Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's the coolest thing you found in an old car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kentucky, Aug 20, 2004.

1. A thomas bambo fly rod in mint condition.

2. paddo

paddo

i found and old 308 bullet in the heater element in a ute i was working on, god knows how it got in there. glad i found it before one day turning the heater on and warming up that old unstable gunpowder haha.

3. Kreal

Kreal

I found this broken (signal mirror?), along with several other artifacts, currenty, trinkets and gold inside of my 1937 Mercedes-Benz Nazi Officer's staff car. I only took this photograph just now as this is the only piece I have accessable to me at this time. I hope it is OK to post this photo. I have found many other things in other cars, but I feel the items I found in this car were more significant.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can find the details I posted on page four of this thread just now
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219&page=4

4. 49coupe

49coupe

My '49 Ford had the original delivery slip, owner's manual and some service records for the early '60s in the glove box. Squirrels loved that car. It had piles of walnut shells everwhere.

In an OT used car, I found one high heel womens shoe and a pair of panties under the seat. She must have gotten out of there quick to leave those behind.....

5. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Can't top that response, I'll add, "You look in the mirror to define cool."

6. Abomination

Abomination

+2 :cool:

~Jason

7. MBog

MBog

A 1906 Wilkinson Sword bayonet with 5 notches in the handle, in its sheath. I use it for cutting kindling and black berry bushes.

8. TOM KITCHEN

TOM KITCHEN

This thread is way neat! Just think of all the stuff that went on in the back seats at "The Finger-Bowls" and all that was lost there in addition to virginity. Hell, a lot of us probably started life there! Need a thread on Funny Drive-In movie stories!

9. Mr. Weld

Mr. Weld

I bought a 59 ElCamino down in Ga. and the rocker panel was packed full of wheat pennies and quarters from the 60's.. Go figure on that one.. Still have them ina box in my shop for "story time"

10. 73super

73super

Bought a '58 Impala and found a complete dual carb intake and carbs for the 348 that was in it. Man I miss that car!

11. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

A few years ago I went to go look at a '63 Ford F100 that my uncle had at his place. It had the old granny 4-speed and it had an OLD hurst T-handle. I looked at it and noticed that the handle had a little set screw in the side. Fast forward to two years later and I'm looking at old Boss 429 Mustang parts and realized that that shifter handle was standard equipment on '69 and '70 Boss 429 cars. He junked the truck... and the shifter handle.:eek: Somewhere an old Boss car's missin' it's shifter handle.

12. Lightning

Lightning
    from N. Nevada

Years ago, I went with a friend to buy a '67 Ford 2yrd. dump truck.When we got there with the trailer,the dump bed still had a bunch of junk in it which the guy was supposed to unload before we got there - well, he said that he would take $100 off of the cost of the truck if we took it loaded - Ah, what the hell, most of it looked like scrap metal so we thought we might get some $$$ for scrap - got it back to his house and decided to scrounge through the dump first and unload it - found two Harley engines that were all taken apart[but mostly there] one Harley trans and a old bent frame and front end. all parts were savable and the engine cases were legal -Not a bad day !!

13. SteadyT

SteadyT

A super old can of budweiser (never opened) that was mega rusty in the glove box of a 36 Chevy

14. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Its funny i found this thred, I just found a math book with homework dated 1978... I wonder what that kid told the teacher ""my truck ate my homework""

15. 1Cool30

1Cool30
    from USA

Never found anything worth keeping. Lost my virginity in one.

16. OLDSKEWL61

OLDSKEWL61

found tons of stuff over the years. the coolest was in the ashtry of my dads yanko(that he bought new and now belongs tomy 3yr old son) i found my moms phone number from the day they meet. he only raced that car and put it "away" a liilte while after they meet when he got a fuel car. framed it with there wedding photo put it in my living room on the wall. wish he was still around to ask him about it!

17. Found the build sheet under the rubber "carpet" for a '70 Nova I bought off the original old lady. Her grandson borrowed it once and stoved it into a curb pushing the rad back into the fan. $400 later and it was my first car. Out came the 250 6cyl and in went a 300hp 327...and I've been in trouble ever since.

18. One Way

One Way

Tearin out old bodywork on 60 Impala rocker panel,Still wrapped in tin foil old petrified bolony samich. Wasnt hungry so I didn't eat it,but I did smell it ,Didn't smell like nothin, More to come

19. Pins&Needles

Pins&Needles
    from Santa Cruz

I used to work at an upholstery shop... and after all the work was done we would vaccume all the interiors and place all the "loose" items in a bag that had the uphostery shops name on it. One day a really hot middle aged woman dropped off a new porshe so that we could fix a rip in the seat. I took the seat out and underneath I found a huge vibrator and a thong! of course I went ahead and placed the items in the a bag on the front seat.... not before attaching a tag that said NICE! with my phone number on it. When she picked up the car I gave her the keys and said with a grin and a wink she's all patched up and ready for round two, good luck! She gave me a wierd look and left in her car.... she never called:(.

20. Rot'nRodder

Rot'nRodder

I found a Reverend Horton Heat Tape, and a bunch of old license plates from various states under the seat in my shoebox after I bought it. The package tray was also made out of part of the back side of a really nicely hand lettered old sign for a Tattoo shop on Ohio.

21. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Had a 71 Roadrunner with the WORKS ,,really odd broadcast sheet,,but not everything jived,,then when pulling up the carpet ,,found a second broadcast sheet and extra set of keys. bot sheets were for the same car and all the options from both sheets were on teh car

22. luis.garza

luis.garza

An uncle of mine found at least $50 in quarters (50's - 60's all silver)... from a 60's Lincoln Town Car at his dad's salvage yard. Bad thing was that a maid found them and used them all at the laundromat :eek:

23. LOWFOMOCO

LOWFOMOCO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A big ol skin from Jake da Snake.....in[​IMG] the trunk of a cheby

24. Found about 1/4 the parts to put together another model A stuffed in my model A when I bought it. The previous owner had restored a 1928 coupe so I ended up with the left overs plus about 95% of the parts for my 1930 coupe. Did not find any coinage though. Found alot of period correct items from the 1930s-1960s inside also though.-Weeks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. motorhead711

motorhead711

...3 pull tab buckhorn beers still attached to the plastic rings and unopened!!

26. motorhead711

motorhead711

Damn that was a big ol snake!!

27. Mac_55

Mac_55

Was selling a truck for an elderly neighbor friend of mine . IT was a 79 ford f350 with a slide in camper . Him and his wife drove it everywhere. When cleaning it out i found 200 cash in an envelope under the floor mats and gave it back to him . On the day the buyer was coming to get it from michigan , the neighbor showed up , told me to go into the camper , while he was standing at the back door he had me remove the acces panel to the heater area , reached way way way in the back and came out with a solid brick of cash , over 8 grand . Ole boy just laughed and said he had almost forgot about it ha ha ha .

Ok , i gotta post this one just for the pure cool of it . A buddy of mine bought this old farm house. He was drywalling the whole place and tearing out all the plaster and lathe. When he got to the living room wall and ripped out the plaster , there sitting on a 2x4 running cross ways was 2 un opened budweisers and 2 big fat hog legs " Joints" and a note that simply read " if youve made it this far , your gonna need these" ha ha ha

28. In my 1940 Pontiac 2 door, a rolled up "Japs Bomb Pearl Harbor!" newspaper under the front seat. Under the back seat, a Thompson M1A1 and 2 loaded 30 round magazines...in perfect condition...

29. Willy59

Willy59

This is one of the coolest threads on the HAMB, love the stories!

30. selohssa

selohssa

I found 6 un opened bottles of beer in the quarter of my 56 Parklane wagon. I found a snap on body hammer and dolley in the quarter of a 68 impala and found $3600 in $100 bills under the trunk mat of a wrecked late model Mercedes.