Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pocono drag lodge reunion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gaspumpchas, Feb 17, 2009.

1. wally bell

wally bell
    from VA.

I'll buy 6 or 8...

Looking forward to this Jack....

2. One week left!! Bumping this to get the word out!

3. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

I was there this morning. The place is shaping up nicely. They are doing a great job.

4. triplexkustoms

triplexkustoms

anyone want to meet for breakfast and caravan out together?

5. gaspumpchas

gaspumpchas

Hi everyone- we are lookin' good for the reunion saturday!! Dar and I put some finishing touches on the grounds with help from our PDL alumni!! Mowed parking lots, and Gary and Barry Williams are letting us use 4 acres across the street for parking; Dar Mowed that also. Track being swept this week with a bobcat mounted broom. I'll be there friday doing some last minute work and setting up. I'm telling everyone the event starts 9 am, but I'll be there at daybreak and get there as early as possible to get a good parking place on the strip (actually there's no bad parking spaces on the strip!!). I also decided to donate 2 of the PDL trophies that Butch Lispi gave me. And I get to decide who gets them!! also have a goodguys trophy, and some goodguys hats. Praying for good weather. if I do run out of tee shirts, what I'll do is take the order at the track and send the shirts thru the mail, as I'm tapped out money wise!!! Will also have jack thomas's stickers for sale and a limited edition Mr. Buttons shirts, only have a few of those. Cleared the road back to the scales but that will for pedestrian traffic as will be the return road due to condition......will have a tee shirt guy who can take a pic and crank out a tee in minutes!!!! Joe amato coming with his first race car, and will sign autographs......Refreshments and food will be available at the ORIGINAL SNACK BAR!!!! BE THERE!!!:cool:

Charlie Hulsizer
    845-635-3662 evenings
    email- [email protected]

6. Don't forget HAMB meet-n-greet at 2 PM at the end of the track behind starting line near DJ. I'll be bringing PDL/Lyndwood truck that's on my profile.

7. For some crazy reason, Jack thought I should have a pair of the Reunion stickers. He must have read somewhere how the Carroll-Zipp Fiat Comp Coupe featured on the sticker, influenced me since I first saw it at Island and Atco in 1961.

Thanks to Jack and all who have worked so hard to bring the 2009 Reunion together.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  8. gaspumpchas

gaspumpchas

By the way, Mazdaslam brought his extremely cool chopped and channeled 50 (?? im guessing) merc by saturday while I was working, this car is drop dead on the money and very well done!!! He's bringing it saturday!!!
    Kinda epitomizes 50's hotrodding it's so well executed, right down to the 50's cali license plate, will try to get a pic of it on, can u post, mazdaslam???

thanks

Charlie:D

9. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Im glad you like it so much.She still needs alot of work yet.

Attached Files:

10. Gaspumpchas and the onsite crew did the "heavy lifting" on this project.

11. John T. "Jack" Jeffery

John T. "Jack" Jeffery

For those using a GPS to locate the track, I was up there tonight and my
    Garmin has the entrance gate at:

N 41 deg. 11' 23.1"
    W 075 deg. 43' 05.9"

This converts to decimals as:

The nearest address listed as 633 Meadow Run Road.
    This information may differ slightly from that posted by others elsewhere, but I trust my Garmin!
    See you there!
    :)

12. wally bell

wally bell
    from VA.

cool.......................

13. sdfs10

sdfs10

This is going to be a fun day!! I can't wait!!!! See you all there!!!

14. You won't need a Garmin just head south on 115 from PA TPK or I-81 and follow the crowd.

15. wally bell

wally bell
    from VA.

yup.................

16. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Thanks for the GPS !...Our Dover Drag Strip "REP" "TomatoHead" .... 'Beaming in Scotty' and bringing His Ford Parts.

17. Juniorstocker

Juniorstocker

To anyone familiar with the terrain on 115....If I'm heading 115 North from 80w, will I have trouble towing the trailer? Info I got says there may be too many hills to climb while towing. Thanks

18. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

You should be fine.....unless you are towing with a Yugo:rolleyes:.

19. Just got word from Jim Amos of Bee On Video that he'll be releasing a new one at the track saturday. In addition to Pocono footage and racer interviews he's included footage from other area tracks like Island and Wind Gap, and some really RARE footage from Pocono International Raceway drag races. Most don't know that it was designed with that long front straight to hold drag races. You can see in the footage that the rest of the track had yet to be paved.

20. wally bell

wally bell
    from VA.

nice sampler on youtube.......

21. I won't be there Sat. , I was getting the 37 ready for the trip up there and took it out for a road test and knocked out second gear. So I gotta pull trans. out from the inside of cp. that means pulling out seats, floorboards it ain't no quick job. While its out gonna replace clutch disc. I have to get it ready for The Wheels of Time Jamboree on the 28 th. of this month, while working on my customers cars at the same time, I'm getting to old for this!

22. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

WOW, thanks hope to get there. NUTS. Slim

23. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

24. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Great vintage films, really love that old film look, nice and raw. Thanks HAMB. Slim

25. seatbeltz

seatbeltz

is the event still on for this saturday 8 15 ??????????

26. wally bell

wally bell
    from VA.

yes.................

27. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

the weather looks GOOD, hope to see you all there, thanks. Slim

28. wally bell

wally bell
    from VA.

See you there guys !

29. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

See you all in the morning.

30. Off to the Lodge! Pics when I get back! Wally, I was just watching a video this morning of your red 57 Chevy running there!