Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lowriders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Aug 3, 2009.

1. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Thats what i was askin for. The stang w/ the rumble seat, im pretty sure its the same one, i pretty much doubt some other madman could have made a second 69 that way....a link please!!! or you mean in the mag? I'll check the site myself but please post pics if you have em, the only one ive seen is the one of the Kid Deuce album on Grouchos link.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Not only i do i love your ride but the tail light treatment is off the hook!! How did you do it?

3. :confused: what world are you from EL PASO. los angeles is the mecca of lowriders! birth place of the DUKES, IMPERIALS the first low rider clubs

if your talking about pachuco's then we could give EL CHUCO (EL PASO) credit!

4. CGkidd

CGkidd

Love the low riders. My 59 isn't low enough, hell I only drag over 1/3 of the speed bumbs now.

5. PurpleReignInBlood

PurpleReignInBlood

by the way Javs latest

Attached Files:

6. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

It's in the mag... I don't think there are to many '69 'Stangs with rumble seats....or hydraulics...

7. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

8. Man i miss being around the lowriders, my uncle pretty much got me into old cars with lowriders and the shows especially lowrider super show.

9. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

Man, a 60 Pontiac... that car is somethin...

10. Big Khaunaa

Big Khaunaa

we just went to carity car wash put on by a lowrider friend of mine what great bunch of dudes

i have been looking for a 79 tbird to bulid into a lowrider

has anyone seen boulevard nights great cars in that flick

11. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

This post totally rules. The cars in that link are awesome.

12. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

One of my "back in the day" rides

Attached Files:

13. Cabron

Cabron
    from California

Here's mine...got to love it low!

14. Cabron

Cabron
    from California

Lets see if I can get it right this time

Attached Files:

15. mcisneros

mcisneros

METAL FLAKE+ CANDYS AND PEARLS+MILES OF PINSTRIPING AND GOLD LEAFING= LOWRIDERS... whats not to love?? who cares what they roll on.. theyre works of art and the owners are the most down to earth car guys and most hospitable more than any other scene.. nuff said

16. James Maxwell

James Maxwell
    from So-Cal

Lowriderfest in SD was fantastic! Gotta luv the lowriders.

17. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

It's crazy how similar traditional customs and lowriders are so similar. It almost looks like they should cruise together. It's crazy how much they've split over the years.

Awesome album, btw. I love that Olds.

18. It was the Lowriders that kept me from going insane during the Musclecar Years....I was hungry for Customs and the Early generation Lowriders made life good for about 20 years Traditional builders flew the coupe...I'm grateful for them, until they all turned into the dreaded Rediculous "70s-80's Diamond Tufted Mirrored Showcars....Centurion9

19. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

How about more links to vintage lowrider pics? Im sure that Kid Deuce isnt the only one who still got any.

20. DAMN... Sunday nights on Whittier Bl. I must have rolled 100,000 miles on that street in the 70's.. many a 5.20 met its demise at the hands of this white boy

21. Rikster

Rikster

A few years ago I bought a good number of black and white photos of some Californian Low Rider show on ebay...

I have shown them here in a different post before...

Click the photo to see the album...

[​IMG]

22. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

I'm glad I found this thread,because this is just the direction I want my '63 Caddy to go in

23. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Thanx Rik,i'll check it asap as now i must fly from where i am.Its a while i dont visit your page, are there any og lows too?

24. I love this thread. I have been wanting to build a low rider recently. Just don't have access to the supplies. I love the cars guys they look great.

25. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

spoken like a tru Texan.....but I beg to differ.....Califas is the Birth place of the Lowrider......so it was spoken so it will be!

26. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

This thread just got a whole lot better, I didn't think that was possible! Thanks Rikster for the photos, somehow I've missed those on your site!

27. Being a teenager during the 1960's in Bakersfield, Fontana and Pismo Beach, CA, I saw lots of lowriders running around. I was into muscle cars, so never looked at them close or cared to. Besides that, muscle/drag car guys and lowrider guys were kinda' on opposite sides of the social fence.

Probably 30 years ago, I ran across a cruise-in / car show in Santa Maria, CA while cruising up the 101. I think it was an annual event. This was my first up-close lowrider experience. The quality of those cars was unreal. HOLY CRAP... Bombs galore! and Tri-Tip sandwiches. I'd been missing out.

Oh, and I don't care what kind of wheels are on 'em, I'll look.

Now, about the "Paso vs Calif" debate..
    I'd like more evidence from both sides before judgement.

28. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

I love it i finally see some lowriders i remember being younger and being in the store at the mag rack lookin at hotrod mags and LOWRIDER and tellin my mom and dad i wanted one and them telling me they were stupid....But i loved em then and still do where do you see even in tradtional rod mags a perfect panel painting fade or lace job like you see everyday on a lowrider!Cruising is not a crime!!!!

vetteguy402 and chryslerfan55 like this.