Register now to get rid of these ads!

Going, going...(Incredible pics)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Artiki, Aug 19, 2009.

1. 8flat

8flat

I would have promptly shat myself.

Cool pics, thanks for posting.

2. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Should put the kid up in a race with the stig!

3. Hot Rodz R Us

Hot Rodz R Us
    Member Emeritus

4. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

i was afraid to scroll all the way down!!! i bet his but about gnawed a hole in the seat!!!

5. KK500

KK500

DANG!! Lucky save for a great looking car.
    Had feared the worst from the top pic.

6. Toner283

Toner283

That little ride had a pucker factor of about 9.5! Great recovery. Cool Car.

7. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jeez, don't scare me like that!.........Whew!

8. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

I scrolled very slowly and got a knot in my stomach.

9. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

10. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

I just found my new screen saver, Pic number 3.

11. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

12. Shit! It's just an old Ford. It would rub out! Great pic. New screen saver. WOW!

13. Unfortunately the seat cover is now sucked up his arse.

14. buickbelle

buickbelle

Those Expressions? This would have been my reaction when I find out someone is putting thier precious metal on that oval track in the first place!!! Never mind the hair raising ride. I wouldn't have an expression on my face during that cause I would have already passed out!

Ok, I can see a run what ya brung, heads up strait line racing, the whole point of that is simply straight line, I can live with that. I don't know about the rest of you but the first thing I think of when it comes to dirt track racing is exactly what you see here, and morons running each other off the track. Yup, this is something for the truly daft! Ranks right down there with Demilition Derbies at your local car show!!!!!!

Carrie

15. Corn coupe

Corn coupe
    from CZ

???? I think you've got it all wrong, but everyone to their own I guess. But still think your wrong!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  16. buickbelle

buickbelle

Ok, I may be wrong, but at least we'll be driving OUR ride home at the end of the day, not watchin it roll off on the back of wrecker!!!! Besides, Roundman would rather ol Buickbelle here have a good time, scraping me up off the ground isn't considered "a good time". LOL

Carrie

17. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

WOW he had lady luck riding with him.When I saw the first picture I thought it looks like a roll over accident is coming due to the speed and heighth of the car and the old suspension.I am glad it didn't happen.It looks like a nice car.

18. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Holy crap....great pics.

19. Glad it all worked out for you and the Model A. Very cool that you have those excellent photos of the harrowing event.
    Now you need to make an offering to the "Gods of Speed" that Mr. Burt Monro so worshiped.

20. thepoz57

thepoz57

Nice save. I would hate to see a car as beautiful as that on its side...

21. That photo would make a great avatar.

Cars can break, roll, and/or hit the rails in straight-line racing, too. Hell, the same thing can happen driving down the freeway! You'd best avoid any sorts of motorsports if you don't want to risk having your car ride home on the back of a wrecker...

22. Jonny69

Jonny69
    from England

Awesome!!! I didn't make the Hayride this year so this is the first I've seen. Well done Clark :cool:

23. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

1: I pulled some crap with my old man's cars when I was younger, but never with him watching! That takes brass ones...:)

2: Having had stocker Model A's, I'm amazed the chassis twist didn't pop the doors open. Has it been boxed???:rolleyes:

3: Took my totally stock 31 Roadster out to the Mall parking lot one New Year's Day and had great fun spinning cookies in the snow for an hour or so just for the hell of it. With 40 horsepower, armstrong steering and mechanical brakes it's harder than it looks. Wound up with about a hundred people watching but didn't get any pics. One old guy named my car Dumbo because the doors kept flapping open.:rolleyes: Had to quit when the tuner kids started playing. One of them spun right into a light pole sideways and another slid backwards into his buddy's car. Took the kids about 10 minutes to total 3 cars :cool:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  24. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

I'll try my best to get to the Hayride next year,just to see if he can do it again!!!!

25. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

My 5-yr old is kinda afraid of fun stuff like that, too. SHE's learnin', though.

26. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

The guys in the background are great! :cool:

27. Did that twice in an old top heavy daily. Usually happens so fast the "oh shit" moment doesn't come until afterwards!

28. brandonwillis

brandonwillis
    from Tucson AZ

the faces of the guys in the background are priceless.

29. One Way

One Way

English bitches are HOT!!!!!

30. buickbelle

buickbelle

True! But you don't see crashes like this very often at the strip. Accidents DO happen, the pictures here tell that story. The therory of turning right to go left just kind of bothers me. I am the one who spends hours on the computer looking for all these hard to find parts at our house, it just kind of terrifies to see all that go rolling across the race track. LOL As for the "sport" of it? Hubby is going to the HAMB drags this weekend, Me? I have paid my dues I am staying RIGHT CHEER. So you see you ARE right, there are some things in this sport I do avoid.
    :eek:

Carrie