Register now to get rid of these ads!

1954 ford customline questions...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sir, Aug 22, 2009.

1. sir

sir

my neighbor has got himself a project and comes to me and ask's for some help,sooo I say sure how can i help,he/we need a source for parts,sheetmetal.wireing,rubber parts..seals,brake parts, that kind of stuff,this 2-dr has 38000 original miles,and still looks pretty good (pictures pending) he's not sure what way to go with it so ALL PICTURES would help...thanks....

2. vein

vein

Good source for parts is MACS they have parts for 53-54 fords. As far as other places I would look in the wanted section of the hamb. Craigslist sometimes you'll come across parts for a customline. I saw one up here on craigslist selling for 300 bucks in a junk yard. Wish I had some cash at the time. DONT DO E BAY! $$$$$$. Hes going to have patience in sourcing out parts. Theres also a Salvage yard here on the hamb I cant think of the name, check the clasifieds here on the hamb. Hope this helps!

3. Hubbcat

Hubbcat
    from Sweden

sell the pice of s..t to me

4. talker

talker

try Dennis Carpenter Charlotte N.C. TALKER

5. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

First, get Him to join our 1952-56 Ford social group here on HAMB and do a "new guy intro",several of the guys have extra parts available and plenty of advice, 112 members since the end of May:D.I got most of my parts for my '54 from Obsolete Ford and some from Mac's and Dennis Carpenter so check out their websites and compare prices and shipping.As far as pictures go many of our members have photo albums and build photos.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  6. lonestar54

lonestar54

I don't know if you are still looking for sheet metal, but there is a company called Surplus Supply Company (www.surplussupplyco.com) that has excellent products. That is where I got my floor boards and front fender patch panels.

7. Doktor

Doktor
    from Houston

i have some parts available for a 1954 ford also Kanter Auto on
    the east coast got me most of my stuff. . . be prepared to pay w/them
    and don't rebuild 239 c.i.d.

8. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

Try F.W manufacturing& fabrication.Farmersburg,Indiana47850. Thats were im getting my sheetmetal from. He comes highly reccomended. No i dont know him but was reccomended by the "Rocker King".