Register now to get rid of these ads!

1929 FORD COUPE VALUE??? please help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BillyBobsSpeedShop, Aug 18, 2009.

1. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

i tried 1500 she wont budge, this will be basically my first build and i think im going to get over my head, should i keep the roof or redo it?

2. Are you kidding me. If I was down there and knew where this car was i'd pay her double.

3. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

holy shit... what is it with threads about sweet deals on complete or nearly complete cars these days, and then the OP dont know weather or not its a good deal???

that car is NOT going to lose any value for you man... buy it, or give up the location...

in other words, shit or get off the pot. its that simple. its in good shape, VERY reasonably priced for the $2k, and you already have an offer of fucking $3k for it?

the word "DUH" comes to mind

4. If you have ANY doubts, pass on it. Save yourself.

5. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

Id buy it for 3k.

6. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

What happened to? (Originally Posted by 40deluxetudor)
    im going to pick it up sat. morning guys.

You are trying to talk yourself out of buying it, aren't you? The lady dropped the price $500 and you still aren't sure, let someone else buy it.

7. Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Take the trailer and cash to pick it up. Someone's going to hear about it and snatch it up. It's a sweeter deal now!

8. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Here's what I think...you really don't want to let go of the money? Too many projects already, would like to have it but don't want another project....Tell another HAMBer where it is and let them deal on it!:D

9. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

2 grand is a deal , go score it and build a rod ,

10. mrdodge

mrdodge

Hello ??? Why are you still on the computer humming & haaing ??? Christ, that thing would be $8K all day long here in NZ, convert to US$5,400. What the hell are you waiting for ???

11. guy51usa

guy51usa

Why not let your FRIEND go get it for $2000 ?

12. chopz56

chopz56

Quit talking and go buy it already,2000.00 is a good deal on this car if you fix it now or later it doesn't matter!

13. bustingear

bustingear

If you read that question on here many times. The answer of the value is whatever someone will pay. BUY IT! I have two

14. Ice man

Ice man

Dosen't make to much difference but its got all the marking of a 28. The tail light is a 28 drum, and the give away is the cam shaft. Looks like a 5 main cam, and thats 28 for sure. Rare Block if it is. Thats what the modifiers look for. H&H loves them. Iceman

15. $2000 for that car is so much of a steal that guy from the Castrol GTX commercial should come pay you a visit if you don't buy it - and whack you in the groin with the dipstick.

16. Abone29

Abone29

Damn dude,I just read this whole thread and can't figure out what's the problem.Even if you don't need it,you like money don't you? Buy that fucker and turn it for an easy grand profit,let your buddy have it,or post the phone # and let someone that desperately wants it get it.

17. Jarred Hodges

Jarred Hodges

$2000 is a great deal for that car. I have seen one in that shape around here and he wanted $4500 for it. I really don't see how you can beat that price. Offering less would be insulting since its priced cheap

18. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

If you cant weld or do basic patch/metal work I would pass.

Its worth $3K

19. blitz

blitz

i know alot of people that would pay twice what yor thinking about paying (myself included). make the deal and if you dont want it put it on ebay and make a bunch of money for another project. but just buy it NOW!!!!!

20. VinnieCap

VinnieCap

If you don't feel comfortable buying it, pass on it. You need to feel good about how you spend your money.

As for all the people saying they'd take it for $3k, don't count on them coming through. When the time comes probably only a few if any would even make good on that comment.

21. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

x2 - look's like a great deal for 2K to me

22. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

bullshit... perfect inspiration to learn :cool:

23. bill3337

bill3337

I think its time to reconsider the whole thing. It seems to me it isn't the price that's worrying you (and the price is more than fair in my opinion). It seems maybe you aren't really ready to buy this car, its just hard to pass it up, but if your heart was in it, it would be sitting in your driveway by now.......so just publish the woman's number and let one of the other guys who really want it have it. :)

24. mackster

mackster

what you can do is continue to ask the same questions and wait until someone that really wants it, gets it. go get it or pass on it!:)

25. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Best thing for you to do is have some competition, give us the name, addresss and phone number of your seller and see if you can beat us to the deal!
    If you pass on it...tell us anyway, just to be a nice guy.

26. 343w

343w

I think the whole plan here is to dangle this little coupe infront of us all just to play games, as Joe Kennedy said,"if you have to ask how much it costs, you can afford it"! Everyone on this site who has been into old tin for more than a couple of years knows darn well that 28-29 coupe is worth $3000 minimum! Go play somewhere else 40tudor.

27. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

Im so sorry guys for keeping this going, and yea im not a master fabricator and i dnt have all the tools I need but my girlfriends dad does. So after hearing all the concens and all the great advice i went and picked it up yesterday and it is now home with the rest of my collection. Im going to take it slow with it and try and do it myself with a little help from friends. So here is the pix everyone has been waiting on.

[​IMG]

28. About time,,,you did good! HRP

29. wvenfield

wvenfield

40, for 2K you did good.

30. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

good job! Happy for you!:D