Register now to get rid of these ads!

FLAG magnesium wheels. rare?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by off-beat, Aug 9, 2009.

1. off-beat

off-beat

I picked up a set of magnesium five spoke wheels today that say "FLAG" on them and I can't find any info on them. The guy I bought them from said he thinks they're from the late fifties or early sixties and said something about them having a connection with halibrand. I don't have any pictures, I figured I'd find some on the internet to post here but I couldn't find any which leads me to believe they might be rare. The spokes are flat almost like radirs, but they're dished in a bit. Anyone ever seen a set of these?

2. pictures would be of great help here! :rolleyes:

3. Made by Foresight Ventures. They are high quality wheels but I don't think they made wheels in magnesium, only aluminum. Post a pic so we can see what you've got. Also, what size are they? The 14's are more common, 15's are harder to find.

Steve

4. off-beat

off-beat

I didn't think to take pictures because I figured I'd find a picture online and post that. I wont be able to get pictures until tomorrow.

hemisteve - any other info on them? I'm not 100% sure they're magnesium but I was told that they were and they look it. I have two 14s and two 15s.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009

5. off-beat

off-beat

6. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow. Unusual alright. Look nice. Never seen 'em.

7. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Cool wheels....
    I'm not POSITIVE, but looking at their MAG wheels portion of the AKH site, at least 5 different wheels (including the ones in question) are not mag but aluminum.

8. nite-flyer

nite-flyer

they look like the old Indy 500 alu wheels

9. off-beat

off-beat

Nobody has seen these before?

10. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Those are coooooll.
    I'll take 4.

11. F&J

F&J

Here are 14" chev Foresight Ventures, model is Drag Mag I think. Aluminum, I was told by some website, but they were discolored black like Magnesium in many areas before cleaning.

All their wheels are rarely seen, but I've yet to see any go for big bucks...but you never know :)

Found mine at the scrap recycle yard for 10, sold on ebay for maybe 80 about 3 years ago. I thought they kinda look like the AC Cobra bodied Shelby wheels, except the spoke count is wrong.

Attached Files:

12. off-beat

off-beat

The set I got is pretty nice and I got them for 125 bucks with tires mounted.:cool:

13. fanspete

fanspete

I have a set of 14s, got 'em with some stuff I bought. I tried to get rid of them and no body was interested. I've come to like them now!

14. monsterflake

monsterflake

aluminum wheels. all the one's i've seen have a lot of positive offset (reversed), so unless you're car's at stock ride height or higher, you're probably gonna have clearance issues...

15. off-beat

off-beat