Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Symco Shakedown Meet & Greet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Yummy, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Yummy

Yummy

Had an awesome time at the 1st ever Symco Shakedown, great job Krooser & Cliffy. I don't get to many events, so it was nice to meet alot of HAMB members at the meet & greet.

The meeting place was Unionville Saloon, was a full house, may have been the $1 PBR!

Attached Files:

2. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Nice pics Yummy. I drove by that place when I was at Iola. It was good meeting you there (Iola) too.

3. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

Long live Symco!!!!!

4. Well, aren't we a good lookin' bunch?!? Nice to meet y'all!

5. Black Primer

Black Primer

We sure had a good time! Can't wait till next year.

6. phat rat

phat rat

A good time was had

7. What a great time. It was nice seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones.

8. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

other then my model a not making it i had a killer time at the shakedown,great bands kick ass cars....... had a great time even in the rain....

9. missed the meat and greet, but made it up late...what a blast...can't wait till next year
    Great running into everyone, met a few i haven't met yet, cough up with some old buddies i haven't seen in years.....100% excellent.
    Hugh thanks to Rick and Cliffy for all the hard work(and everyone else that worked on the show)

Dan....by next year he'll be 15...that's close enough to drive his coupe there....if he hasn't mentioned it today...ya better get going on that coupe!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  10. Alex Yohnk

Alex Yohnk

great atmosphere. I can't wait till next year.

11. Dan....by next year he'll be 15...that's close enough to drive his coupe there....if he hasn't mentioned it today...ya better get going on that coupe![/QUOTE]

Hey PBR it was great seeing you and your bride again. Cole is so fired up, today he spent half the day on ebay looking for parts. Gotta love that enthusiasm. He must think I have a bottomless wallet. I'll let you know when we get going on it. We only live about a 6 pack drive away from each other.

12. Me and my 9yo son had a great time!! I realy enjoyed meeting everybody at the meet and greet. A huge thanks to all that worked on this show!!!I cann't wait for next year.

13. Hell Yah! I wanna see him doing doughnuts by age 15....or i'll have to show him!

14. Delray

Delray

We enjoyed the show, met some great people and had a lot of fun.

15. a few pics from the shakedown

Attached Files:

16. don't know how that snowmobile pic got in there. but there's a shot of da U.P. der hey

17. Thanks for the pics Dan.

Max

18. krooser

krooser

Those guys was trying to barge in on the mini-bike races!!!

19. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

11hrs gettin home...im friggin beat!!!! had a killer time [i was told] great show guys!!!! nice meetin a few more hambers...i all but missed the meet and greet, but still managed to be in the pic![whata whore]......hats off to ya guys!!!

20. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

it was HOT as the blazes of hell in there... worth the sweat to bullshit with friends, old and new

21. Here's a few more pics

Attached Files:

22. Hell of a show and the ride home was really eventfull!! Tornado(?) in Dubuque right as we were hitting the Mississippi River bridge, 8 vehicles and 3 with no wipers and high winds right on the bridge sucked! Then even worse winds and rain within 30 minutes of home again. But the show was great it was definatly worth it.

23. JRRoberts

JRRoberts
    from Madison WI

Great pics, I had a good time this past weekend, except for the rain on saturday night... I ended up sleeping in the big pole shead with tractors in it.

24. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

they musta had some shit by madison to cause traffic was crawling!!! we took 151 to find out it was bidness 151...so we got to see the capital building!!!LOL other then turning an 8 hr trip into 11, we had a blast!!! good seein the oliver crew again...see ya this weekend at the eyeball?????

25. Hellfish

Hellfish

Great show! You guys found a perfect backdrop for a show and drag race. I'll be back next year!

26. Had a great time at this one.

Hangin' with my dad, SCALLOP53 (and Cole) and LUKESTER will always rank in my top 10 things to do. Add in a few cool cars, cool music, cool beer (lots of cool beer), some humoungus engines shakin' the ground... and shit like that... and I'm in.

Dan and the best bunch of gearheads in Fond du Lac helped put a new rumpity bumpstick in my coupe a few days before, and dad and I tightened up the steering on both of our cars that week, so it really was a shakedown run.

The car ran awesome... until Sunday morning.
    It was pouring down rain so I slept in the car. When I went to fire up in the morning, it turned over 1/2 a crank and stopped dead.
    The horizontal rain got in the air cleaner and filled 2 cylinders. I pulled the plugs and water poured out. After drying the plugs it ran but still had a miss. I was afraid it was a bent valve, but after a few miles it dried out and ran sweet and cool all the way back to Cable.

It was great seeing those of you that I remember seeing, and I'm sure that over the next week or so I'll have memories of some others creep back into my beerfuddled memory, so it was nice seeing you too.

JOE:cool:

27. Some of the Oliver crew will be there. Was an awesome weekend!!! Ours was a 10 hour trip trip with 3 stops for the crazy rain and wind. Will DEFINATELY be back next year!!!!

28. krooser

krooser

I'll have to give you details on the backroads around that Friday and Sunday mess around Madison... pretty normal every weekend during the summer.

Thanks to all you Iowa guys/gals who made the trip... that's dedication to the cause!

Sorry I missed meeting a lot of you but next year we'll have more help which will allow Cliffy and I a little more "downtime" during regular show hours.

We did have fun... glad you all came on over.

29. Porter Man

Porter Man
    Alliance Vendor
    from Mound, MN

It sounds like I missed a great time. I sent a set of my porter mufflers for the raffle, I hope they found a good home.

30. Very cool show! We had a blast. I talked to alot of really cool people. Running next to the fed was awesome! I hope there is video of it! I really appreciate and humbly accepted the Vagabonds Best of Show trophy. Thank you very much!!!!
    I met a guy that wants to do a story on the Fiat and he just sent me this:
    Old Skol Rodz magazine is going to take an article about the Symco Shakedown and I hope I can interest them in a feature on your car once they see pictures of it.

I am really stoked. We are doing a photo shoot Wednesday!

We can't wait until 2010!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009