Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jegs or Summit Racing?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stevie Nash, Aug 8, 2009.

1. fms427

fms427

I order from both (lots) - have never had an issue with either. Summit seemed to go thru a downturn several years ago and got slow and hard to deal with , but OK now. Both stand behind their stuff equally well. Take your pick - can't go wrong either way.

2. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

I have had great business with Summit, I have had to return used parts and they gladly took it back no questions asked, and they email you a UPS ticket so you don't pay shipping to send it back. They're customer service is very good from what I have been through. Also they sparks wharehouse is only about 5 hours from me, so i usually get parts with free shipping the next day. They have always had in stock what I am looking for as well.

3. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

I prefer Jegs....

but, no one likes a liarer,....or a liared.

4. sho1off

sho1off
    from Buffalo MN

summit. great customer service returned stuff that was my mistake with no problem. they got me some astro supreme cheaper then anybody had tires mounted on them and they were to wide they exchanged them for the right size even though the box said they wouldn't
    fast shipping.
    jegs Ive used but not impressed with their service.
    Summits the best

5. olskoolspeed

olskoolspeed
    from Ohio

Summit. Their tech line is the best. Once called the about running some old part numbers (got 'em) and ended up bullshittin for almost an hour about "cars we used to have back in the day". Cool people, plus they're less than an hour away.

6. Joe Didio

Joe Didio

I got good timely service from both. From the tech. side both did OK. Pick the one that is the closes and save on freight.

7. Muttley

Muttley

Yep, a couple of months back I placed an order on a Friday afternoon at 5:45 and the parts were delivered the next day at 11:00 am! Their stuff arrives so fast sometimes it seems like they have a truck waiting around the corner just waiting for me to order.

8. 54BOMB

54BOMB

I like them the same, but I wish summit hadnt changed their website. I really liked the old format.

9. dannyego

dannyego

I like summit, but I may be biased they are only 30 minutes from me:)

10. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

11. Both are good. Summit prices are a tad lower than Jegs.

12. firemancooter

firemancooter

Always had good luck with Jeg's, but I never had to use their teck line.

13. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

I've always use Summit, no problems.

14. ugotpk

ugotpk

Jegs sent the wrong part twice. I discovered the real problem. Sent them the fix to their catalog. The part manufacture sent me the correct part at a higher price. Jegs kept my shipping fee. Go Summit!

15. holyroller

holyroller
    from KTOL

Summit for sure.......I only live a few hours from both but Summit has done more to get my money.

16. WHY NOT SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SPEED SHOP????? they need your biz more now than ever

17. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe
    Member Emeritus

You'll get good service from either one, but there are two reasons why I like Summitt the best. First and foremost, they support the grassroots racer with the Summitt Super Series, which is very rich. I like the fact that they "share their profits" with the guys that support them. Also, I like the fact that they have a "Pro Shop" discount.

18. Silent Matt

Silent Matt
    from Arkansas

That was funny:D

19. TrannyMan

TrannyMan

Jegs all the way. I bought a bad tire once and they overnighted another one at no charge. Also when I got my comp license from NHRA, Jegs signed me up to a racer group where you can get an extra 5-20% discount. You might be able to sign up for thier racer account without being a NHRA member.

I am sure there is nothing wrong with Summit, but I buy from the guy at the track.

20. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

my "local" speed shop is Competition sales, and they know about the same thing as every part's store chain.

Wanted to know what year car my 15 inch round air filter was for, when I ordered a K&N, with a universal chrome cover.
    And no, they weren't curious, they were looking for a part number for a air cleaner that came stock on the 1953 Chevy Sedan, with a small block Chevy.

They can't think outside of the box, they want to know what year car I am working on before I ask for a part,...even when I have a part number.

I pick up the phone or get on-line to order the parts I need, to avoid the hassle and frustration of my local speed shop

21. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

I used to get a free hat and lots of JEGS decals, no more free hats. But I still like JEGS good prices and great family.

22. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Jeg's IS a family owned business. I have ordered a small fortune's worth of parts from them without any issue ever. Service is fast and dependable. They come highly recommended

23. koolit

koolit
    from cen cal

Both of them treat me good so far summit is usually next day to my place tho.

24. Muttley

Muttley

If we had one I might go there.

25. humpie

humpie

i've bought a ton of stuff from both.summit has parts on there web site that are not in there catalouge.usually jegs has everything in theirs,shop around prices are different and shipping is the same.also i have returned part to both with no problem.

26. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

Jegs.

It's a family owned business. And when it comes to NHRA Pro-Stock Drag Racing Jeg Sr., Jeg Jr. and Roy Simmons are just "good people".

And like someone mentioned previously it is scary fast how quick they get parts to your door.

Jegs is everybodies "Local Speed Shop".

27. yekoms

yekoms

Support your local shop or alliance vender...
    Smokey

28. sixdogs

sixdogs
    BANNED
    from C

I was told Summit is privately owned as well and not a division of anything else. I asked the other day during an alternator bracket question with a tech. They do know their stuff.
    Either will match prices with the other.

29. Satin46

Satin46

I wanted to order an Ididit steering column. Talked to the manufacturer about length and spline at the end. He said you could get the column with splines or double D for the same price, just specify which one to the supplier. Summit didn't know and said they would call me back. Jeg's said no problem and I placed the order. Two days later Summit called and said they could get the shaft with splines but it would be $40.00 extra. My only experience comparing the two with the exception of the crappy Summit web site.

30. UPSrodder

UPSrodder

I use Summit more often. They have never given me any problems on any returns or exchanges and they are closer to Youngstown so I can be there in 45 min.