Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage iowa get together !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtbag13, Aug 4, 2009.

1. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

hey all earlier this year i started a thread asking how many iowa hambers were on here ! well anyways there was such a response i posted up a sugestion about having a little get together at my shop ! kinda forgot about it till about a week ago when i recieved a p.m inquiring about it ! so the question is would there be any hambers interested in coming up for a little get together ? my shop is located about 12 miles north of marshalltown which would be prety centrally located and i know theres several of you in within a 60 mile radius ! i already know 36 cab and a buddy said they would be interested and popo would be around the ames area next month so i would probably plan it for sept 19th so it could work out for him ! if there is enough interest i will go ahead and try to plan it out , food , drinks , and adult beverage ! my shop is located on my parents farm and is large enough to host the party in , it is about 1/8 mile off of the blacktop on gravel though so may want to leave the trailer queens at home (lol) but seriously if your woried about it bring the daily ! so anyways let me know what you think guys , would probably be in the evening ! but i will plan it out better as things progress ! thanks brock !

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  2. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

I got a wedding the 19th and a Seattle trip the weekend after.
    Sorry I probly won't make it. But if I did this is what I would be driving.

Anyone else going ????

Attached Files:

3. alchemy

alchemy

Where's Marshalltown? :)

4. I am interested in this deal, would be some good miles to put on the ride. My lazy ass never changed my gear ratio yet so the old 390 will be tired by the time I make it that far but thats cool with me.

Brad

5. GTS225

GTS225

Yeah.....I think I could tag along behind CountrySedan in my daily.
    The T ain't nowhere near ready to put on rubber, yet, so....

And I don't drink, (other than Diet Pepsi and Gatorade), so you don't need to round up any of that micro-brew yuppie swill.

Hmmmmm, maybe I could bring a pic or two of a car I'm lookin' for.

Roger

6. Dude, I dont think you want to follow to close to me, the 390 is a little tired and smokes a little, and you have a T, that seems to be my new favorite idea. Maybe we should chat? Dont want a giant Jeep do ya? Ha

Brad

7. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

it's just south of mexico 2 miles !:D

8. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

I can't be sure but I would try to make it.

Gary

9. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Hell I can't make it to stuff in Des Moines but certainly applaud your effort!

10. GTS225

GTS225

Ummm....Thanks, but I got a couple I.H. Scouts I need to unload. I wouldn't be behind you in the T, but in my daily driver pickup. The T isn't ready for much of anything but jackstands.

Roger

11. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Matt drove his 32 to the Nats in Louisville. I have a big project going at work and could not get the time off to go with him. I'll check with him when he gets back and let you know for sure but I think we are still in.

12. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

aww come on it would only be about a 60 mile drive for ya !:D

13. Hal_396

Hal_396

I'm in if it's on a Sunday. I usualy work Saturdays. Missed you at the Vinton cruise but I was able to meet Brad.

14. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

back up for the sunday crowd !

15. PoPo

PoPo

I'll be there, but not till after 4 pm on Saturday. I can stay most of the night though. I dont have to report back to drill till 7 AM on sunday.

Even if its not a big get together I'm still down.

16. southsider

southsider
    from Pella, IA

Let me know once you get the date finalized. A couple of us from Pella will try to make it up. Thanks for the offer!

17. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm in. Sunday also works for me if that works better.
    Matt will need to check his schedule when it gets closer to see if he has any conflicts. He drives a blown alky funny car and I know he has some match races scheduled for later this year.

18. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

looks like there's enough interest so i will try to plan it out and let you all know ! probably for sept 19th as stated above unless sun would work better ! let me know what time sat evening would work or if sun would be better !

19. PoPo

PoPo

Still voting for Sat evening as Sunday I have to drive back home to the border.

20. Sunday is definitely better for me. I think I can probably make it!

21. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

well guys looks like it's a go ! gonna shoot for sat afternoon - evening the 19th of sept ! thinking of kicking it off around 5:00 any thoughts ? everyone is welcome , think i'm gonna cook up some pork loins and will have some other stuff also ! gonna invite some of my local rodder buddies too ! please post on here if you think you will be attending everyone is welcome as long as you want to stay but want an idea of what time to start it so some of you outa towners can make it home before dark if your woried about it ! thanks everyone and can't wait to meet some of you ! most of my friends will be driving their rides so feel free to bring yours and we'll have a little mini show and get some photos !

22. PoPo

PoPo

I'll be there in my daily. I will show up around 5 give or take a few. Really looking forward to this as I have pretty much missed everything else besides the Rust Revival and I only met a few people there.

23. Im hoping to make in down in the wag, maybe some of the guys from up this way want to travel down as a group? I dont want to push to hard though, so you speed demons will have to give me a head start!

Brad

24. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

id like ta come up seeins how we only had the one meet n greet so far, but thats harvest time for me, so i doubt i can make it..!

25. PoPo

PoPo

Breeder we pretty much just count you out for the next few months and with good reason!! Make that $$ man. Gotta save some for the RR 2010.

I want another tenderloin from Reeds!

26. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll be there. Not sure who I will be with or what we will be drving.

27. slimcat7m3

slimcat7m3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would love to come down. I have a 3 month old and my own shop, so I doubt I will be able to make it. I sure would like to, maybe see you guys at the hunnert.

28. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

sounds like a plan to me...

29. Dirt - I *might* be able to make it...don't put on any food for me since I can't commit to it (my girlfriend says I have commitment issues).

How about an address or better directions? all I've got to go on is "12 miles north of Marshalltown", unless I missed it.

30. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

ok heres the adress ! 1155 prarie avenue , marshalltown ! its at my folks farm and like stated before it is about 1/8th mile off the blacktop so if youare super fussy about your car may want to drive the daily ! will try to get some directions up coming from the different areas for those of you who don't have gps !