Register now to get rid of these ads!

I want your opinions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Redsled, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Just ignore Jimmy. He's rude, that's the way he grew up.

2. Muttley

Muttley

Looks much better with the Mags.

3. Falcon

Falcon
    from nevada

Why did you buy a 4 door for your son? He would not have bought a 4 door. Now he will have that to remember the rest of his days. Go sell it and get a 2 door.

You asked... Put the old rims on it before you sell it.

5. If you are going to jump on the 4 door haters band wagon, at least read the thread and understand it.

6. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

7. daddio211

daddio211

Okay, that's funny!

I'm a HUGE fan of '60 Chevies. I have a '60 Bel Air two door post that's waiting patiently for its turn under the Sawzall.

I like the mags a lot better. I dig the two tone, but the chrome reversed wheels don't compliment the layout/colors... in my sick little mind. It just doesn't "work" for me with the steelies.

Now drive the piss out of it!

8. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

I like the smoothees. The spokes look a little bit to fat on the other "mag" rims for my taste. But to each his own.

9. look good either way its a 60' chevy nuff said!

10. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

first off i have to say id stick with the chromes, but i also have to say to maxwell, this thread was asking for opinions, but opinions on the wheels, i dont think they were trying to fool anyone by taking off the rear handles, just making it look more appealing to they eye which is what we all do to our cars we do thinks to make them look better in our opinions, im just adding my 2 cents i am not scolding anyone by any means..i do believe that there should be a club made here on the hamb for people who express only negative opinions all of the time..maybe there is one if not there realy should be, it would be a large club..

just try to keep negativity to yourself for everyones sake and make the hamb a pleasure to be on

just my 2 cents and no this is not me asking for an argument

11. Man,,that's a cheap shot,,,

There are some of us that like 4 doors,,,I happen to own one myself. HRP

12. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

Because thats exactly what I wanted!!

Good call!! Your exactly right, some people just dont get it!

Yep, an opinion about the WHEELS! Nobody asked for your opinion about 4doors . And maybe you think its throwing away money but its not your money either!! Just keep negative opinions to yourself!

13. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Yeah looks better but in the ends its all about what you like

14. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Nobody really gives a crap about whether the car is a 4-door or not in the non-car world. All those folks just think it is neat that a car that old survived and they are the ones that buy 4-doors for good money. Just enjoy your car, not everybody is so wound up about the door count, nice is nice.

15. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Yeah and you don't need the [dumbass] opinions of people who are too narrow minded to appreciate the car for what it is no matter if it is a 4 door, too "street roddish", or not in the "right era". I'll say it again, nice car and it looks good with those wheels.

17. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

better than some shit ive seen on here, when someone asks for opinons..:eek:

yer ride what do you think of it?

i think it looks fine

18. poseur111

poseur111

I'm into the mags on this car, which is strange to me because I usually love chromies.

As to the 2-door / 4-door thing, I'm glad there are so many people that wouldn't be caught dead in a 4-door because it keeps the prices down for the rest of us (and everybody's happy).

Cool car, enjoy it.

19. I don't think Daisies look good on anything, just an ugly wheel. IMO. American d's or Cragar 5 spokes would be ok, the chrome with spider caps would be great, but 59 and 60 Chevy's live for Supremes.
    And nothing wrong with a four-door. You drive what you can afford and hell, I would love a 59 or 60 four-door hard top with that pancake roof. One of the best looking cars of those years.

20. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Did everyone miss the fact

that he said he got it FROM his son

NOT FOR HIS SON,

or

DID I miss read the first post?

21. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

I like the five spoke rims better,

22. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

You read it correct..He bought it FOR me when I was 16 and he recently bought it FROM me.

23. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

I like the mags and the 4 door:D. Young kid big back seat:eek:. oh the fun we had in cars when we where young:cool:. oh just thinking back sorry. I took my wife on her frist date;) in a 57 chevy 4 door hard top......

24. Now that is a hell of a deal! :D

25. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Chrome and drop it till it scrapes the reflectors off the road.

26. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

Yep!

Thats how its been for the past few years..Now he has it, he wants to lift it back up! which doesnt make since to me!

27. mac762

mac762

The mags would look better if they have the cast grey center. That's my opinion on the wheels.
    I'd put the rear door handles back on and drive it.
    My Grandparent's had a white 60' when I was a kid and we had to borrow it a couple times when our car was down. I like them.
    What does that car have for motor-vation?

PS My Grandparent's car was still around until scrap prices were way up. I think my tweaker Uncles scraped it.

28. Swifster

Swifster

No such thing as a 4-door hot rod. Now having said that, it's a nice looking car and the mags look a 1000x's better. I don't care for cars scrapping the pavement either. But I like them lower than stock.

29. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

why would it matter what we think?

and NO 4 door hot rods?

Theres one here in Atlanta that will prove that comment wrong.

30. Swifster

Swifster

It's just a modified grocery getter. 4-doors have no cool factor, I don't care what's been done to it.