Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Too early for a Friday Art Show?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KreaturesCCaustin, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grrreat show again this week guys!

2. Yoo, That is an absolutely beautiful rendering! Thanks for sharing it.
    I, too, can not wait to see the Norwell piece in full color mode.

3. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Damn NICE show this week. It warms me blackened heart to see such coolness. Thanks for the kind words on my shit this week!

Surfmonkey- Man Tim, I think the painting looks fine. If you are looking for crisp clean lines, mayby try importing the image into Illustrator! Personally, I think it looks killer as is!

Yoo- Another beautiful painting! Look forward to seeing your work every week!

4. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Lovin' it. Every week.

Nice work guys...

5. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jigger that Lotus 7 is an amazing piece of work for a SB car. Sweet, sweet, sweet.

6. Very nice work.[​IMG]

7. Hey, thanks man, I appreciate that. It was a blast to build. I wish I'd filled in some of the scratch and dents but time was of the essence.

Hey, surf monkey, I like that rendering of the VW. I even think I'm partial to the
    earlier version. It has a lot of mood and personality and doesn't appear over worked.
    This is not to say the finished piece does look overworked, just that there's a nice
    quality to the earlier one. Good stuff, I say keep at it.

8. cheers jig...the background probably doesn`t help...i was just playing around with the presets in corelpainter....i just get frustrated seeing jeffs (and now jesses) really tight renderings....i`m on one of my `wanna learn periods ` at the moment... stuff i need to do...gotta another big op coming up in september so i wanna get it all out of my system before having to lay flat...love that lotus by the way...you need to sell that lotus to a guy down the road from me whos building a caterham (lotus lookalike) might be the only way he`ll see it finished lol

typ24 thanks for the comments...you certainly are the king of the poster colours....i`ve used them to do hand painted posters for various functions...hard to get a good blend but very vibrant when you get it right....like what your doing...you just need to do some hot rods now lol

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  9. SUPER- BAD SHOW
    Surf Monkey- You is a lucky sod to be near Shuttlwerf ! Sounds like fun but I'd get a crook neck livin' there. I'm near Parafield- 'bit lower key but have a warbird museum/ hangar there ( Bob Jarret- g'day mate- rodder legend ). U get the occasional thrill- like a Boomerang last few days ( seeing it booming along I found it hard to imagine it as the cannon fodder that it was for the Japanese Zero's. )
    Ewt2- Thank you. I too like that old pile of rusty shapes too- my old mate Squasha from Classic Acres turned me onto it on the way home from me 1000 mile buck's show walkabout. Good mystic country up there where this tin is- around Port Augusta. I include this here tourist photo-.
    oh yeh- & a peek @ a new G/G.

Attached Files:

10. Eddiesixem

Eddiesixem

heres my most recent doodle.

Attached Files:

11. zombie

zombie

this car has got to be one of the ugliest fucking abortions i have ever seen...

zombie

[​IMG]

12. fisher_man_matt

fisher_man_matt

"But I am still alive."

Great show as always.

13. VonFly

VonFly

Just horsing around colorizing a couple of photos for fun

Attached Files:

14. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Then you haven't seen that many cars...

Really, it's just a typical RR. Not any more or less ugly than the rest of them.

15. Nostalgic Dave

Nostalgic Dave

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  16. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

It's a great image Dave ..... I might have cloned out the reflection of you taking the photo..... but it's super capture as is.

17. Nostalgic Dave

Nostalgic Dave

Thanks Bob! Good call, I didn't even think of that. I'll go fix it right now.

18. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

A few lines I threw on Twisted Okies '46 for the drags.

Attached Files:

19. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

Long distance High five......I don't get some of these "rat rods".....it's like trying to be outrageous just to be outrageous......I'll shut up right there....

Dig the show once again....I am on a 10 year anniversary vacation this week boys...me and the wife are up in Mackinac Island and elsewhere in Michigan - I have yet to see one Gay Michigan Bitch yet....LOL

~Bro

20. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Unless your just messing around I think Zombie has seen a few cars in his travels. I would value his opinion!

21. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Nostalgic Dave- That's a cool photo, I love the paint job on the car. Any chance you got a full shot of that Pontiac?!

22. New around here, right?

Z, The car's got problems; the skull, the modern double snorkel... but the Photo is pretty cool.

23. zombie

zombie

dont get me wrong, 57 corvette bob does cool stuff. i'm just reffering to the pos rat rod. im just suprised it took 9 pages before somebody mentioned the pos.?.? and yes, i have seen my share of rat rods. ha ha.

z

24. Nostalgic Dave

Nostalgic Dave

Thanks Todd! I just uploaded some more shots of the car, check them out at my Flickr link here----> http://www.flickr.com/photos/davestromberger

25. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Thanks for the link Dave. That's one fine looking Poncho! I could get lost in the paint detail! Nice Bellfower Kustom feel to it.

26. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

So what you are saying is I shouldnt send you the feature i just shot of that car for your magazine? Well let me go find a nice shiny black car with red wheels then that will be the ticket lol........by the way is pos rat rod short for positive rat rod meaning its a good one?

28. Zombie I like your frankness- your passion for hot rods shows. And I admire your courage to say what you feel and I rue the fact that it's a quality wanting in me. BTW, I agree somewhat with your comment. Some cars appear designed for cheap attention/ laughs with no respect to what may be a greater potential. My mate Tony had an 8" channeled deuce that was a bichin' car. Dave Mc Donald's old car. Sadly often today the results have as much eye appeal as a cow with a cup of tea. Guess that makes us/ you/ me cranky !

p.s. O.T; ^^ Wow Surf Monkey !- I wanna live in your town- Lysanders, Hunters ( so beautiful ).. O.T; I forgot to say- Classic Jets museum Parafield- excellent. BTW were you ever lucky enough to be freaked out by the Rolls- Royce sounds of Concorde ?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  29. yup ...but the most impressive imo we ever had over was the vulcan when it was still flying

30. Zombie....Since the Art Show is nearly over for the week, I'll add only this....apart from the high $$$$ engine, I see this kind of car at every Event Coverage Thread on the HAMB.....It's getting to be a typical look. Sad, but true. Centurion9

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.