Register now to get rid of these ads!

!!! What's up with my wife ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Engine Pro 5X, Aug 13, 2009.

1. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

I get yelled at by my wife if I even chirp the tires a little bit! I even try to make it look like an accident, foot slipped off brake pedal and hit the gas too quickly. And forget about going really fast! Any ideas on how to get her on-board with an occasional display of horsepower and speed? Before it begins, I Love her alot, and ain't getting rid of her...my wife that is!

2. seatex

seatex

Be real careful about letting her drive.............. my wife took the '29 to Luckenbach while I drove the Thirty, and now she calls it "her" car!
    I got even the next week and bought "her" car new tires!:p

3. Turbo442

Turbo442

Ha! Reminds me of when I took my girlfriend out in my Cutlass after I put in the Grand National engine (see avatar). I punched it and got sideways and then straightened out. :eek:I smiled and looked over. She was as calm as a church lady on a pew and just asked "was that on purpose?" I said "uhh... mostly" :cool:

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Yea, beat something off a stoplight with her in the car. I find that if speed doesn't get them, winning something competitive does.

That said, my little bundle of psychosis couldn't stand burning tires, speedor any of this stuff until one night she was riding with me as ElPollacko and I threw down from a stoplight.(long before the twin turbos!!) We beat him out on to the freeway, and she thought that was cool. Since then going fast seems to be no problem! Competition seems to run in the crazier sex.

5. Prostreet32

Prostreet32
    from Indy

If you let them drive it,..watch out; it could go two ways; my gal 'always-bugs-me'
    about "can I drive it now"...( I let her drive me home after meeting a few other cruisers out and drinkin a few beers,...Hell she was runnin 90 in a 50 zone,..)

6. Turbo442

Turbo442

Nice! Was it the red or black beastie in your albums or something else?
    What's powering these two anyways?

Attached Files:

7. you guys are lucky,I passed my girlfriend in her truck on a frontage road by I-10 one day in a hurry to get back to the office in my 32 five window,guess I mighta been doing about 90-95 when I passed her (45mph zone).she never got back in the car the rest of the time I had it.........strange part she lovs going really fast on the roadglide as long as its not on the freeway

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  8. The Lone Wolf

The Lone Wolf
    from Malta

Jeez you guyx have it good.
    I stopped driving fast cos the rubbish roads here are making my daily heap fall to bits but whenever my mum gets in the car it's you're driving too fast and both hands on the wheel and so on.
    My sis however compares me against her boyfriends.She used to say I had no confidence.She's right of course. Every time I push that pedal to the floor I start to pray that I tightened all the bolts properly last time I put something back together.

Shut my sis up though one night. Took a couple curves right on the limit. Poor girl went white as a sheet ;D

Agree though that not being in control makes a ride seem a hell of a lot scarier.

9. I do 100 across alligator alley while she sleeps in the passenger seat in her Corolla... I'm wide awake with white knuckles on "Oh shit" handle when she (or anyone else) drives... Control issues I s'pose... She hasn't driven in the Ford with me yet, I'm afraid all the creaks and rattles will not inspire confidence enough to go for a second ride... I'll wait till it's sealed and insulated.

10. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

Guys!! What a turn on...it is a fear, a rush, and everything in between. :D How can I delicately put this....to see our guy going thru the gears, knowing all that power is in his hands and his control....that's HOT!! :eek: What can I say...we DO love it. Whew....need to have a cig. ;) lol!!!

11. sun down

sun down
    from tx

mine has not driven the 52 that I bought from slide 2 1/2 yrs ago, she is waiting for me
    to have an automatic put in it...........might be a long wait...lol

12. #### Would you like to have a ride in my car ??? LOL >>>>.

13. junior51

junior51

I built my wife a 72 chevy pu that ran mid 13,s everyday driver, she loved it

14. 61TBird

61TBird

I can't stop my Wife from getting Speeding Tickets!.....

15. Sounds potential murder/suicide:D

16. Ok so now the deal with the queen gets a little better !! I got up the nerve to let her drive one of OUR CARS and she likes it !!! Now I thought I was safe with her only being able to drive an automatic. Wrong !! Now one of her lady friends is teaching her to drive a manual trans !! Holy shit what have I done !!! >>>>.

17. Now thats sum funny stuff!:D

18. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

speed is speed its not gender based...but sure as shit they will complain if you want to spend money on your ride,but dont expect complaint when they want 100 pairs of friggin shoes when they have only one pair of feet.They wanna go fast ,run along side my ride in your 100 pair of shoes then.

19. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Back when we were running her 55 and the 57 FI car at the drags, she always had a faster reaction time with both--didn't matter if it was a stick or an automatic--same deal with a 62 4spd vette we used to own--way quicker thru the gears and shifted right on the redline every time--needless to say she drove most all the cars at the drags --Once when she was going to work, she was pulling onto 101 in her 55 all dressed in her business suit, etc. and got on it--it was a fairly long on ramp and a CHP stopped her a little ways down the road--said when she hit the onramp, he started after her but she was pulling away--gave her a warning as he guessed she was going 85 on ramp at the hiway merge--let her go but told her to slow down--if it had been me, it would have been a ticket for sure !!

20. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

She wants something

21. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

My new one gets horny just looking at my car books. I don’t know what ill do when I get one running. :D

22. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Maybe this will answer your question...Shirley Muldowney, Danica Patrick, and Ashley Force.

23. Oh, I'm sure you'll think of something... :rolleyes:

This thread reminds me of when my now ex-wife drove my mother and then infant son to visit her family (a 300 mile trip on twisty NZ roads) and told me how nice the ol' Buick "cruised at 100..." (over here we use kilometres/hour and the speedo reads in miles, so she was driving at 100 mph/160kph). Later, my mother said she was surprised at how damned fast my missus drove.

A few years later, I was in a relationship with a woman (she's still my best friend) who owned a full-on rally car, and I used to laugh at the guys who'd come over to me at an event she was competing in and say how 'brave' I was to let her race MY car! As she was extremely competitive in her class, I think a lot of young fellas has their frail male egos dented by getting soundly beaten by a middle aged woman. :eek:

24. Back in 'the mid 80's, my ex used to take my 67GS out around Orlando looking for stoplight races. She would ring that 455 right out. These day's she amuses herself with a Hyabusa and a Ducati.

25. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

she is craving some action---

26. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Bruce, did you tell her about meeting me at the drag races in Salina during KKOA?

27. I said Fast Cars ROBERT------AAAAA >>>>.

28. Larry Pearsall

Larry Pearsall

A Wife can be a gear head too..Any car I purchase for my wife or 1 that we keep all are 4 speed cars..She likes going threw the gears as much as I do...

29. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

I took my wife road racing at Sears Point for her first time on the track. On the first lap she was white-knuckling it. On the second lap I got squirly on the sweeping S-turns and she let out a shreek and almost lost her bodily functions. I got black flagged (no kidding) cause the corner worker saw she was in pain and needed out.

I pulled into the hot pits and she could barely get out of the car and she could not walk! She had to sit on the hot pit wall for about 10 minutes. She never road with me again.....;)

30. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

my wife pees her pants above 110mph