Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does your wife/girlfriend like the hotrod scene

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattedfordguy, Aug 14, 2009.

1. My wife likes my Model A hot rod, riding on the motorcycle, going to events, and especially giving the dogs a ride in her 1954 Ford F100.

Attached Files:

2. andyg

andyg

ex-wife no....girlfriend yes....wants to build my 32 pickup for her......she wants to build my 32 pickup for her.

3. Ha! Polishing your rod in public!

4. My wife is crazy about it. From cruises, to shows, working on it, doesn't matter. She told me that if I ever got rid of the car, I better not come home.

5. fish-vw

fish-vw
    from arizona

picture of wifes daily driver before being lowered

[​IMG]

she loves cruizing around with a cooler car than most the guys at a rockabilly event
    and next to my car
    [​IMG]

6. marks914

marks914
    Alliance Vendor

My whole family loves it, the only thing we HATE is the doo-wop music!

We all had our time, but please stop with the constant loud 50s music

Mark

7. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

My wife is the best! She loves to go to the shows. Here we are at Billetproof Florida 2009. That's Rumbler Dels roadster.
    [​IMG]

8. I am lucky boys and girls I married into a hotrod Family so she dont get mad if I left with a chev and come home with a ford its perfect.. All that matters to her is she gets shotgun.

9. Verminator

Verminator

YES !!!! Kim's my crew chief at the track, and right there under the cars at home. She loves digging through the old junkyards more than I do, and that's not easy. She's dragged hand trucks and wagon loads of tools and parts through some of the worst conditions in zero degree temps, so we could grab the last gems out of a yard that was closing ( Sturbridge, MA)...always up for an adventure -- 4000 miles in a week in a sight unseen 57 Ranchero - Duluth, MN to Daytona Turkey Run to New York. Never a complaint if we breakdown, and always up for the swapmeets!!!! Man, I am lucky FINALLY !!!

10. My experience with combining me/her/and the car hobby has not been overall good.
    Most women will appear, and make you think, that they like what you like. This can apply to ball games and sports stuff as well as the car life.
    I've had gals help me sandblast stuff, paint stuff, build motors, go to swap meets, drags and junk yards. I even have my own junkyard. Having women do that stuff with me was such a high, I thought it could not be better but....
    This works for a time and then their real self comes out and they want to 'change you' saying things like 'we can't do that anymore', etc.
    This 'change' in her attitude usually happens between 6 months and 2 years. I think it depends on just how deep you are into the hobby.
    For me it is a way of life, I am a total gear head. Most women just cannot understand they 'they' are not the focus in your life every minute of the day.
    it just hasn't worked out with me. Where I would prefer the good company of a nice gal, I'd rather be alone and happy than stuck with someone and 'limited' to say the least.

For you guys that have 'good ones', I can just say I am happy for you. I am convinced you are in a very small minority. I've known and know so many guys who are trapped once the ring was on their finger. They now feel guilty at times to be working on their stuff. That is not right. I know responsibilities change with family but, so many guys just do not 'wear the pants' any more and are henpecked to death.

Steve
    Hosting -

* Apache County Motorsports day Sat August 29 St Johns, Az www.apachecountymotorsportsday.org

* Maricopa Motorsports Day Sat Octorber 17, 2009 Maricopa, Az

* 12th annual Pontiac Heaven March 27, 2010 Phoenix Speedworld Dragstrip

* 8th annual Nostalgic Show and Go! Sunday March 28, 2010 Phoenix Speedworld Dragstrip www.nostalgicshowandgo.org

make plans to attend

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  11. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

My 1st wife wasn't into it at all, only went in my rod once in 20 years and hated it !!!

My present perfect women :D (she might see this) is really into the cars and the scene, she only had one stipulation that she had her own car, so i built her this and she loves it.

[​IMG]

12. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

My wife rules. She goes everywhere with me, has logged almost as many miles driving our old cars as I have and we are going to be building her 31 roadster to run at the salt next year. Yea, she likes cars.

13. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

I think my Fiance likes the car events, when she goes. I know it's not her favorite thing to do, but she does enjoy learning about old car's. She's a girly girl, but can spot: dropped axles, biasplies, flatheads, etc. Her only request is to someday have a car with paint on it:D I was quiet surprised the first car show we went to, she started pointing out cars she liked. Her favorites were: 32 roadster, 33 three window, and a 36 roadster. How could I be disapointed in that?:) I feel very lucky to have her.

P.S. That barn pic is the farm that my family homesteaded at after coming up the Oregon trail. It is still in our family.

Attached Files:

14. CRFyou

CRFyou

i have spent a lot of nights in the garage while my girlfriend sat at home alone. i have 3 bikes, and now that i bought a '50 ford, she is even less stoked.

she won't ride on my bikes, and i will have to jam her in the car. i think she sees all the toys as toys and not an engagement ring. so that may be why she's bitter. we've been together 4 years. and she drives an Audi. she doesn't get it.

but i'm not too worried about it.

15. dean37

dean37

My wife loves hotrods. It would be hard to be married to me if she didn't.

16. roughidle

roughidle
    BANNED
    from iowa

My wife doesn't mind it, its a family thing for us.

17. We started dating in my hot rod pickup back in the early 70's. Cars and trucks have been a part of "Our life from then till now". She loves "her" Vet.

18. Truckedup

Truckedup

My wife like hot rods but likes old truck even more.Her daily driver 7 months a year is a more or less stock 50 Chevy PU.Our grandson just turned 16 and got his learner's permit to drive.He tells his friend's how cool grandma is cause she drives an old truck with a stick shift and no power steering.:D

19. rustnpz

rustnpz

If she don't she fooled George Barris and Bo Huff,and needs to park my truck. McPhail did her ink so Yes.

Attached Files:

20. MrkCat37

MrkCat37

My wife's always been into cars. She happily supports my habit.

21. Kramer

Kramer

My wife is not into it, but she does go to shows with me and even bought the front axle and spring for the T.

22. shainerman

shainerman

My fiance actually loves it. Really likes big events more than locals, but she wants to go regardless. We just got a car for her and as soon as we dump an automatic in it, she'll be on her way.

23. Geophyguy

Geophyguy

My wife puts up with me and my toys but when I tell her I'm going to the shop for awhile I can see it in her eyes. Kind of like, well you go and we'll see who gets any tonight!

24. TrailorPark

TrailorPark
    from Wahiawa HI

my wife like the car as long as the three cars seats are in the back and I am not working on it or ordering new parts

25. Harris

Harris

My wife loves the larger shows (ROUNDUP) but not the smaller shows. She's more into the "scene/culture" than the hotrods themselves.

26. Lim34

Lim34

My Wife !!! loves the Hotrods and the only time i get drive her 37 is when i have to take for its yearly test, !!! and when it breaks down.

[​IMG]

27. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

One of a kind

We spent our honeymoon at the Hot Rod Drags, and we will be spending our first anniversary on the West coast doing car things together.

[​IMG]

28. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

My wife is into it. She gets into the bigger shows ( Spent half of our honeymoon at Hot August Nights back in 93) She's more into the building/driving than the show stuff. She's rebuilt a couple of carbs, done tune up's and has two project cars of her own...

29. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dude, you got to get it first, THEN go out to the shop.

30. TomWar

TomWar

My Wife likes the Parking lot shows if theres a Bealls Store in the Shopping center.