Register now to get rid of these ads!

1959 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mojo-jojo, Jul 28, 2009.

1. vertible59

vertible59

convertible bitch!!! 002.jpg convertible bitch!!! 005.jpg convertible bitch!!! 001.jpg convertible bitch!!! 008.jpg

Ok '57, These are for you because you asked nicely.:D

2. Another clue is custom 300 has the letters ford across the hood whereas fairlanes had the ford crest .Also a similair crest was fitted to trunk of custom 300s as opposed to half the " V " similair to the fairlane 500s.

3. Sprcheese

Sprcheese

Vertible that thing looks killer. Better than at least half of what I see posted here on the HAMB everyday. Nice lookin 59. I'd roll it.

4. vertible59

vertible59

Thanks Sprcheese. It's no show car and was never meant to be. I saved it from the crusher many years ago and tried to do it like I would have (if I'd had the money) when I was in high school. I've made some concessions to traditionalism over the years, but they were mostly done for reliability and safety. And yes, I do roll every chance I get.:)

5. Vert, that fucker is tits!-MIKE:eek::D:cool:

6. moonami

moonami

yeah vert,
    I especially like those caddy blinkers

7. vertible59

vertible59

Most on this board seem to dislike the '59 Caddy tail lights, but they serve a dual purpose on my car. Those old Lee Plastic tail lights, in the stock location, don't have reflectors in them and the Caddys do. Also, the Caddys can be seen from the side of the car, which adds a safety aspect. Anyhow,I've always liked those obnoxious looking lights, so I used them in the '59 Ford backup light housings. They are almost a perfect fit with a little grinding on the Ford housings where the Caddys bolt up.

8. moonami

moonami

vert,
    I would hook those up on my '59 w/o hesitation. IMO the more unique the car is, the better.

9. Shedrat29

Shedrat29

Pics of probably New Zealands most well known 59.

First taken at Autorama Show Christchurch 1970.

Last pic from the cover New Zealand Hot rod Mag Sept 1970

Unfortunately went from showcar to wreck in about 3/4 years.

I was lucky enough to own it for a short time still in its original show trim.

Later resurrected for a short time as in the middle pic, then disappeared for ever.

Attached Files:

10. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

The Street Kleaner is cool. I'm like'n the no front bumper and the rear wheel opening. Any pictures of the rear of the car? Interesting they built it from a 4 door....and still ran the 332 FE.

Mike

11. Ultrafun

Ultrafun
    from Virginia

Folks,

I have a 59 Galaxie 4 Door Sedan (body style 54A). It's going thru a full restoration and I'd like to put the factory duals on it. Car has a 292 V8 single exhaust. Service manual seems to indicates that dual exhaust was an option, Section 52, page 127. Can someone confirm that dual exhaust was an option?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

12. vertible59

vertible59

If you are going for restoration show points, I think anything in the dealer parts and accessory parts books would be fair game. What the heck...go ahead and lose a few points and put duals on the car with smittys on both sides! Man those Y-blocks sound good with duals and glasspacks.