32Auburn

32Auburn
    from Oregon

OK, this seriously works although it sounds weird and might get you some unwanted attention. Hose it down with water til you cover a good area. Pour gasoline on it and light it, it will smoke like a mother fucker, add more gas if necessary til the smoke is not so black. Keep the hose handy for safety. Looks best at night. I cleaned up my driveway this way, worked great, was cheap and entertaining.

6. James Maxwell

James Maxwell
    from So-Cal

Avoid on windy days...

7. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I just fix the leaks, i hate leaks. :)

8. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

You could also mount an oil drip pan under your car.
    Don't forget to empty it once in a while otherwise you'll leave long oil stains going through turns... ;)

Brake cleaner or some engine degreaser followed with kitty litter works ok.

9. Put you old oil from when you change it to good use. Go out when its dark and pour a some under the neighbors vehicles:eek:. They will quit complaining pronto. It is a known fact that people in glass houses,s dont throw stones.:D Old Wolf

10. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

allways worked for me.

11. CraigKrage

CraigKrage
    from central IL

I always used Crete Clean when I was maint. @ the machine shop.

12. 73RR

73RR

Apparently I missed something along the way. Citation for what? Issued by whom? Why is the spot in front of your house any more your responsibility than the stop line at the next intersection? Oil spots on a public road are simply part of the use of the road.

...sometimes 10 acres seems to be too small and then I read crap like this...tell your neighbour to get a life.

13. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I use simple Green straight up and let it soak in good , then use a stiff brush .
    Works great for me all the time !

14. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

and some metal shavings

15. "I use simple Green straight up and let it soak in good , then use a stiff brush .
    Works great for me all the time!"

Then what do you do with it? Break federal law and flush it down the gutter?

16. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

it does break down the oil, I don't think it's going to hurt anything, remember it's only legal because the government hasn't gotten around to making it illegal yet.

17. re49

re49

Portland cement (not concrete mix w/sand and gravel) works way better than kitty litter on concrete. That's what they use at the race track. Just sweep it back and forth a few times.

18. m.k.bench

m.k.bench

you could rub your neighbors nose in it. bet they wouldn't bitch about it again. ..................... just kidding, of course!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

19. zbuickman

zbuickman

roads (atleast our roads) are made from oil..... just tell them you made a new spot and they should replace theirs:)

20. cheezwiz

cheezwiz

I watched my buddy squirt WD40 on the spots on his concrete driveway and they vanished...

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

+1 He beat me to it. Works great for cleaning parts too and works great for cleaning the engine compartment at the car wash. spray it on and wait a few minutes and wash it off.

On a big oil slick on the driveway you could probably spray it on and let it soak in and then scrub it up with the kitty litter.

When I worked for W.H Thomas (JD Fikes father in law) in the mid 70's in Waco we scrubbed the shop floor with a mix of Gas, Tide and water but I wouldn't suggest using the gas now.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

22. jstanotheidiot

jstanotheidiot

T.S.P.(trisodium phosphate) Sold in any hardware store cheap! It's a pouder pour it on the spots sprinkle enough water to make paste mixing with stiff brush let set about half hour scrub with brush hose off repeat or let soak longer for more sturbern stain's

23. outcasthb

outcasthb

It is very simple....pour a little paint thinner on the oil spot and cover it with sand until it stops seeping thru, let sit for 24 hours and then sweep away.....I have done this on a very large power steering slick (3' across) and it took all the oil right out with no trace even on a very pourous cement surface.....you can use kitty litter or anything that absorbs liquid but the finer the better.....this is very inexpensive and very easy.....

24. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Holy crap.... sounds like everyone has a different way of fixing this!

What about older oil stains and rust streaks? The house I bought has one fucked up driveway.

25. f100kid

f100kid
    from So-Cal

if its recent try using shavings from an animal cage. pressure washer works best though.

26. 32ratsass

32ratsass

What he said! Works well.

27. They gave him a Citation because it's a newer vehicle than his GMC.

Trouble is, I had the Buick version and it leaked oil just as bad. Rear main seal. Easier to dump kitty litter once in a while than fix it.

28. bustingear

bustingear

Did not read the post but go buy speedy dry (kitty litter) from A-ZONE and grind it in the stain with some shitty shoes. Let the Houston sun work on it for a few days and walah! You will like it gone!

29. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

Easy Mate ,your WIFE !:D