Register now to get rid of these ads!

'34 Ford Coupe Followed Me Home. Now What?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by houseofhotrods, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

Drive and enjoy!!

2. brandonwillis

brandonwillis
    from Tucson AZ

i like it just how it sits. I wish something that nice would fallow me home

3. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Congratulations! That is a beautiful car.
    If it were mine, here's what I'd do:
    I'd get more of a rubber rake going on. Then I'd dial in the suspension to get it to sit a bit more aggressive and proper against the tires (dropped axle, etc). Fender's would stay on. I'd probably try to find some cool 21 stud parts so I could run 2 97s....some cool heads, etc. I'd swap to a 39 top loader. I'd lose the grey hound. I'd take off the horns and probably bumpers. I'd lose the spare tire assembly. I might play with headlight position after losing the horns....perhaps a tad lower, or different headlight all together. I'd lose the side marker lights and anything else like that that isn't "necesary" (except fenders). The wheels would be painted shiny black. Eventually I would consider a chop but would struggle with it being that it's such a nice fairly original car and nothing mentioned above would be that difficult to change back. In the end I'd probably say "F-it I'm a hot-rodder" and I'd chop it 2.5-3 inches like Silva's coupe.
    Finally and probably down the road a bit I'd swap out the gauges....maybe customize the dash a bit and would do an oxblood or black leather upholstery.
    So, that's what I'd probably do.

It's awesome how it is and whatever you do, it's a great car. Again, congratulations!
    John Joyo

4. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

That is BEAUTIFUL!

5. change the oil:D then drive the shit out of it, it is to nice to mess with:)

6. cobalt07ls

cobalt07ls

That is one beautiful car! Good Luck with what ever you decide to do with her!

7. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

That sounds perfect! Great find!

8. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Man, You sure got you one sweet '34. My wife has always dreamed of having a '34 Rumble Seat coupe (same year she was born). I am still hoping I will find an off brand '34 and build her one little sweet Odd Rod ! I think I would just do the rubber rake on your '34 and keep it simple. Then drive it every chance you can ! I hear it now rumbling off into the sunset . . . . . . . . .

41 Dave

9. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

WOW! I wouldnt change anything! Awesome find!

10. bonesy

bonesy

Yep

11. Uptown83

Uptown83

nice car... I would leave it as is!

12. Ice man

Ice man

Just drive it. You said it drives fine, its got good brakes, put some miles on it, but leave it alone. You will never get it in that condition again. Unless you just like to work. Take your wife for rides and fall in love again. Iceman

13. carguy88

carguy88
    from Europe

Such a beautiful car. You must remove the spare tho!

14. Here's my Buddy Tim's old car. Built in the mid 50's. If that car were mine, I'd shoot for a stance like this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

Well put Iceman. I can't even think about doing much to it without it bugging me, at least for now. The spare is where it is, until we/they find the other keys. All I have is the one for the original steering column/ignition lok. Missing the ones for the door, trunk and spare tire wheel cover. The two are pretty easy, the one on the spare is a devil - pretty intricate. I would prefer to find the key that fits it, the down side of an estate type car. :)

16. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

I like the stance Chris. A lot! Cool car overall too, VERY cool!! Never thought I would or could own a real '33/34 Coupe. Funny how things find us sometimes - you know ALL about that!! :)

17. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Wow the options are endless first I would drive it as is and only change things as I needed to.:eek: Man she is beautiful!

18. Bikertrash

Bikertrash
    from Boise

Enjoy it as it is. That car is just beautiful. At the risk of getting shit thrown at me... Don't hot rod it. Enjoy driving around in history. That car is too nice to cut up.

19. Great find. Whatever you do, please don't chop it up and rod it. It would be such a shame.

20. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Hey house, if you want a steel 34 to hot rod, I will trade mine for yours....hahaha

Well, worth a shot ;-)

21. Deu55

Deu55

Hey nice ,very nice,just drop it...Rod...

22. Fogger

Fogger

Too nice to change. I agree with those who say fix the radio lose the spare, or not, and enjoy a beautiful piece of history. Congratulations it's really a great car. The FOGGER

23. bigken

bigken

You touch that thing, and I'm loadin' up a bunch-o-Texas boys, come up there and have a damn 'come-to-Jesus' meeting. You touch the steering wheel and the pedals, and leave it at that. Congrats............. :)

24. Zurekbrau

Zurekbrau

It is nice to see what my car looked like back in the day. It would be a shame to f with it now.

25. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

I wouldnt cut it up personally....I would do some big and littles and jus go with it!!!

26. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

What Chris said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!

Kevin
    Ooltewah Speed Shop

27. Cool! Another 33/34 in the PNW. We're going to have to get them all together sometime.

28. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Your coupe looks fine just the way it is. Even though I drive a 4 inch chopped 3 window, I still appreciate the stock look. We don't see enough of them.

29. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

bigken - I am gonna have to shift sometime, open a door and hood now and again too! But I understand what you mean. I have a red set of 40 spokes with 7.50 and 5.50 Wide White Firestones that I am gonna put on just for fun, and see what happens from there - Lose the front plate both license frames and the Little Tree, add a rabbits foot as per my usual, and a House of Hotrods plaque. Also have a set of black Kelseys with blackwalls, same stagger as the reds with whites which might give a mean look from time to time. The reverse eye spring would be extreme - dropped axle would be cool, but just not gonna do it, at least not anytime soon. I like that it is a little hopped as it is, and the stance won't be extreme, just a little better. Bitchin' driver, and that's something I will enjoy being able to do - so most likely will drive it 'til I break it.
    That's what I am thinkin'. I am still in the ether on this one. I haven't had a car give me this much joy in a long long time. It's been a very f'd up year so far - and this is something I really needed to get my head outta my arse.
    It's fun to hear y'all's viewpoints and I appreciate it. Keep 'em comin', and thanks for all the good vibes gang. :)

30. Chop the livin shit out of it, Paint it (poorly) in flat black, paint the wheels red and put a Mexican blanket over that horrible Mohair. Then put some weedeater headers on it and get yourself some Pomade and 4" cuffs and you will be the ultimate hipster here! :cool:

Or do the right thing and drop it a little with new tires and enjoy the hell out of your good fortune! :D Damn nice score