Register now to get rid of these ads!

Two Lane Blacktop rare photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jalopy junkie, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

I might watch this tomorrow. I found it on DVD a couple of weeks ago.

2. lorodz

lorodz

i picked up a origanal vhs copy from a old going out of bizz movie rental store ...watch it at least once or twice a year ...i love it ...thats cool about the ford should be restored to movie version though my 2 cents ..

3. Sweet wheels on the coupe.Where can I get a set?:eek::rolleyes:

4. granny

granny
    from WA state

I'm going to try to orginize myself a little TLB inspired trip next summer, try to hit 3 different non-sanchoned 1/8mi tracks in WA, maybe OR, hopefully on a fri/sat/sun. No trailer, just show up at each track and try to set up a few money races. Figured i would start w/ $1000 or $1500 racing money and see if i can come out ahead by the time i get home.

Might get a few more guys together and maybe make a contest out of it.

Granny

5. To those of us of a certain age - Absolutley!

Baron likes this.
  6. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

We go under the bridge in Needles every couple weeks on the way to the river Shack. Eerie feeling every time and never gets old.:D

7. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

September 2008, Pigeon Forge, TN - Grand Run Weekend

I consider this a rare photo and quite an opportunity to have my picture taken with Richard Ruth himself!! He was flown to TN by the builder of a 2-Lane recreation 55 Chevy to be on hand while displaying his car. Great guy to talk to and really cool just to shake hands with him and have my picture taken with him!

According to Richard, those shirts will never be available, and anyone who tries, gets their hands cut off by the copyright owner. On another note, my shirt is of Pisgah Auto Parts in western NC, which just occured to me, the owner is probably the Richard Ruth of NC if there ever was one.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  8. greensheads

greensheads

My wife doen't really get the movie either.... The girl "is depressing", and "they don't ever say anything". Ill admit, the girl character is a bit depressing, but the lack of dialogue is part of what makes the movie so cool.
    My favorite line of the movie is in my sig. GTO is hilarious.

9. Westside Lefty

Westside Lefty
    from Venice

I love that Warren Oates had a different story for everyone he met in the movie. My favorite part, bar none.

10. Brewton

Brewton

Classic movie - I've got in both VCR and DVD!

11. SlamIam

SlamIam

I saw the movie in the theater when it came out, I was in college and remember thinking, "cool, they finally made a car movie about real life." You had to be there, those times were that different. I agree the film was about the end of an era - all you had to do was look at the new 71 Mustang to see the good times were really over.

12. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

I remember when the film burned at the end everybody turning up towards the projection booth and somebody yelling "Wake up! You fried the film!" A bunch just sat there after the lights came up waiting for them to splice it and start it up again...:rolleyes:

Have you seen James "The Bald Fart" tailor's hair lately :)

As for changing the jets all the time, this was a dual high rise manifold. Atomizes gas at street speed rpms about as well as a garden hose thru a house fan. Puddles in the plenum, then floods at every stoplight. Anyone who's ever run one on the street can swap fouled plugs in a heartbeat blindfolded and changes in altitude require jet changes. I used to stop in southern Utah and change jets and plugs, then change them again as soon as I got down to the coast every time I went from Idaho to California or back. Same deal Heading to SIR in Tacoma or Portland only even more jet swaps for Montana and the passes in north Idaho. 2000 ft altitude change and the car was WAAAAY rich or lean depending on wether you were going up or down. Buddy with a dual hirise 351 in a 66 Falcon did the same thing every time we left Virginia Beach and went into the mountains when I was stationed back east. Even my Chevelle with the Edelbrock 600 idles at 800 rpm here at 4900 ft in Idaho Falls and idles at around 2500 rpm when I get to Bakersfield before I back it off. But I can do that with a screwdriver instead of a parts change. Still it's amazing they kept over doing it in the movie. Most people wouldn't get it.:cool:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  13. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

14. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

15. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

16. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

17. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

18. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

19. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

20. Great pics....Great movie.....Awesome muncie M22 Rockcrusher whine....."gotta go change my jets now" LOL...John

21. Actually, according to Richard Ruth, Taylor couldn't drive the car with the LS7/Tunnel ram worth a crap (stalling, fouling plugs, killing the clutch etc. So they put a "cruiser LS5" with the A/C in the "in car camera car". My dad and his buddies/drag racing partners are old pals with Ruth. Look at my thread "found dads '56 gasser", there is a cool, real story about the "Bad" '55 after Ruth finished it and before it was used for the movie.

brut4s likes this.
  22. bbc 1957 gasser

bbc 1957 gasser

shit i cant drive my bb and keep it cool let alone one with ac in the desert that bitch had to overheat :eek:

23. thendrix

thendrix

Hey jalopy junkie, whats up neighbor! Cool pics.

24. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

thanks man...

these are from the tlb chat forum-

[​IMG]

25. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

26. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

27. jalopy junkie

jalopy junkie

28. jalopy junkie