Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help with Vin# on 55 chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by barschow77, Aug 10, 2009.

1. barschow77

barschow77

I am in the process of purchasing a 55 chevy 210. While checking the vin on the title, the title says 55 chevy 2 door. Vin #0352204f55z. I noticed it didnt match the cars vin. Can anyone tell me what or how to decode this vin? This Vin is not the same as the one i found on the frame or the tag on door jamb. The dmv checked the vin on tag and said that the car has not ever been registered in texas with the vin on car. I was thinking it could have been engine vin and car was titled by that, but the numbers are ground down on front of head. any help is appreciated.

2. squirrel

squirrel

that's the engine number....

3. barschow77

barschow77

Thanks, Now i must figure out how to get car titled. Since the original 6cyl is long gone ,along with the vin on title.

4. barschow77

barschow77

any idea if the engine number 0352204f55z is 6 or 8 cyl. f=flint,55 year, z-stick

5. BELLM

BELLM

Can't help you with the number but I beleive that cars were titled with the engine number up to 1956 in Texas. Keep us posted as to how this shakes out. Might talk to Ken Lawrence, Lawrence Title Service in Taylor. Since you have the VIN tag on the body you he can help you get a bonded title. Will cost you several hundred $ but would be easiest way to slove your problem.

6. I think you can just go pay the tax and change it over. You have the title andit goes with that car. Tax office doesn't ask to see the car. IMHO