Register now to get rid of these ads!

Suede Swede pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buddy Palumbo, Jul 1, 2008.

1. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

Cool car. Figured you were overseas till I spotted the PA plate, LOL.

2. torchw8

torchw8

Gotta say it Odd rods are the Coolest!!!!! good luck with the kid, they definetly are blessings!!

3. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Thanks guys ! Thanks 'bout the kid too - she's a handful .

I've had a few odd cars in my time . It's kinda my thing , lol .

Overseas ... sometimes I wish !!

4. I used a M41 O.D. tranny from a '73 142. Only mods were swapping the front 1/2s of the drivelines, and a small (1/2") notch in the front of the trans X-member to clear the O.D. The IPD suspension upgrades will lower it about 2" and make it handle like a go-kart.

5. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I will definately be doing the O/D swap into it , especially seeing how much I drive it . On the highway , it screams along pretty good . I could kick myself for selling my old O/D tranny . Yea well ;) .

My Amazon already has the full IPD suspension sitting under it (springs , Bilsteins , swaybars , poly bushings , etc) - it handles great . A bit harsh for a daily-driver , but I tend to like a stiffer (euro-feeing) suspension for when you want to have fun .

I need to find more info on the one-wire alternator (what to use , etc) . I was going to do the later Volvo alternator swap (I see IPD sells a mount/wiring kit) . I kept a couple later Volvo alt's to figure out a swap for my last Amazon , but never got 'round to it (it had a new generator on it) . Always more fun to drive 'em than work on 'em !

6. Swedish Embassy (link from ipd) sells the kit to install the Delco alt. Kinda pricey, but you're better off with a Delco than a (lousy French) S.E.V. Marchal unit.
    You can take some of the harshness out of your ride by installing standard shocks. I know ipd says they won't work with their short coil springs, but mine worked great for 100,000+ miles.

7. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Cool - thanks for the info . Might go to that link & see what I can scare up :) .

8. Cody&Lauren Mohr

Cody&Lauren Mohr

9. comp

comp
    from So. IN.

10. Adam F

Adam F

Nice ride.

I had a 67 two door with a balanced and blueprinted B20 with a D-Jet cam and twin SU's. It was lowered a bit and had factory LSD.

I bought it off a school master who said 'It's a nice car but you wouldnt want to drive it to Sydney" (550 mi each way) Two weeks later I drove it to Sydney. When I got back I realised I didn't have a spare tyre or a jack! Oh to be young and stupid again....

Adam