Register now to get rid of these ads!

chevy seat parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51chevcoupe, Aug 17, 2009.

1. 51chevcoupe

51chevcoupe

Does anyone know where I can find parts for the original split back bench seat for my 51 Chevy coupe? I need the metal piece for the back and outside edge of the drivers seat. Any info will be helpful including what other years of parts will fit. I'm pretty sure that 49-52 (maybe-54) will all have the same seats in them but I'm not 100%. Thanks in advance, guys (and ladies, too!)
    Ed

2. squirrel

squirrel

my 59 parts book lists 53-54 but not the earlier ones. probably 52 and earlier were a different part, and were discontinued by then.

swap meets, ebay, hamb classifieds, etc

I wonder if I have any from that 50????

3. silvertonguedevil

silvertonguedevil
    from Vale, OR

I'm also on the hunt for a seat for my '50 coupe. I've found that '53-'54 seats may fit but they are different. The '49-'52 seats come completely straight forward when they are folded. So you can fold both sides forward at the same time. The '53-'54 seats kinda pivot and fold towards the center. So only one side at a time can fold forward. Still trying to find out if there's any differences between hardtop/convertible seats and coupe/2dr sedan seats. Anyone know?

4. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I narrowed and channeled a 90 chevy truck bench. better than nothing!

5. 51chevcoupe

51chevcoupe

I've been looking for a couple of years now with no luck. I have the seat frame I guess I'll just build it up and have it upholstered w/o the back metal covers. For now I scored a power seat out of a '68 Cadillac Fleetwood.

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I just saw a set of those on ebay recently... they could still be listed. pretty sure they were 49 52 since that is what I search most. could be 53-54 which is different.

a lot of people part cars out and throw lots of good stuff away. do some ebay searches and email sellers who appear to be selling 49-52 parts. I've found odd parts that way many times

Still trying to find out if there's any differences between hardtop/convertible seats and coupe/2dr sedan seats. Anyone know?

all the 2 door front seats are the same, fastback rear seats are unique (the top for sure, bottoms may be the same). hardtop and vert seats are unique to that model both back and bottom. 4 door back seat bottoms won't work in a 2 door... not sure about the back part.

7. Man, I pitched out two of those front seats because they were ragged and one had mice living in it.