Register now to get rid of these ads!

WARNING These pictures might make a grown man cry

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SWIGJ, Jun 3, 2009.

1. SWIGJ

SWIGJ
    from JASPER GA

four more

Attached Files:

2. Pretty bad.Hate to see this happen to someone.

3. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

There must be an interesting story with the Chevy. Hydraulics, Daytons, independent rear suspension, no radiator and a SBC with a big ass turbo?

4. George T G

George T G

Not to mention the damage they do with the fork lift moveing them around. I see them moving "drivers" with the forklift instead of jumping in and turning the key. They wereck exh, trans, oil pan, suspension. OOPS !!!
    I don't bother with them anymore. Too much export $$ there too as well as the fees.
    GEORGE!!

5. SDFastOne

SDFastOne
    from Pierre,SD

what's wrong with the Yellow 56'? Still has a good headlight.

6. shoebox1950

shoebox1950
    from California

Christine fixed herself...what are THESE cars waiting for? Jeez...

7. Looks like suicided doors, too. In fact I'd say the front was made into a one piece flip nose and the trunk lid maybe reverse opening also. Might be worth looking at some lowrider mags, with all those mods it probably was featured somewhere if it was finished when that happened to it.

You left out the "hit by train" or "firebombed by terrorirsts" though. It's hard to believe there's any salvage value left in that one except as scrap metal.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  8. FatDave

FatDave

2 words...

Parts Cars.

9. Swifster

Swifster

If I have time over the weekend I'll add some more.

Just so the uninitiated know, when a car gets totaled, the insurance company will usually let you buy the car back. But they set that price. As an example, if the car is worth $50,000, usually 80% of that amount ($40,000) in damage will make the car a total. If the insurance company keeps the car, you get a check for $50,000.

If you want the car back, they subtract the salvage value (or what they think it will bring at auction). If they think they can get $6,000 for it, you keep the car and your check is $44,000.

Many times these salvage values are unrealistic. I totaled a '52 Crosley wagon and was interested in buying the car from the owner. The insurance company wanted $1800 for a car hit front and rear. These cars are dirt cheap, and at the time a nice one was for sale in TX for $3200. I also tried buying a 32K Triumph TR-6 that was dumped in the drink. It was already flash rusting, and by the time it went thru the auction it would have truely been junk. I'm sure both cars went to the crusher.

10. superbeeme

superbeeme
    from georgia

It only takes 6 million to build it "stronger, better, faster than ever"!
    Any body an extea 6 million they could share?

11. motorhead711

motorhead711

12. So what do they actually auction out for? I'm sure it varies depending on who's actually at the auction and how bad they want it, but if it's wrecked as bad as that mangled and burned out '51 Chevy, what's it going to bring, $100 so the guy who takes it to the crusher makes $50 on it?

13. LEMMING249

LEMMING249

14. Nerdbynight

Nerdbynight

Life just isn't fair...:'(

15. 1 shot

1 shot
    BANNED

I've gone through three boxes of tissues since I seen this thread.............................

16. wallace

wallace

This is what I get for not going to bed when my wife called me. This is worse than those sad movies when u got hold your breath to stop from tearing up except at this moment I am tearing up

17. From now on everything gets a full cage and a halon fire suppression system. Don't want to end up like those.

Some of those look like mere abandoned cars. Others look like theft recoveries.

18. papastoyss

papastoyss

Copart conducts their auctions over the internet so buyers all over the world have access to their cars. The special interest cars I've watched usually sell for way more than I would pay. There is a Copart yard in my town so I can inspect in person when they have an unusal car.A few yrs back they had a 40 Ford coupe that was a "restored original" that a tree fell on & caved the top in real bad along w/other damage. During the "restoration" someone had beaten in the rusted quarters & put new metal over them. Ditto w/the tail panel. It wasn't even a "amateur restoration" A internet buyer paid right at 25k . I sure would have liked to have been a fly on the wall & heard him when he saw his "bargain"

19. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Yikes! No bueno at all.

20. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Yeah it is! That makes it a shame for sure, even if it's a "non-traditional tupperware" car!!!!!!! There's a LOT of work into that car, as it wasn't just an "out of the mold" body!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

21. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

From some of the talent I have seen since being on the HAMB I honestly believe all could be saved exept the crispy caddy.

22. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

Either a good body man with skill or a bad one with bondo could make those cars look good. Well a couple of them at least.

23. SWIGJ

SWIGJ
    from JASPER GA

I watched this car sell online it brought 15000.00

24. SWIGJ

SWIGJ
    from JASPER GA

The only thing I ever bought was 1964 nova 2 dr ht paid 150.00 plus sale fees . It was ragged out 6cyl auto bumped in the rear but did run and drive. Kept the parts I wanted and sold it for 300.00.

25. Didn't that body get cloned and sold as a fiberglass replica?

26. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

No, But it did spawn some of the "look-a-like" cars done by coast to coast, and a couple other manufacturers.
    I believe it started as a glass convert, then posies molded the top out of foam, then glassed over it. I believe it the was build up pictures with the street rodder feature. Amazing that probably sold for close to 10x that when it was fresh. Alot of work ahead for whomever bought it. It would be interesting to know how it got to that point.
    40 years from now guy's will be looking at those pics like we look at pics of the Hirohata merc when it was wrecked!

27. Meyer

Meyer

I am the Controller for ADESA. Some of the cars go for crazy money, just have to find the right auction situation. There are a ton of good deals on old stuff in the auctions. The key is finding a mismatched buyer group

28. SWIGJ

SWIGJ
    from JASPER GA

They listed the value at 265,000.00 on the insurance website

29. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

my work (savage yard) have people all over the states @ auctions and they were telling us about the t bird

30. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

My dad has this awesome set of tools... I can fix it! Jeff Spicoli 1982