Register now to get rid of these ads!

Took my '28 roadster for a shake-down cruise and...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32SEDAN, Feb 8, 2009.

1. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

Thanks I really appreciate it if your ever in Phuket Thailand send me a message your coming and I will show you around.

Andy

2. Beautiful car, sorry to hear about it. My last project I had just finished spraying the candy flames and stopped to eat and some douschebag keyed it. I would have killed the little fucker had I caught him.

3. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In about 02(?) I was pulled up at a set of lights in my 38. There was a little Dihatsu pulled up in front of me, rolled across the line and backed up so I gave her room. When the lights changed I discovered that here brake lights didn't work when she backed into me bending the center bar of the grille!
    I jumped out to look at the damage, the little old lady found drive and did just what that implies, drove off through the intersection!!
    I jumped back in my car and took off to try and pull her over. Unfortunately coming the other way was a Cop car, I got done for speeding and she got away. Not only were they not interested in what had happened they told me that,
    A. They didn't believe me!
    B. Told me that they were too busy to help (I had her number plate no)
    C. Threatened with confiscating my car as they considered what was doing Road Rage!
    I had to ask him how it was that if he didn't even believe what had happened, Fucking cop's I think he had a personal thing against me as I was in my Army uniform at the time.

Doc.

4. unclechop

unclechop

I just finished buffing my 64 fairlane after 12 month resto and I go up stairs to have lunch and I peered through the window to have another look at my handi work and
    my mates father(neighbor) forgot to put his handbrake on or put in park and saw this pos nissan wedged into the front of the car :(

5. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

Man, that is horrible. I know there are many cool police officers on the HAMB and many more from the armed services. BUT, I see other soldiers being pulled over all the time for petty things. Unfortunately we're just looked at another source of ticket revenue. I am always amazed at what stupid stunts people pull on the road. Hot rods seem to attract them like flys on poop.

6. unclechop

unclechop

And awsome car by the way-perfect.

7. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

Thanks Chop!

8. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I apologies but I should have said something about your car in my first post! You do realise that had you built this in the 50's you would be in with a big shot at AMBR?

Unfortunately around big Military base areas we are the center of hatred to both the police and the locals. No matter what you say, there is always the odd few of soldiers that make trouble and thats what everyone sees so we all get labeled as ass holes and trouble makers.

Doc.

9. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

Doc Holiday supposedly was acquitted for gutting a man over a card table because he was a. bigger than him, and b. had been ridiculing him in public earlier. Sometimes civilization ain't what it's cracked up to be.

10. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

The mentality of some of the people that drive is credible. My wife and I were sitting in a parking lot inside our O/T car and bam, we watched this female slam into the front of our car. She pulled ahead, I thought she was going to stop, and then she started to take off. She couldn't get into traffic, because of the traffic, and I walked up to her car and rapped on her window. She lookd surprised and rolled down her window, and I told her she had just hit my car. Her answer to me was, "I didn't hurt it" and I asked her how she knew because she didn't ever get out and look. I looked before chasing her down, and she didn't hurt it, but I still bitched her out for not stopping; the bitch.

11. The law has something called "justifiable homicide." Because sometimes the bastard just needs killing.

12. Yeah, but the trail of bodies always leads back to the perpetrator.

I agree though, havin' a 50 caliber on the left front framerail strikes me as a great roadster accessory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You have the license number, right?

Hit & run's against the law far as I know.

Probably a couple of dumb-ass tweakers.

Turn em in, more than likely they'll get busted for more than hit & run.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Neat little roadster.

What flavor orange is that?

I probably ought to paint my 31 roadster a bright color.

The gloss black 32 tends to disappear from view at night....

13. Sweet car. Thank heavens for your nerf bars, built for real, not just to look cool!