Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My new,...Old Hot Rod Shop !!! 1937 Mobil Station

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harms Way, Aug 17, 2009.

1. CruZer

CruZer

What a great story and NO, you are not bragging ! Keep the pix and the stories coming !!!
    Many of us wish we were so fortunate. Your patience and hard work has paid off.

2. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

one of my many dreams...enjoy it Dude

3. Reds 29

Reds 29

I didn't check all of the replys but I didn't catch where it is? I love old gas stations. I get up north all the time and would go out of my way to check it out.
    Red

4. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Great stuff.I love old buildings,so much more character.Hope you get the signeage issue sorted,that would be the icing on the cake.
    I'm in the process of converting a derelict 1860 farm house into my new workshop.It would have been easier to knock it down and re build but,I couldn't bring myself to do it.Even if it is a run down dump!

5. sololobo

sololobo

I have cruzed past so many of these , remaking each and everyone as I dream away. I am so thrilled for you, the building is very cool. I know this has to be a big ass project, so best of luck and congrat's on your score, thanx for sharing with the troops!! ~Sololobo~

6. SteadyT

SteadyT

Wow, the possibilities are endless. Congratulations!

7. Harms Way

Harms Way

You guy's have no idea how much I appreciate all of your positive comments,....... but this one from the Boss really chokes me up,...:rolleyes:

You all may want to think about flaming me just a little bit,.... there is way to much love on here for the HAMB,.... the newbies and guests won't know how to handle it. :D

Again, If anybody from the HAMB family is up this way and wants to stop by, please let me know (P.M. me or email me), I would welcome the company, but just remember it's just an old shop,..... well, you know what I mean.

(you folks are making one of the best weeks of my life even better,... and BTW we closed on my Birthday :D how's that for freaky ?)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  8. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

Way cool man!!!!:cool:

9. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Coolest garage ever! I'm jealous.

10. 7"Chop

7"Chop
    from Denver

Cool story........Cool ending

11. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

Brag away,thats too cool!

12. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

prolly drove by it as a kid going to mac island with folks. that building was "jetsons" modern back in its day. too cool, congrads.

13. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

You the Man, Great Score

14. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

15. Congragulations!
    You found gold. that place is the balls!
    It would make a nice show room to resell speed parts or collector cars.
    I love the archetecture of your new building. Soooo retro!
    Good luck and have fun with it.

16. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

I'd like to visit sometime. Cool find.. Congrats, the perseverance pays off.

17. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I Know how you feel! I just bought a new shop on three and a half acres that as a bonus has an old abandoned Phillips 66 station on it.I have tons of 30s through 70s Phillips signs,oil cans maps,you name it and cant wait to play with the station.Mine is on highway 56 in Kansas.God is good!

18. Very cool, Dennis...Great find. Wish I could find something like that here in SoCal!

19. malkintent

malkintent

thats the coolest thing ive heard in a very long time, thats the coolest bldg!!
    next time im hunting up there ill make it a point to stop by!!!

20. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

You are liv'in the dream my friend.

21. oldgoaly

oldgoaly

Thanks for saving some history! for everyone to enjoy! tt

22. Ozzie

Ozzie

Looks like a good place for a meet and Greet for the local rods!, Gather up 30 or so guys, have a good plan of attack on what you would accomplish with that much help and Get R Done!.. Congrats!!!

23. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I can't believethat I've mised this thread. As much time as I spend on here not much escapes me, however at times things do really pile up fast and get to page 5 before you know it.
    So, it REALLY happened, you got the building? Ever since I was up there and got the tour I've been inserting a prayer request that things would go smoothly and you'd find yourself the proper owner. How tragic it would have been to have a lot of your things already there and have to move out due to some glitch. As they say, "sometimes GOOD things happen to GOOD people".............case in point.:)
    Now the real work can begin to truely make it your own. If you think it would help I'm sure we could arrange for a bunch of us to arrive early some Saturday morning and put in a concentrated day helping you get some the "heavy lifting" done if it would help you out. Your call, but don't be shy. I''m a terrific supervisor and would be more than willing to eat a lot food and drink a case of Mt. Dew to get things moving.:eek::cool::D

Frank

24. Oldsmobucket

Oldsmobucket

congrats, very nice shop. its ashame most of these pieces of history were destroyed to make room for parking lots, stripmalls, or the such. keep us posted on the progress

25. I think you are a lucky dude to have pulled this off. I would love to have a place like that. I assume the first order of business is to get an alarm system. (Unless it's next door to Ted Nugent's house) I would just hate to have something like that and some punks from Detroit come by and trash the place, or worse. How's taxes there? Anyway, good luck and if I ever come up that way I'd love to see it ..

26. Harms Way

Harms Way

I hope you guy's were serious about more pictures,.... because here is the best I could do with a virtual tour,....... :)

This is the front office area from several directions,..... Including the showcase I got from the Mill-End store that was closing for $40.00

[​IMG]

My Grandsons favorite attraction is parked by the front window
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I bought this at a swap meet a few years ago,... because it reminded me of the Shop.
    [​IMG]

27. Harms Way

Harms Way

Here is the actual office area,.... please excuse the mess. :eek:

[​IMG]

those black bags are over extra engines
    [​IMG]

It will get cleaned up and organized,.... ( eventually,..... I think) lots of work to do first.
    [​IMG]

Hard to believe,. but this is one of my very favorite features of the Shop,...... :D

[​IMG]

28. Harms Way

Harms Way

And last,..... my entertainment center,..... and yes this is a mess too,... but I will empty it when we hang the new lights and paint the inside, then I will organize it as the projects and equipment and new shelfing go back in,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

i get up that way.every now and than..got a place in houghton

might be up that way second weekend in september

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  30. Alex Yohnk

Alex Yohnk

No need for an alarm, I'd never leave that place!!