Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Justice Legue of Car Clubs show at Great Lakes Dragway!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wingnutz, Aug 10, 2009.

1. This is a "GREAT SHOW" with a "GREAT CAUSE"...!

This Saturday...!

I went to this show last year and thought that this is a good way to enjoy my hobby and help someone in need!

Radio Hosts... Cap'n Bob and Arlo from Wisconsin Hot Rod Radio are gathering up all the local car clubs throughout Wisconsin and Illinois for this epic event at Historic Great Lakes Dragway for Racing... Swaps... Silent Auctions and Raffles to benefit one of our own.

Hope to see as many car clubs down there as possible.

Check out the flyer for more info!!!

http://www.wisconsinhotrodradio.com/index.html

Thanks!!!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  2. Cap't Bob and Arlo were at the Shakedown and they helped us out A TON!!! They are GREAT guys and this show I know will be the best! Hope to make it.

3. Last year some of the cars that were in the show that passed minimal safety inspection were allowed to make a pass down the track... but if you plan on racing your car for the whole day... your car as well as the Drivers personal protective equipment has to pass the NHRA safety inspection.

4. Hellfish

Hellfish

Yeah, this is a great idea. I just found out about it at the Symco from Bob.

5. Also, at this event, we will be giving special recognition to Lynn and Marge Bennett. They were part of the major driving force that, took the idea of a drag strip and turned it into Great Lakes Dragaway. Lynn should be there. Marge's health problems prevent her from being there.

The attached articles are from Mr. Bennett's personal memorabilia and photo collection. Talk about historical significance, I have been looking thru the collection for hours.

Some of the old car club members, from the 50's, will be there.

One club had a club project Model A truck, chopped, channeled, shortened etc., that they drag raced and showed. A coupla months ago, we got them together, for the first time in 30 years. They found out that, one of the old members still had the old truck and they are trying to get it together for this weekend.

Come on out and meet some old hot rod geezers. Old photos, stories, lies, tire kicking.

Attached Files:

6. 7"Chop

7"Chop
    from Denver

7. Some how on the flyer they missed my car club.....might just have to head down and 'represent'

8. Yeah, I can just see that flyer at the Benson Corners gas station... "Sock WHAT?!" :D

9. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

should be a bitchin time

10. sniff sniff......no one loves a sock fucker!

11. Although I do have to ask did someone really say that?

12. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

jeffery you know that is not true.

Some of our club members will be there, some have too work, civil servants, news station engineers & hamburger lords do not get saturdays off, but know that they are there in spirit little HAMBERS.

Love Cheatercarl