Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Cool little Modified at Loo'ville

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by McKee, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Erik B

Erik B

I really like that back of that body how it sweeps down to the sides. Also, the lakes exhaust has a block off plate so the headers also run down inside the hood to mufflers? Haven't seen that before. and the narrowed grille. I'm sure there's more. Nice work!

2. sota

sota

Thanks Drewfus,
    The interior in the Mutt Special is done in black canvas which just snaps in the car. So when the interior needs to be clean just un-snap it and throw it in the wash machine.The floor is rubber matting. I wanted to keep the race car look and didn't want to send it out to a shop and come back having a street rod look. Counting the seat I have less then a $100.00 in it.

3. littleratracing

littleratracing

One sweet little car :)

4. evilone0528

evilone0528

Looks great!Any chance on a few "in process" pics?

5. sota

sota

Thanks Erik,
    The exhaust has five tubes on the lakes pipe. Chris didn't want to run the exhaust down the outside of the car and back under the car to run exhaust so he ran the 5th tube back inside and then ran the exhaust back under the car to a muffler and out the back. This workout great and really throws some folks off wondering what engine is in the car. The grill is a model A narrowed 5 inches and shorten about 2 inches.

6. sota

sota

7. sota

sota

Chris and I didn't dream that anyone other then us would give a shit about the modifies so we really didn't take many build shots to speak of during the build. Besides were not the most computer smart people walking the face of the earth (we can't figure out yet how to post pictures on here other then to copy some that were posted on this site by someone else :confused: ). Thanks!!!

8. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

Im Stunned ! Best stuff Ive seen on here for ages. Both THEM modifieds are just the bizz !
    Two mates,Two Modifieds = Many miles & smiles
    Well done you two.
    Its stuff like this that inspired me and my boy to do some thing simular........

Attached Files:

9. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Ed...didn't get to stop and B.S. with you guys at the nats, just in passing. The cars are killer! I had heard rumors of all the neat stuff and hard work going into them both. You guys hit the nail on the head! Killer......

10. sota

sota

Thank you, You and your son have a great looking build going on. Enjoy the build with your son, the car is great but the time you two are spending togeather out ways the build any day.

11. sota

sota

Mat,
    Thanks!! We'll catch up to you soon I'm sure. By the way I havn't seen you since the big day....Congrats!!!!

12. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Fabulous proportions and beautiful finish, the kind of car that inspires builds. Well done.

13. Ask and ye shall recieve!

Attached Files:

• 203.JPG
      203.JPG
      File size:
      483 KB
      Views:
    • 204.JPG
      204.JPG
      File size:
      413.7 KB
      Views:
    • 206.jpg
      206.jpg
      File size:
      565.5 KB
      Views:
  14. Cracking idea on the snap in/snap out interior. I'm going to steal it from you and use Tenex fasteners for a vintage English sports car look. I'll look cool and save £100's on an upholsterer.

15. sota

sota

Steal away!! I saw this on another car myself (Dynamat roadster).

16. sota

sota

Robert, Thanks for posting the photo's.

17. Truly refreshing to see these cars finished off so nicely, fab32 and Rich Venza nailed............funny how the seasoned guys get it!?;)

18. sota

sota

McKee, Chris's body is all hand made. The only part of the body which is from a 27 Ford is the top of the cowl from the windshiels post up. The remainder of the car he fab. himself. The rear of the body is made from a 1956 ford hood which he found that with a liile work it followed the shape he was after. I wouldn't say that either car has been narrowed but both cars are longer then a stock body 27. The narrow grill of Chris's car maybe giving that look that the body has been narrowed as well as the track nose on mine.

19. sota

sota

Thanks, We tried to build the cars with the past in mine but as clean looking as those builders from the past would have done if they had the resorces we have today. Is seasoned one way of saying two old farts ( over a 115 years between us thats more then seasoned thats just plain OLD!!!:eek:).

20. Terrific interpretations~

21. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Trent, That "seasoned" comment sorta sounds like your bringing our grooming habits into question. I can't speak for Rich but I haven't varied my twice a month bath schedule in years. Maybe being 65 next month I should step it up to 3 times a month. Havin't noticed that there are any body parts rotting but I guess one can't be too careful.:eek::D

Frank

22. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Neat cars! Gonna save this thread so when you guys post some build photos I can steal some more ideas.

23. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

they are just perfect...makes me want one badly

24. sota

sota

Thank you, I wouldn't use the word perfect but they turn out with the look that we were after. Were both still working on them making small changes to things that you find after the first long drive and items we ran out of time to complete.
    They are a blast. If you want one go for it. The nice part is you can build one the way you see the past.

25. Naw, didn't know your age but I do know Frank and Rich are ancient;)

3 times, down right refined in your Golden years:p

Seriously, those little cars really get me. I was kinda over the modified thing but yours look right.

26. can you post some pics showing the engine/engine compartment?

27. could you post pics showing the engine/engine compartments on either/both cars?

28. sota

sota

[​IMG] 036.JPG

Chris here is the Mutt Special ENGINE. Click on the NO PHOTO and it will take you to the Street Rodder Top 100 engine shot.

29. sota

sota

Thanks Chris!