Register now to get rid of these ads!

flying eyeball reunion ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by burnnflamz, Jul 30, 2009.

1. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Greaserama and Symco are totally different kind of shows in my opinion - both have their own kind of appeal

I think there is much more of a party atmosphere at the Greaserama and the historic setting at Symco makes it seem like a really old show - even though this was the first one

2. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

I don't know anyone going to Greaserama right now, but then again it is not the night before the show yet. :) I would like to go to that show at least once while I am sort-of living in the area.

3. MeanYellowZ

MeanYellowZ

LOL...good stuff, but shit, now I have a vehicle with 20" wheels in the driveway so everyone's gonna be confused!..ha. I should make up a, "welcome Flying Eyeballers" sign and put out in the yard....Ill keep the, "show me yer tits" sign put away that I use when the motorcycle events are going on.

4. wild willey

wild willey

Hey "Burnin Flamz" must have been a act of congress and alot of "smooching" to get time off from work. (If you still work @ Hawkeye Int. that is.) Hey.....are The Thompsons and Tom Keesy still "tongue kissing" like always????? =)

5. MeanYellowZ

MeanYellowZ

looks like a garage - beer night tonight, if any eyeball guys come into town feel free to stop by and have a beer.....or ten. As mentioned before, couple blocks west of the fairgrounds, on Locust, 59 GMC and 454SS truck in the drive.

6. DWDarby

DWDarby

Just an FYI. Bizmon is no longer affiliated with Wizzard, and Yes, Greg Stokesberry (AKA Wizzard) is still firmly in charge of the show. I am going to bite my tongue on my own, and other people's business dealings with him, but I do wish Anthony & the Kingpins the best of luck. This area needs a show of of this type. I, however will not be there. That bridge is ashes.

7. Lil John

Lil John

Damn it here I sit at the airport in Milan waiting to get my load toCedar Rapids and then I'll be done for the weekend. Hope ya'll enjoy the beer night nd will be seeing ya at the show

8. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I am heading down there bright and early - gotta be back home by noon for the eldest child b day party

seeya down there

9. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

just got back - pretty good turn out - gonna try to get back down there after the PARRRRRty

lotsa 8 year old running around screamin - good times

10. PoPo

PoPo

i just finished mudding all of my drywall and called Slickster to say I was coming in. He told me it was over and everyone was going to the mall for the QC cruisers. ok so I missed another thing. Guess I'll go back to getting more things done on the honey do list for the new house.

Sorry I missed you guys.

11. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I will probably try to go up to the mall tonight after church

anyone from the eyeball go up there?

12. ...just got back home, lots of the Eyeball cars are going to Northpark cruz tonite.
    I'd of gone too but got a going away party to go to.

...I had a great time , hope this show finally takes off like it should; we'll try to get more club members down there next year. If you can get flyers to us, we'll spread the word up north.
    ...had a good time visiting with lots of friends.
    Todd,...thanks much for the Rust Revival poster, specially since I didn't make it down there this year, hopefully will next year.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  13. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

Just got home,,was well worth the 2 hour drive,,,seen some great friends and cool cars,,,and even won the piddler trophy,,,woohoo,,,I gotta get that leak fixed

14. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Yep two hour trip worth it for us too. Buddies and some cool cars to boot. Kind of raced Breeder on the mini bike too. Good day all and all.

15. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

I rolled in a little after 1 am. Me and Stick Shift went to the cruise at the mall.. dang what a turn out there. There were a number of cars at the mall that should have been at the eyeball. Still, I had a blast hanging with old friends and made some new ones. I left Mr. "Best of Show" near his house and made my last hour drive alone. The little Model A didn't skip a beat all the way there and back. Really looking forward to next time. Congrats to the Kingpins for injecting new life into the old show. I hope it takes off and gets promoted well next time. We will be happy to help up here on our end. I'll post pics and video (Breeder on a bicycle) as soon as I find my camera. Goodnight!

16. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

got home bout an hr ago!! DONT ASK!!!!! :) had a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

18. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

19. wild willey

wild willey

Hey I gotta tell ya.... You guys rule!!!! BREEDER, Turbo JEFF EVERONE!!!! Although I didn't get to chat very long witchaz I hope to again soon. Longer though!!! Hunnert car. All going?????

20. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

good meetin ya to man!

21. hey Wild Willey-GREAT to finally meet you awesome Sporty watch the Evel Kneivel action-hey how do you know abnout Tom Keesy-Thompson-did you too slave under her ? yes she is still smoochin up hahaha - Mean Yellow Z and PoPo wish we would have crossed paths - great turn out for this show Great Job KINGPINS - they promised to have event postings for next years show within a couple of weeks so WE all can plan for next years show possibly 3 day hope so hope so - great to see Jon Berry again possibly again Labor Day at the Antique Meet at the fairgrounds -Big Al loved the pic from Dan O'Leary-casnnot thank him enough on her befhalf-she is showin/tellin everyone about it and your business card panel jam was awesome Boneyard Brawlers were kickass-hope they will be around some more Joliet area is were they hang - take care - keep in touch guys !!!

22. dirttoo

dirttoo

I was at the Davenport flying eyeball show just after lunch and had a little fun. Does anyone know what band was playing then? I would like to see more of them.

23. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

3 piece band in dress cloths??? if so, it the ONE NIGHT STANDARDS...they have a myspace page....

24. dirttoo

dirttoo

I looked at the One Night Standards on you tube and thats not them. Same kind of music but these guys were more "hippie type", long hair and tie die from what I remember.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  25. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

26. dirttoo

dirttoo

Checked those out also. Still not the band I saw. I really was there.........I think.

27. PoPo

PoPo

Since our paths didnt cross I just pulled up in Burnin's driveway and scared the shit out of his wife, she was like "honey, the cops are here"

I just laughed and introduced myself. Burnin your one hell of a guy. I hope to have ya out to my place once I get everything put away. Nice meeting ya man.

28. hey PoPo thanks for the props-great to finally meet up-was a good time man hope to get out there when you're ready -the ol lady finally got her breath back-haha -would be cool if we all got together sometime.
    oh and that band that everyone was asking about is the Boneyard Brawlers from Chicago area - they were awesome and Big Al(my 7yr old niece)had a blast with them-they said they will be back next year fo sure

29. dirttoo

dirttoo

Boneyard Brawlers is still not the band I saw. I looked them up on youtube. I'm pretty sure the band did not even sing. Someone has to know who the were.

30. was it kinda surf / punk instrumental kinda music ?
    and hey what part of the Quads are you in ?