Register now to get rid of these ads!

Louver styles photo help?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rainman, Aug 17, 2009.

1. rainman

rainman

just looking for some photos of standard 3 and 4 inch louvers that are of the more vintage style with some more dome to them rather than the newer more flat ones that you see more often? Any help

2. Not being an ass so don't take it that way but here is a good starting place for ya.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/search.php?searchid=6888387

Now if someone here isn't afraid to brag maybe you could post a pic or two or the louvres on your ride.

3. I have to agree with you... don't like new louvers very much. This is my press, set up to do louvers the old fashion way.

With the hard times... I realize people dont wanna pay my 50 cents each, now only 5 cents each!

Attached Files:

4. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Love the shape of those. Kiwi-Kev also has one of the best shaped dies I've seen - pretty similar to that but maybe a bit smaller. I'd want my decklid done with either.

There is a guy here in KC who does a nice shape but it's different than either of those two. More of a dome shape across the opening. KCTA Chris had his decklid punched by this guy. (named Little Howard I think?)

5. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Here is a shot of the louvers done here in KC - not sure if he's still doing them though.

Attached Files:

• 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      File size:
      63.2 KB
      Views:
  6. Nimrod

Nimrod

Here's some soft shaped 3"ers I can punch.

[​IMG]

-Jeff