Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help! wifes gonna kille me..How do you get overspray off a car!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dannyego, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Falcon

Falcon
    from nevada

Acetone should take it right off.

2. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Don't use easyoff that stuff takes paint off. Buffing takes a few cars to get the hang of.Detail shop .

3. Truckedup

Truckedup

Correct!! So have your face in another woman's carpet when you wife comes home,she'll never see the car paint,believe me!

4. Amen to that, get a clay bar and fix it. Then get some balls, we all make mistakes but you shouldn't be afraid of your wife, it's fixable. Then use your head next time you pick up a rattle can to do any painting.

5. L110Mike

L110Mike
    from North OC

haha, wow, powerful stuff, huh? i used it on my daily driver and it turned out just fine. but, alas, it sounds like the clay bar is probably his best bet.

6. dannyego

dannyego

Used a clay bar, came right off, waxed it, looks great. Thanks. Obviously none of you guys have met my wife. Hot as hell but has one hell of a temper. Ask the executioner on here. He will tell you:eek: I have seen her make grown men cry...no really.... Thanks for all the help!

7. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

clay bar for sure, , , your best/easiest option

8. hmm primer flame s and scallops on her car may get you the favors too...
    bet if you hung some nice new clothes for her on the side of the car ..

or wait til she's home and make a move on her ending up on the side -hood of her car she will need to help you wax abuff any stains left after the act there for having her help remove all evidence previous and current..

if her"new" car was properly waxed it should just wash off heck what were ya doing leaning stuff right against her car for the whole prime paint process .!???..

own up now and take it like the noodle ya are!

what was her car doin in the garage in the first place while you were paintin?....

you have other issues at the bottom of this ..

good luck hope you tell us what happens and provide any pics too

9. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Thats a shitty feeling. I did it to a customers truck a few months ago. I was painting my wire wheels with Bright red Dupont Imron.(industrial paint) I figured if i kept the pressure down i wouldnt get much overspray......

Nope, white 2010 Dodge cab/chassis, w/0miles, covered in tiny red dots..... two hours later, a tub of rubbing compound, and a really sore elbow and i had it all off. Then time to wax it....

another tragedy averted.

10. onemintcaddy

onemintcaddy

11. I would try WD40 first, it has allways worked for me. it might take a little rubbing

12. 29 rattrap

29 rattrap
    from New York

Some lacquer thinner on a rag should take it right off

13. SDFastOne

SDFastOne
    from Pierre,SD

14. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Lacquer thinner will work.The paint on the cars today are enamel.Use it lightly.Will not harm the finish.Just a coat of wax when you are done.

15. cavistyle

cavistyle
    from baltimore

if u like the paint on the car i would say a clay bar.. if not use goof off or torpintine

16. Swifster

Swifster

Having worked in a body shop, I'll swear by the clay bar. And don't forget to check the windows.

17. RodStRace

RodStRace

Guys, he fixed it on page 2!!!!

18. Frosty2

Frosty2
    from Hambone,IN

^^^^ No he didn't.Still has a wife he's scared of.Sounds like a great way to go through life to me.

19. LOL,,,sorry, but been there, done that, have the bruises to prove it.

I paid $50.00 to have some local day hire dude rub it out and wax it. He got it all off and wifes brand new Mustang looks great, But,,,,,,,,,she saw it before and went beserk on me. Came after my hot rod with a ball peen hammer. I had to trip and hog tie her. Not a pretty site.

20. TomWar

TomWar

Overspray is easy. whats tough is roundup on her favorite flower!!!

21. 2manyprojects

2manyprojects

Now that you got her car problem solved, you think its possible she let you hang out with the guys and have a cold one. We promise we wont lean on her car.LOL:rolleyes: