Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Symco shakedown car show pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carguy365-24-7, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I would think he would be easy to spot... he has a unique look about him. Kinda dopey yet friendly. And that cheezy mustache.... stumbling around drunk.

Same thing goes for Dennis Gage. If he was there I think there would have been more of a fuss about it. I think they are pulling your leg.

2. Hellfish

Hellfish

I doubt he would be anywhere without a film crew, so it was probably just a lookalike... or Fiddy was drunk and hallucinating again. I met him at the Pileup the night before the show. He looks different without his moustache waxed up, but still recognizable. And yes, he was very nice.

3. Gerg said he parked him and Fiddy said he saw him walking towards the main gate. Both of those guys have seen him in person before. I think Travis said there was someone with him that had a camera. From when I saw him at the Pileup, he didn't have a big film crew, nor huge cameras. If there was a look a like I would think someone would have seen him as well. I was running around like crazy all weekend and still missed a lot of people that were there, it is very possible that he was there and we all missed him.

4. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Smartass! :). Good to see ur alive mikey! I'll drunk dial ya sometime soon! ;)

5. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

Great pictures Guys thanks

6. Gambler72

Gambler72

AMAZING SHOW folks.... thats my blog there at the top... only after I left did I find out it was the "First Annual" I cant wait to be at the second, third, 55th... Let me know how I can volunteer next year... Oshkosh to Symco is not a bad drive

7. Thanks for coming.

Have we met? My shop is in Oshkosh. I thought I knew everyone down there on the hamb!

I have started a volunteer database for next year. If anyone wants to be on the volunteer list for next year, please send me:

full name
    nickname
    full address
    phone number
    email address

8. Rob Paul

Rob Paul

Id like to be on the top of the volunteer list to dry of the chicks as they get out of the dunk tank.

Thank you,

Rob

9. Rob, we need someone on the top of the volunteer list to sober you up! All Sara could talk about on Sat was how drunk you and Kyle were on Friday night.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2kCwKYywQxc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2kCwKYywQxc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  10. I found more good stuff!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l51sqLTmdlw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l51sqLTmdlw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

11. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

\

he's got skills man... MAD skills... only dude i EVER seen pass out standing UP :D

12. Gerg

Gerg

yah Rob has mad skills when it comes to drinking and to think i am just proud that for 3 days straight i didn't have a hangover

13. I can't stop talking about the shakedown. I tell everyone I know and no one knew about it. Man did they all miss an awesome show. I think it was the best show I was ever involved with. I had a blast. Barry that had the fed there called a bunch of times already and he said he had no idea about the hamb or how much fun hot rodding was. He said he wants a nostalgic racer as well. I can't wait to do it again. Cliffy, I will help all I can.
    Viva La Shakedown!!!

14. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

Looked like a good time, definitely going next year

15. 62Furious

62Furious

:cool:where else would find an other 40 oldsmobile than in some rockin little town in upper Wisconsin

Attached Files:

16. Rob Paul

Rob Paul

How bout that vaseline 6 bro............

17. What does everyone think about Aug 13-14 for next year??? Anyone see any conflicts? Other than Sturgis.

18. Sounds OK to me!:D

Max

19. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

imma be there any way you slice it

and yes the Vasiline 6... thats actually an impressive paint job... not bad for shooting it in a parking lot :D

20. Hey Cliffy, I was just told there is something big brewing for next year. Care to talk?

We did a photo shoot of the Fiat Wednesday, John Gunnell came up and did it. He is hoping to sell a 6 page spread on the car. I sure hope so, that would be awwweeeesoooommmmme!!!!!!!!!

21. Did John Gunnell mention anything about a writeup for Old Skool Rodz on the Shakedown? I heard buzz he is going to do it.

Naw, I'll let ya sweat it out. Let's just say it will be a first at any car show.

22. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

i'm gonna get you drunk in joplin and make sure you tell me ALL about it

23. Just looking at my camera and found some pix...

This little mod caught my eye... (my dad's too from the look of it)
    [​IMG]

Someone caught me makin' time with the lovely and talented Meaghan Owens who played at the Unionville Saloon (man, she was great)...
    That's her on the right... on the left is the lovely and talented me. She was kind enough to ask me up to play a few.
    CLIFFY - You gotta make sure she gets asked back next year.
    [​IMG]

I think Cole is in this paddy wagon... practicing for his new life as a career criminal.
    [​IMG]

Sorry... that's all I got before it got drunk out.

JOE:cool:

24. Pickled_asparagus

Pickled_asparagus

Ya, awesome time....your old T-bucket was one of only 2 cars in our group that made it all the way there and back without any problems!

25. I just talked to him and he said it was done and submitted. Not sure if and when yet. He said the Fiat was in it, but not sure what they will use in the actual magazine.

26. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

if they dont, its their loss bro

27. I don't doubt it, I had only about 200 hours into the motor and working the bugs out of the tri-carbs. I miss that car, she was fun as hell....and fast!!! Great to see it out on the road!! I have a great vid of it doing a burnout coming into town.

28. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

you just had to rub that in didnt you? asshole!:D

29. Pickled_asparagus

Pickled_asparagus

I seriously forgot that you tried to bring a car! At least it broke a block away from your house.

30. <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gGiofN10CDw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gGiofN10CDw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>