Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage A few pics from the 2009 Street Rod Nats in Louisville

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ChevyGirlRox, Aug 17, 2009.

1. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I finally got my pictures from the Street Rod Nats in Louisville loaded. Didn’t take many, too hot to do much of anything! There were a few cars there I thought you guys would enjoy. Since my 4 banger A roadster isn’t quite up to a 5 hour freeway trip yet I rode down with Matt in the ’32.

Here is the ’32 with a good friend of ours from Michigan’s ’32 roadster
    [​IMG]

I love these two cars together
    [​IMG]

The swapmeet there is always interesting. Lots of good stuff but usually super high prices. This year for the most part was no exception. Always fun to look though!
    I think this coupe belonged to a HAMBer, it was sold
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh the potential! :D
    [​IMG]

This little roadster pick up had a neat story. A guy from Oklahoma (?) found it in a barn in Texas not too long ago. It was built into a hot rod in California in the 50s, it still had a 4 banger! The car was striped by Von Dutch and some of the striping remains! It was a neat car, well worth the $20k price tag I think.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Von Dutch striping that remains. The guy said there was more but it was painted over in the late 70s.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

You just don’t see this everyday
    [​IMG]

or this, love it!
    [​IMG]

Then there was this old race car. I would have bought it just to set in the yard to promote tetanus shot awareness but it had no price and no phone number…stupid….
    [​IMG]

Pretty interesting engineering
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This Hudson was sold by the time I found it, I swear it said $5800 and was a solid and straight California car!
    [​IMG]

On to the show….

This car was REALLY blue, but I liked it
    [​IMG]

This Jag was parked in the vendor parking lot. The tag said Posies and I LOVED it! It had a 383 stroker and all kinds of neat other modifications. Looks like the perfect car to terrorize the hill country I live in.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stopped over in the Pro’s picks and ran into Runaraoundsue, Mercdeuceman, and VonDust better known as John, Susie and Dustin Cooper from Indy with their car El Tiki. Enjoyed chatting with them and the teeny tiny bit of shade Susie’s umbrella provided in that boiling pit of a parking lot. The car looks great with it’s modifications, LOVE the chrome done by my buddy Steve at Advance Plating in Tennessee.
    [​IMG]

You could tell this car was built a long time ago, I’m thinking late 60s early 70s. Kind of cool still though (not sure about those buttoned and tufted running boards?!?)
    [​IMG]

3. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Friday night I had dinner with some good friends right across the street at the host hotel. Parked out front was Norm’s new ride, a pretty sweet Nash!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The next day I walked a lot of the vendor’s booths. You can tell times are a changing in NSRA land. There were quite a few Camaro/Mustang/57 Chevy vendors in there establishing a presence for next year and years to come. There was also a lot of empty space, surely a sign of economy.

Just when I thought I had blocked out Bonneville for the weekend I came upon this
    [​IMG]

Boohoo, another reminder. I’m still pretty bummed out about missing it. I’m putting on a BIG event at the end of August for work and really couldn’t take the time off to go out. Never again though will this happen. Like Dooley said and BenD reiterated on the HAMB “there are only so many Speed weeks in a person’s lifetime” and they are too precious to miss!

Not too long after that I ran into Norm Grabowski signing posters in the booth with his Kookie Kar replica. What a hoot he is, it is always fun to see him. I asked for a picture and of course he obliged after some goofing around :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Neat tag
    [​IMG]

We then headed in mass over the big car giveaway. This year they gave away a ’32 couple built by Brookville, it looked like a really nice car. I must not have taken a photo of it though. I did however take a picture of this scooter convention at the one end of the stadium. Further proof of Harrison’s statement here on the HAMB not too long ago, “The 30 year rule change in NSRA is like trying to open a night club at a nursing home.”
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately none of my friends won the car this year, we had a streak going in ’04 and ’05 :D

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  4. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

At the big awards ceremony there were a couple neat cars. I really liked this coupe. I heard it was at the Round Up this year too.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This sedan was kind of cool, definitely different
    [​IMG]

It was Flathead powered not sure how well it will cool though with this unique set up
    [​IMG]

A couple from back home won an award in the UPS commercial way for their roadster pick up. They have two roadsters, a pick up and a roadster. They drive them both everywhere!
    [​IMG]

After the awards we headed home. Our convoy ended up taking a two lane most of the way thru Kentucky up to Ohio to avoid the one lane construction on 71. Nice night for a nice drive in a roadster. Life is good :D

5. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

thanks for the pictures, looks like I will have to try and get there in person next year

6. This is hilarious....

[​IMG]

7. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

8. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Hey Megan,

Thanks for the pics. From the look of things it wasn't that muddy there after the rains?????

9. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Good pics, thanks. I lost the memory card out of my camera, so I only have the pics that others took. The scooter brigade is hilarious. I have never seen so many in one place in my life. I'm sure I saw a lot that could (and should have) been walking, though.

BTW, if you remember a guy stopping you at vendor booth to say he really enjoyed your Roadster Show Road Trip, it was probably me.... I was on a mission to get a stainless bolt - for the generator bracket on my '37 (to replace the one that fell out somewhere along the way) - when I spied you and Matt (I think he was buying something at the time)....

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Rascal Derby????

[​IMG]

11. Ya those little rascels.

12. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

For all of the hulabaloo the national media made of that storm I didn't see anything! I saw no mud, not even a puddle! It had no part in my weekend fun!

Wow, you lost your memory card?!? That's ironic! I found a memory card in Pro's Picks. Picked it up put it in my pocket and forgot about it. The next morning at breakfast I remembered it and thought "hmmm...I should put that in my camera and see what's on it." So I put it in my camera and it wouldn't register anything :( and then it got STUCK in my camera! I couldn't get it out, I ended up using a pair of pliers to pull it out. Luckily my card slipped back in and still worked. What kind of card was yours? What color? I think I threw it in the map pocket of the roadster.

What vendor booth was I at? I'm trying to place you....

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  13. Scott K

Scott K

14. My three buddies will be pleased with this shot, We made the trip from the UK and you got them in your picture,

[​IMG]

15. johnnylonghair

johnnylonghair

It must have been hell to pull it out with pliers. Sorry i just had to

16. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Mine was blue and only fits a Sony, but the card you found had to be somebody elses.... some other poor loser that can't keep track of their important stuff. I either lost mine at Walmart or a gas station... keys got stuck in my pocket twice and had to turn the pocket wrongside out to get them out. Memory card was loose in my pocket cause I was looking for a matching one in Wallyworld, and musta fallen out on the parking lot.

Don't remember the booth you were by(Lucas Oil, maybe), but I'm pretty sure it was Sat afternoon, about 2 rows in from the back, across from and near Mother's..... (I think). I'll stop an intro myself better next time.

17. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I wonder if those Rascals were pre 49?

18. This car belongs to my friend Gary Bennett. It was built here in Jonesboro by a shop that has since closed. Pictures show the body at the start of the project. Impressive result!

Attached Files:

19. Nice pix Megan....I like that hudson and that green 32.

Nice !

Rat

20. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Thank you Megan.

21. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Is he ok? I heard he had a nasty run in with the fan belt trying to time the engine at the Nats? Hope he is doing well.

22. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Megan,

Thanks for sharing your pictures! Any chance that you have a shot of the green 28'-29' pickup in the background of this picture?

[​IMG]

23. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

No, I don't. It was one of three or so winners in the UPS Commercial Way.

24. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

Megan, it doesn't get any better than this, you in the east and Denise on the west coast, event coverage coast to coast, good photos thanks for the post.......................:D

25. Great pics Megan, good to see you and Matt again.
    Bonneville next year...right?;)
    B.

26. papastoyss

papastoyss

Ya, NSRA knew their business model was flawed when these things started showing up. I wonder how many people actually need them vs just lazy?

27. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Thanks for the pictures. I missed the Willys in the swap meet!!!

28. bonesy

bonesy

I know its prob not cool to say - but I love that Jag.

29. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I saw MANY people there that did not need them. Matter of fact a lot of those people in that picture got up to 'dance' to the pre-awards band and then stood in line to get the lead singer's autograph after. I'm beginning to think you should have to have a perscription to have one or rent one. OR I need to go into the rascal rental business :rolleyes::D

It's fine to say, I do too!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  30. ShelbyStang

ShelbyStang

They were renting them damn scooters for like $50 a day! Every gold chainer in the country was there riding them lol....