Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 pontiac 5 window

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pontiacfreak, Aug 23, 2009.

1. atomickustom

atomickustom

I am not trying to be a smartass here, but if you spend a couple weeks searching around here on the HAMB I think that you will find some of the answers you seek AND you will figure out exactly what you want to build (AND whether or not what you want to build is really "HAMB" or some other discussion board).

2. Ghost28

Ghost28

In regards to your wheel base question in 1932 pontiacs the largest coupe wheel base offered was 114 inches. and is comparable to the chevy frame of 1931 and 1932 of 113 inches. so for your hot rod a couple of inches either way and you are good to go. and I don't think hot rod ben would mind if you coppied his frame build.:eek: would ya ben :)...John
    p.s. I agree with everyone else about tthe mustang front suspension my whole 32 ford style front suspension minus the drag link and steering joints, has cost me around $1300.00 complete and will look a lot more respectable when done. And I am running fenders.

3. Good advice on here. Don't go with that mustang 2 front suspension. I know it's the standard on street rods with fenders but with fenderless rod, it's gotta be a solid front axle. I've seen some pretty sharp parallel spring setups like the Pontiacs originally ran on fenderless rods but it's hard to get the front low, however. I know this cause I'm running a 6 inch dropped tube axle with parallel springs under my 31 Pontaic coupe. It'd be ok fenderless but I'm running fenders and it sits taller than I'd like.

4. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Ha no John I wouldn't I've already had a few guys PM me and I sent them the specs. Just remember who you got it from :)

5. Ghost28

Ghost28

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  6. pontiacfreak

pontiacfreak
    from hibbing,MN

when i redo the 301 im shooting around 300 hp, nothing to radical and i have few friends that have t5 in fox body stangs and both race wit drag radials and stock trans. Also they both are 330 to 350 dynoed at the wheels. I would think it would hold up wit no problem and if i go auto it will be od. one in my firebird is behind a 455 built up and hasnt had a problem yet. I do understand wat you mean about looks wit open fenders and mustang 2. So I will be changing that. Thanks for the help guys really appreciate it

7. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Hmm well maybe it'll work out for ya. I know some guys with 4.6 stangs and I don't guess they're havin as good of luck as your buddies. Good luck man

8. pontiacfreak

pontiacfreak
    from hibbing,MN

4.6 have different trans if i remember right. Also there are two styles. t5 and a t5 world class. All the old 5.0 fords came wit the world class

9. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

lets not forget the buick GN with the turbo 6... came from GM with a 200r4
    if they'll live behind that, he's good to go with a 301

10. pontiacfreak

pontiacfreak
    from hibbing,MN

yup. and if i dont do a 301 its good chance wit a gn motor, but prefer to keep the 301 bec its different and going to be a cruiser and its pontiac.

11. pontiacfreak

pontiacfreak
    from hibbing,MN

where can i find replacement body panels for early chevys? been told i can use some on my car. Any place better then others?

12. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

13. pontiacfreak

pontiacfreak
    from hibbing,MN