Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs f-157

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by telefunkken, Aug 22, 2009.

1. telefunkken

telefunkken
    from s.w.pa.

anybody ever hear about this truck suppost to be a merge of '57' f-100 and some later model f-150, pictures-info?

2. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

I've seen some early ford abortions where the put a late model bed on em?

3. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

That sounds terrible. Maybe can find it here?

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Jeez, they could have used a good looking truck as a base at least...the 57-60 Ford pickups are as plain-jane as it gets, the 42-47s of the 50s.

5. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Dreddybear................................................nice......uh????????????? Truck

6. texag09

texag09

I know one of the Mustang mags built a truck that was a 1965 F100 widened and shortened to fit over a 04 Lightnig. Is that what you are talking about it was very well done looked stock aside from the ride hieght and side exhaust.

7. texag09

texag09

8. vertible59

vertible59

WTF? You just won a bunch of friends and influenced a lot of people...:eek:

9. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

I just removed my eyeballs with a spoon.

10. retromotors

retromotors

Ummm ... could I borrow your spoon if you're done with it?:eek:

11. Bullrack

Bullrack
    from Louisiana

Damn Dreddy, y'all must hittin' the beer and pizza a lil early today, huh? Wish I had that cannon from A.S.S. to clear that image from my monitor(hell, my head hurts now). Steven.

12. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

:D

you deserve it for clicking on that link.

13. I think I found my new screen saver.... ah thats a joke son..

14. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Dreddy is one sick puppy.

15. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Thanks a whole lot dreddy, now i will never look at smokie and the bandit or cannon ball run the same again!

16. are you talking about that red 1957 f-100 they had in classic trucks august 2006. it's also in the 2009 house of color calender i cant remember which month i'd have to look at it at work.

17. telefunkken

telefunkken
    from s.w.pa.

allright yeah beat-up that's the truck i was lookin for, thanx

18. I think that is the one the OP is referring to. Belongs to Gary Coe.

19. yoyodyne

yoyodyne

Yah yer lucky. I had no spoon, hadta use a plastic fork. Broke a tine too.

20. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I have to admit its actually pretty nice. Dumb wheels though.

[​IMG]

21. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

WOW! That actually looks good. This sort of thing usually needs to be driven off a cliff...but this one I'd be happy to have. (From this angle anyway!)
    Good job!

(Why did they put that minivan roof rack on the hood though!?!? :D:D:D)

22. Erik B

Erik B

That was built a couple of years ago at SAR in Portland. A lot of work done to it and not too bad for a street rod.

23. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

It looks good but personally i love the high hoods of those years, it looks kinda freaky pancaked and ribbed.

24. Yeah, Steve's did a really nice job on this for a streetrod. I've always loved the tailgate treatment how he wrapped around the design. Really finishes it off nicely. They have a lot of pics of it on SARs website.

25. yeah they did so much little things that you wouldn't notice unless you had one. i agree about the hood though, but i like how they cut out that piece above the windshield

26. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

you ass

27. Steve told me that they had over 4000 hours in that thing. Add that at the going shop rate to all the custom parts (and regular ones too) and you've got a half million dollar truck! It's is bitchin though

28. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

I've seen the truck in person. It's very nice. Not exactly my thing but it's very easy to respect the tremendous amounts of time and planning that went into it.

A couple of years ago Gary Coe (the owner of the truck) happened to be in Saint Paul for the Car Craft Summer Nationals. In the article from Custom Classic Trucks (linked earlier) you can see a dark green and grey primer F100 in the background. He was driving past my shop in the green truck when he started hearing some noise from one of the wheels so he pulled in. I just thought he was some guy with an old truck so I told him I'd have a look. It turned out that a caliper bolt was loose so I fixed it. While I was working on it he mentioned that the truck was on the cover of the current issue of Custom and Classic Trucks. I thought he was joking until he pulled the magazine out from inside the truck!:eek: He was traveling with both trucks so that he could use the green one to illustrate how much work and how many modifications had been done on the red truck when he showed them side-by-side. He was a very nice guy and gave me free tickets for the car show and then sat and bs'd with me and my wife at the show. Not your average, "listen-to-me-tell-you-how-great-my-car" is kind of guy.

Jay

29. 61TBird

61TBird

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014