Register now to get rid of these ads!

Metalshaping at the EMMR this weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldgoaly, Aug 12, 2009.

1. oldgoaly

oldgoaly

Friday thru Sunday the metalshaping community has a free demo at the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing/Latimore Fairgrounds. You know it better as the home of the Jalopy Showdown. Now we invite you to join in and get a hands on learning experience, however you must sign a waiver to participate! We do ask you to make a donation to the museum.The museum is a great bunch people and needs everyone's support to grow.
    Can't make it well check out these websites and see if there is a gathering in your area. www.metalmeet.com www.metalshapers.org and the yahoo groups Metalshaping and Metalshapers.
    It's the 35th Annual convention of the WGOT Williams Grove Old Timers. For more information checkout www.emmr.org
    tt

2. Clark

Clark

I'll be there saturday....wish I could make friday too....
    Clark

3. oldgoaly

oldgoaly

It will be good to see you guys again! I'm gonna put you to work! We are going to be short a few regulars, 1 playing on the rockpile.... one had quadruple by-pass surgery on Monday, others doing some travling in other directions. See ya Saturday! tt

4. oldgoaly

oldgoaly

5. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

My dad and I went up .Actually learned something .Also made up one patch panel for a door.It is worth the trip .You will actually learn something. The guys up there are great to talk to and very knowledgable.

6. oldgoaly

oldgoaly

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  7. exline

exline
    from PA

today was good at emmr. this was my 3rd time there. and i always meet new people and learn something new.
    this time i worked on making a scoop for a carb. turned out it already had a name,surfer scoop. thanks for the help with figuring that out clark. and oldgoaly for motavating me to work on it. i was actually surprised it started looking as good as it did. good thing there were people there to help out with the shaping advice!

kenny

8. oldgoaly

oldgoaly

Kenny, good to see you again! Hey don't feel bad Clark has been to all of them and we finally saw him cut'n, shrinkn, and stretchin' something other than the truth!!! for once! <<<grin>>> Everybody makes mistakes, and you gotta try new ways to do new things. You did good, keep working on the scoop, it's only metal! Some guys really worry about making scrap, well those "fubars " can be cut up for mounting tabs, re-inforcement pcs for fender mounting, many of them are torn or enlongated. so your really not out much money. So keep on working on the scoop and post your progress! We want to see it next year! Take care! tt

9. Clark

Clark

TT...see no pics of me with my arms crossed this year! :)

Kenny...You had the top close...now start the bottom of the scoop. I'll see if I can find a picture of an original.
    Clark

10. oldgoaly

oldgoaly

While this weekend is still fresh in your minds, give me some feedback on what liked and what could be done better? With out new people joining in the fun it becomes stale more work than fun. Heck Clark was handing out nuggets of knowledge, and I grab some! Now why in the hell didn't I think of that???? Everone learns at these type of events! Take care! tt

11. Sauli

Sauli

I was there towards the end of the day, the only regret I have is I was busy all morning Saturday and I didn´t know about this whole event until in the afternoon that day, and couldn´t get there sooner. Still got to watch You guys work some and talk to people...Great bunch of people, several Hamb:ers too. "Racinman" and everyone else there that recognizes me, great talking to You guys, take it easy!
    Need to keep an eye on that website and try to make it to more of Your events. Like You said, the best part of this kind of meetings is the learning -aspect, as well as the social one.
    Thanks again,
    -Sauli

12. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

He was anxious to get home and started on his Citroen .A few weeks later My dad bought a shrinker stretcher,A brake,and a bead roller ,My dad already had a roller The one tip that J Clear gave him is all he needed ,I can't wait to see you guys again I would like to learn more . You don't need alot of money to get started in sheetmetal forming .Everybody should go to their seminar and get their Hands dirty.It's amazing How much a little bit of information can go a long way.

13. oldgoaly

oldgoaly

Guys, I hope you can make it to the next one which should be in October in Oblong, Il. about 700 miles from Latimore County Fairgrounds. Well worth the 100$ entry fee for a week of working with or watching some really good metalshapers do their thing! more info on it is here www.metalmeet.com Also we do one at the Jalopy Showdown in May. tt