Register now to get rid of these ads!

I have gone to far, oH YEA!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JimSibley, Oct 29, 2008.

1. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

KILLER! It's so clean and simple it almost looks like a plastic model.

2. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Scarry cool. Slim

3. JimSibley

JimSibley

ALL STEEL!!!
    Man A lot of people called it a glass car at the last show it went to. Oh well, I guess if you make it real smooth people think its glass.

Attached Files:

4. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

One of the baddest looking hotrods I've seen in a while. You did such an amazing job on it man, thumbs up!!!!! Someone earlier said it was cartoonish-I agree(in a really kick ass way btw)- the stance, those headers.... Zoomies would still be the shit, but the collector and the angle at which it sweeps upwards......DAMN!!! Is that what you envisioned or did they(headers) just kind of end up that way? Absolutely over the top. You are quite the craftsman with a helluva vision. I too would LOVE to see it in action in a video.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You almost expect to see it in that back room at the Portland Roadster Show sitting on one of the tables of those expert model builders who spend hundreds of hours on one model.

So radical but so clean and detailed with nothing that doesn't belong there.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

6. CanUFelix

CanUFelix
    from venice CA

OH MAN I LOVE IT! That's one of the most exciting cars I've seen in a long time. You have true vision Jim! I love the white chassis, its perfect. Do you know what colour the interior will be? The Rake is killer, its so bloody agressive!...top marks from me mate!

7. Gigantor

Gigantor

Damn, Jim. Just, Damn.

8. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Don't get me wrong man, I'm not saying it looks like a fiberglass car. I'm saying it looks like a scale model.
    A very cool one.

9. You did an awesome job.

Love the pics in front of the NAPA store.

10. JimSibley

JimSibley

Oh yea I didnt think you were dissing it. i just like to take the opertunity to show it in metal and toot my own horn whenever I can.
    Thanks a lot for the compliment.

11. 8flat

8flat

Nice work......it's not easy to make a car look so clean. Good inspiration for us apprentices....ha.

12. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Bad ass car Jim. I like it.. you did good!

13. JimSibley

JimSibley

The car did quite well at goodguys, now Im wanting to get it strip ready and maybe take it down the strip.
    Jim

14. BoulevardBomber

BoulevardBomber

15. JimSibley

JimSibley

Its funny,
    I had a local car builder show up today, and argue that I couldnt have painted it and done all of the body wk on it myself. His point being that a metal finisher cant be a good painter, and a chassis builder isnt capable of sheet metal work. All I could think of was all of the incredible builders on the HAMB, and how there are quite a few guys on here like Bass, Littleman, Plowboy, just to name a few that are doing stuff that many pros think cant be done.

16. Ya' just gotta' want it bad enough!

Edit: He obviously has never heard of Jim Sibley.:)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  17. oldsman71

oldsman71

:D i didnt use the quick post so I could use smillies:D
    that thing looks pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! very nice job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
    I like the angry look!

18. JimSibley

JimSibley

I drove it to the local coffee shop today. When I went down main street in our little town it was like the president of mars was driving by. peolpe of all ages stopped, crapped thier pants, wiped, pointed and moved on. I love hotrods!!!!!!

19. f100kid

f100kid
    from So-Cal

can you drive it down my street so i can see people shit their pants and so i can take out my cellphone and take a picture? Its badass!

20. Hubbcat

Hubbcat
    from Sweden

u made my day.

21. JimSibley

JimSibley

Thanks a lot. Tomorow we have a photo shoot at the remains of the old deer park dragstrip. Im going all out. I got a real photographer,lights, and the drag strip should make a cool setting. I am going to bring my hemi powered 27 t for a cool 2 car shoot. im hoping to send the pics to rod and custom. Does anyone know who to get a hold of, or any tricks as to what they like and dont like in a shoot?

22. JimSibley

JimSibley

Check it out. They let me use the drag strip. I can say I am the only person in over 25 years to do a smokey burn out on the deer park drag strip. Heres a lil sneak peek.

Attached Files:

23. RichG

RichG

Please, please, PLEASE bring that monster to the Billetproof drags! Bitchin' doesn't even begin to describe what I think of your car:D

24. JimSibley

JimSibley

When are they?

25. RichG

RichG

This coming weekend!
    [​IMG]

26. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

Those shots kick ass.

but,

wtf? That asphalt looks really nice for remains of a drag strip that's been abandoned 25 years

27. JimSibley

JimSibley

I dont have seat belts or seats yet. If I come it would be to just show it and maybe do a few smokey burnouts.

28. JimSibley

JimSibley

Its all in great shape. They still use it for police training. Its part of a municipal airport, so the airport maintains it.

29. RichG

RichG

That's the best part: it's outlaw! Strip down a grocery cart for a seat, wrap yourself up with conveyor belting and hit it!

30. turney33

turney33
    from pasco,wa

run that thing down to tc sometime!best big chev I've seen in a while.billetproof?