Register now to get rid of these ads!

!!! What's up with my wife ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Engine Pro 5X, Aug 13, 2009.

1. zimm

zimm
    from iowa

"I love it when guys peel out"

Attached Files:

2. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

My wife was a motorhead before I ever met her, and still is. The car she drives daily has a turbo on it because the regular fi just wasn't enough. One thing about her, it better be right, if she stomps on the gas, it better go. She really gets upset when the car doesn't run right. She has really grown to hate carbs, too many issues too often.

I tend to put up with things not quite right with my truck because I'm cheap, lazy, broke, and gennerally consider it to be a "work truck" rather then anything else. Long as it works, and gets me where I need to be, I can put up with the little crap. My wife hates driving my truck, all that little stuff drives her nuts. Funny thing, she would put up with stuff falling off as long as it ran good, but if it stumbles when leaving a stop sign, that HAS to be fixed instantly. Motorhead, pure and simple. Probably one of the reasons why we have been married over 33 years, 2 motorheads in love. Gene

3. ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Nerdbynight

Nerdbynight

We like our cars to go fast just as much as the guys do. My car is 50+ years older then my boyfriends car and it goes faster.

But...then again my boyfriend probably couldn't even change his own oil so...eh.

5. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

Gotta love women...

6. squirrel

squirrel

your wife sounds perfectly normal to me. i met mine at the dragstrip....

7. I like it when guys get in the truck/caddy and hold on for dear life. That puts a huge grin on this face!

8. flatblackindustries

flatblackindustries
    from Ogden, UT

Hell, my wife can barely navigate the kitchen..
    Wait...What was the question?

As said before women like speed just as much as men do. When the dragster comes to life my wife has already deemed herself the "driver"!

I don't stand a chance.

9. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Bruce, you are a good friend but I have a confession to make here. Yes, she is comparing your car to mine..................it's true. Take good care of her. She likes CHOCOLATE too. ;)

10. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

My wife will push me out of the driver seat to get in and run it. she scares me- but at the same time what she can do with a car really gets me motor running.

She is not the preverbial woman behind the wheel- she is a natural driver!

11. Rust Monkey

Rust Monkey

Common thread here, but my wife has no fear of going fast and is usually a better driver to boot. Someone said it earlier but the lack of preconcieved notions about what the car will or won't do gives them the ability to go cut loose. I'm always thinking about all the things that could brake at any moment and then if something does brake the fact that I'll be putting it back together.

A couple months ago we bought our first New car, the wife drove it home from the dealership. Not 10 minutes on the road heading north on I-95 in Carolina and she blows by me like I'm in reverse. The cell phone rings, it's her "The fuel shut off kicked in at 138, can we get that reprogramed?" No problem dear!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  12. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

I can say yes to this one- Dana drives much faster than I ever would and when her car is finally done (the 60 Olds) - should give the 56 Chevy (with almost 500hp) and run for its money- Maybe thats why I am takin' so long to build it....hmmm..
    She told me a few years ago she was interested in learning how to drive a funny car, SHIT.

13. One of the things that impressed me about my wife was when we were dating and she was driving her little Mazda with a 5 speed. A guy cut her off and before I knew what was happening she dropped it in into second and banged through 3 and 4th to get around him while holding a coffee and a cigarette and flipping the guy off and giving him that heart stopping stink eye that she is famous for. I couldn't stop smiling after that for hours.

I let her drive my Duster street strip car a couple of times. She was disappointed that it was an automatic, so I explained that I shifted it manually. I told her to shift at 6000, but she was having such a good time winding it up (up near 7000 at this point) I had to reach over and hit the shifter or pick up pieces of motor off the road. she didn't let off either until she ran out of road.

I think she would make a better drag racer than me, maybe we will find out some day.

14. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

She's trying to learn your ways and the subtle nuances of your ride....so she can use it as a getaway car. Bettah lock yo valuable shiz up!

15. Duece's wild

Duece's wild

Yes, women have a need to speed. My wife hauls ass to the Mall.

16. Kingcrow

Kingcrow

Found out years after I sold the Vette, my wife was taking it out and romping it, when I was at work...damn now I know why I always had to work on it...ether it was her hauling ass or just because it was a Vette

17. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

My wife hates my car and has only rode in it a few times, but she doesn't mind me working on it or building another hot rod. My daughter on the other hand always wants to ride in it and she gets pissed if I don't run it through the gears at least once every time she is in it.

18. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Sounds like someone needs a new boyfriend... :D

19. SB5332

SB5332
    from NEW YORK

Ever see the 64 falcon drag car on utube? I think it's called wife's ride in my drag car..............................

20. I had a '65 Belair when I was dating my wife, she could drive it easily. She was also able to handle large box trucks with 5-speed Clark gear boxes.

I taught her how to power shift the Muncie and every so often she'd take someone out of the hole at a light on Hempstead turnpike and whip them good. Beat by a girl!

I also had a '68 Mustang GT that she liked to drive. She hated the black primer and lack of looks, but the car was testosterone on wheels.

Bob

21. silverdome

silverdome

My Mom is a speed freek and she's 72. I remember going down 24 hiway east of K.C. in her '71 Polara when it was almost brand new and she had to see it go over 100 mph just so she'd be happy. Good thing she let off when she did as Johnny Law was waiting just up the road. She also loved the way her '74 Charger handled the curves at 90+ mph. So did I.

My wife on the other hand doesn't care to go too fast, but she has always been a bit timid about driving. Probably because her brother was fairly wreckless as was her parents. She does however want her car to run good and look nice and she likes customizing things.

My daughter loves to go fast like my Mom. She also has a taste for cars with fins and lots of chrome. My wife and I must have rubbed off on her a little.

22. My wife has been known to street race whatever she is driving against any punk in a tuner car at the drop of a hat. She would have gotten more into my english bikes and older stuff, but she would prefer they not break down and have to be pushed.... she's a picky princess.

Now its Ol Deuce's bride you have to watch out for, she required every project of "hers" to have a BBC, I once heard her say "everything else is just underpowered"!

23. TwoLaneBlacktop

TwoLaneBlacktop
    from Burien

Something about Harleys and Hot Rods.........they will even melt an Ice Queen !

24. #### Ha Ha Chocolate !! WRONG ANSWER !!! >>>>>

25. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

the title of this thread is a classic hook for one of those great biker wise A** replys i refuse to reply lmao , must bite tongue

26. Slide

Slide

One of our first trips back to NC after we moved to TX, we took my 52 Sedan. I let my wife drive for a bit while I nodded off. Somewhere on I-20 between Tuscaloosa and Birmingham, I was half-asleep and felt the car kick. She was picking a race with a yellow late-model Corvette. I just smiled and went back to sleep. :cool:

27. slepe67

slepe67

mine just gets jealous of my car and the attention it gets :)

28. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

Women who don't like fast cars always love the adrenaline rush it gives them when you get up over 80-90 mph.

29. i have found that my girlfriends/wife (girlfriends before i got married) (had to clear that up) liked it or they hated it
    my wife hates it bad
    my high school girlfiend need a drip pan under the seat after a high speed blast
    the latter was more fun
    tk

30. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

One of my Daughters used to run mid 11's @ about 116 in my 57 all the time
    and couldn't get enough passes..she was 18 then.