Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB'ing it up a Work?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rust Monkey, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Rust Monkey

Rust Monkey

Okay, just for curiosity, how many other desk jockies are out there cruising the HAMB while you are supposed to be working? I like a nice 50/50 split between HAMB and non-HAMB activities while I'm on the clock. Ever get busted by the IT police? Speak up pencil pushers!

Any one ever get fired for HAMB'ing at work?

I like to use the rationalization that I don't smoke, so a few minutes (okay alot of minutes) on the HAMB every so often is equivalant to the smokers sneaking out every hours or so. Furtunately never had to sell that to the Boss yet!

2. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

My second job is at a computer lab..... I am allowed to surf the 'net!!! (which means I'm always on HAMB!)

3. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Sounds like you may be my boss trying to set me up or are you that weasle in accounting Marty?:D

4. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

I'm on the H.A.M.B. every day at work, co-workers even come over to have a look, nobody has ever said anything about me being on.

5. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

It's on at the pig stand every day!:)

6. iPhone. It's Hambtacular!

7. slefain

slefain
    from Atlanta

I am, all day. I work in the automotive field though so I pretty much surf forums and blogs all day. I am just lucky that I have been reading the HAMB for years and only recently since buying my '61 Olds did I have a reason to post.

8. The Blurr

The Blurr

My boss does not seem to care I have gotten caught a lot. I think as long as I get my work done he does not care.

9. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

I'm on every day and nobody has said anything yet

10. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

All day, every day! :cool:

If it has to do with bending, shaping, shearing or punching metal........it's work related for me.

11. I'm the boss so I can get away with it! ;)

12. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i am on a lot. almost always the HAMB is open on an igoogle tab, among many other things; email, jango or pandora, trek bicycles dealer site, specialized bicycles dealer site, pearl izumi dealer site, etc, etc.

it's easy to switch off the HAMB tab, and not get caught...

13. I'm logged on from 7:30-5 everyday. Having two monitors is key in being able to check out posts and pics and what not AND having a spreadsheet open so it looks like I'm busy working.

14. I get to check it out most of the time,,,I ain't the boss but I do write the checks,,:D HRP

15. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'm on the HAMB every day at work.

come in at 8:00. make my coffee. check if any orders popped up in the printer. check my work email and voice mail. usually I'm on the HAMB by about 8:05. sometimes there is work to do, so I don't sign on til 8:30.

Im the only one here. the boss is back east. he told me I should bring in a TV.

monday our internet connection was down so no HAMB.... oh the torture!!

16. Same here :D

17. I am on here a couple times a day...
    But as long as I get my work done, I think it's OK.
    I also don't smoke or drink coffee, so I am working 2 hours more then the others anyways ;-)

18. younggun13

younggun13

Im checking out the hamb every day i come into work check my email and log onto The HAMB see the new threads:)

19. Leadsled RnR

Leadsled RnR
    from CO

All day usually, just the dead season right now, so its about the only thing that keeps me from going crazy. I figure my co-workers are on facebook, i can be on HAMB.

20. Rust Monkey

Rust Monkey

Glad to see I'm in good company. Sticking it to "The Man" one post at a time!

21. Wow, I was wondering last night at work, if anyone had ever been fired for viewing the HAMB during work? I'm guilty, mostly lunch and coffee breaks though.;):D

22. 40Chevy

40Chevy
    from california

I got written up at my last job 9 months ago for being on the HAMB too much, I think they worded it as: "On the intenet too long on automotive related website". Apparently i didn't suck up to the IT nazi enough. What a crock of shit.

23. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

It's on the laptop all day.I just minimize it when I have to work.
    Clearing the history log every day keeps me honest! :D

24. Im always on here a work and dont get caught. I swear its a drug!

25. WrenchKitten

WrenchKitten

Me too. I'm on the parts counter in the truck shop at a Ford dealer.

When I'm not looking up the wrong parts or aggravating mechanics, I'm hanging out on various car and truck related web forums.

26. check in 8-10 times a day! depending on how busy i am sometimes more

27. Imwalkin

Imwalkin
    from Tucson, Az

The hamb got blocked at my job, my computer says I can not look at "personal" web sites. But the funny thing is I can still bring up the garage journal

28. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

I do , just like now..:D .. in the evenings I can work on the Henry j.. and not be distracted..

29. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

I am IT. I can tell where every user goes and how long they stay there. I can even tell if it's active browsing or if the page was left open.

I'm watching you man.

(actually, I'm on the HAMB while at work right now).

- Joe

30. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I AM the IT police. :)

At my last job, there was a list of most visited sites. Top 10 were spyware dialing home (girls just HAVE to download every app they can find) but I'll be damned if jalopyjournal.com wasn't top 25!