Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone recognize this 57 Chevy drag car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Edelbroke, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

Bought it today I think it came from the Michigan area. Anyone recognize it? Any history would be appreciated... thanks
    [​IMG]

2. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

yup, I recognize it. It was on every Craig's list in the Midwest. Glad to see a HAMBer bought it. I hope you build it into something fun! Best Wishes

3. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

Very nice! No knowledge on it you might find some old time slips when you give the interior and underdash a good once over?

4. The Lone Wolf

The Lone Wolf
    from Malta

What ever it is looks cool with the wide rear wheels and that bonnet snorkel!
    Good luck and keep us posted!

5. Mac_55

Mac_55

Nice lookin ride. I recoginse it as the one that was stolen out of my barn a while back . Just bring it back to me and leave it in the garage , no questions will be asked. ha ha ha

That pic cant be from today , unless Wisconsins seasons are wayyyyy ahead of illinos , that corn oughta be green lol and not harvested yet ha ha ha.

6. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Another astute member of the HAMB!!! Gotta love it!

That pic cant be from today , unless Wisconsins seasons are wayyyyy ahead of illinos , that corn oughta be green lol and not harvested yet ha ha ha.[/QUOTE]

We expect you to build it and have it ready by spring, join the Midwest Gassers and then off to Joplin you go

7. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

This is a pic from today, When I went to flip the front end open one of the hinges broke. It needs a little tlc. I didnt take any pics before I looked under the hood.
    [​IMG]

8. Very cool car!!!!! I'd loose the hood scoop though, unless you still live in that decade.

9. saw that too, wondered what the history is/was. keep up updated as you make progress or find more info out

10. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Is that injection I see under the hood?
    Nice!

Better not let the "traditional nazis" see that!

11. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

That is too awesome!! I wish it was mine!!

12. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

It does have fuel injection. It's a 1994 LT1
    [​IMG]

13. Mac_55

Mac_55

Im not a fan of the hood scoop , but ya know what , The more i look at it , the more it looks like it just fell out of a hotwheels wrapper in about 1976 . If there was ever a prize for the 57 that looked most like a 70's hotwheels , you would own it.

Sorry Bob.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  14. Abomb

Abomb

Neat car.....wanna trade ??

15. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

oh shit, pop corns burnin!!! *runs frantically*

Ok, im back. Got my popcorn and beer. Lets get this argument goin!

I like the ride man. Whats the plans?

16. unclerichard

unclerichard
    from Michigan

Are there any remnants of emerald green paint anywhere under that color? If so I might remember that car from the late '70's here in mid-Michigan. That car has a resemblance of an Olds powered car driven locally

17. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

looks good. Gotta lose the LT1 tho!!

18. Naw just loose the snorkle and leave the hood shut.

I don't recognize the car and I was racing the Mid-West in the '70s. But that doesn't take a damned thing away from its history. Maybe someone else knows something about it.

I'm not a big tri 5 chebby fan myself, and I am a chebby guy. Go figure.

never the less i like the old five seven. Unless I was dead set on making a period piece from it I'd clean and wax it. Put it on the road and drive it like I stole it.

Then when you wear it out make your major changes ot it if that's what you're after. Ther is just something about wheel time that gives you a real chance to diecide what a car really needs to be perfect. They all have their own personality and all need something a little different to make them just right.

Edit:
    Daaamn did I forget to be a drama queen? Ok looks like but those flames are not trad and that modern street rod motor just makes you sooooo uncool, and those tires . . . :rolleyes:

19. Mac_55

Mac_55

BOBWOP. I want to publicly appologise for my comments . I read yours and took it as being sarcastic and a put down to me and the H.A.M.B community itself , as us being a bunch of dim bulbs.

I learned quickly coming here to get hard nosed and give it back as you take it and thats exactly what i was doing. But after reading your private message i see i took it completely out of context and again , would like to appologise for the comments made.

Sorry

Mac

20. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Jeez, what cornpone fool tried to tow that thing with the grille bar? Demolished a perfectly good gold grille...damn.

Nice 57 BelAir 2door sedan...not alot of real ones around anymore.

21. 52style

52style

looks like a 305 to me well at least the efi setup

22. colorado51

colorado51

Does it have a late model stub?

Anyway, looks like a good start, but man, that engine is ugly!

23. lorodz

lorodz

clean it up fix the hood paroblem ,fix the grille ...and drive it ....looks good enough to put some miles on it ..