Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lots of cars: garden of steel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hasty, Aug 5, 2009.

1. oldy57

oldy57

I am going to his sponsored car show in Carman on the 16th. I talked to him last weekend at Tavern United. He is a great guy and knows his cars. He shows up at some shows and the spring swap meet with his 50's army Suburban and trailer. He knows every part he has. I have not been to his place yet. Hope to go before fall. A lot of his cars were local cars he bought over the years. He has been doin this for most of his life. He has a lot of cats that are not there. He picks them up if he has interest. Costs money to bring them home and if they don't sell it is wasted money. His prices are a little high for me but I think the prices are reasonable for what he has.

2. hasty

hasty

Quote:
    "I am going to his sponsored car show in Carman on the 16th".

Yes, I'll be going too.

Just to give it another plug, the "Roadkill Rod-up" show is at:

Ryall Park,
    Carmen
    Manitoba (Canada)

For pre- '65 "Running or Rolling" rods, customs, bikes

Sunday August 16th Dusk till Dawn
    $10 for participants, spectators free

Attached Files:

3. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

I'd love to hit that show, but I have a family reunion that day. :(

4. hasty

hasty

5. There are a few "how to post pictures" sticky threads here:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=60&f=6

Photobucket is good, but then I probably wouldn't've looked at all of the pictures (thumbnails, actually) since I'm back to dial-up.

6. hasty

hasty

Thank you sgtlethargic,
    I did a search without success, but will check it out. If I start another thread I will try and post higher res pictures.

7. hasty

hasty

A couple more pictures from 2007

Attached Files:

8. hasty

hasty

Another 3D image of the yard.
    If anyone is looking at these please post and I will post a couple more.

To resolve the 3D image go slightly cross-eyed until the two images resolve over each other. Try to concentrate on one figure - say a tree or one particular hood - and (by going cross-eyed) try and locate the figure in one image over the same figure in the other. Do not worry if they are blurred, just try and relax and your eyes will slowly resolve them into a sharp three dimensional image. Start with the one on the left as it is smaller and easier to resolve. If you are having difficulty try and sit back from the screen a little.

The 3D image gives a much better idea of the place.

Attached Files:

9. hasty

hasty

More three dimensional images, see above for viewing suggestions. Again, the one on the left should be easier, the one on the righ will give better 3D if you can resolve it.

Attached Files:

10. hasty

hasty

Another 3D image in the snow. To see these you need to open the thumbnail as it has too little detail.

Edit: I have just tested this one and it has a lot of depth on the screen. When you are viewing you will see three images (once you have gone cross-eyed). Concentrate on the middle one and ignore the two outer ones.

Attached Files:

11. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

That's trippy. Just when I was about to give up, I managed to go just the right amount of crosseyed and zero in on the middle image.

-KK

12. hasty

hasty

Thanks for trying! I hope it was fun - and no side effects afterwards...

Here is another one that should work well at this resolution.

Once you have got it, if you hang in there the 3D effect tends to get better over the next ten or fifteen seconds

Attached Files:

13. hasty

hasty

Here is another one, again in two sizes. It is based on portrait format shots so there is not so much to trim on the sides. This time there is overlapping material on the margins. If you are patient with it the depth has quite a lot of detail.

Attached Files:

14. hasty

hasty

Here is another view of the body parts area, slightly further away than from an earlier view.

Attached Files:

15. hasty

hasty

This one is harder to resolve in 3D but quite wild if you can.

Attached Files:

16. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Thanks for going to the trouble of posting all those pics. That looks like an awesome place to spend a day. I'd love to be able to walk around and look at all that stuff. Too bad it's so far away. I don't get too far North of the Mason/Dixon very often. But thanks again.

17. hasty

hasty

Just to keep the thread alive, here is another 3D view similar to the last one but made from landscape format pictures. It might be easier to get.

Attached Files:

18. hasty

hasty

The 3D in this one is much more subtle

Attached Files:

19. hasty

hasty

Thank you for posting

20. hasty

hasty

If anyone is trying the 3D images I would be grateful for feedback. It is hard to judge how large to make them - if you are used to looking at stereoscopic pairs it is quite easy to resolve them, so it is hard to know if they are hard or easy for everyone.

21. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

If anything, SAVE THIS!!!!
    Its a 1940 Nash Ambassador Buisness coupe. Very rare, and they make great rods!

Heres my 41.

Attached Files:

22. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Holy mackerel, I have to agree with sckracing & Grits. It's kind of HARD to believe a yard with that much metal can be in THAT gooda shape!!! Sign e up, too, for lifetme camping!

Hasty, I have to say: YOU have a good EYE with the camera. Love the detail shots. And, the WEATHER in Nova Scotia must be fairly arid overall, what with the cars in this shape. My COMPIMENTS to the owner for keeping vegetation mowed down! ONE OF THE NICEST, well-maintained BONE YARDS I HAVE EVER SEEN.

23. PAracer

PAracer

Hasty,

Great yard.... Wish I was retired and could take a trip up there. I played around with the 3D pictures but am having trouble. I'm wondering if its cause I wear glasses. If things are not centered for each eye then its slightly blurry... But the best I've been able to see are the smaller of the two pictures and the narrow or upright pictures. The wide ones I can't keep in focus, maybe causing me to be too crosseyed! Neat effect.

Thanks for taking the time to shoot all the pictures for us in the Rust Belt!:)

24. hasty

hasty

Thank you for trying to look at the 3D pics. If you are having trouble, and want to see more, you can get stereo Lorgnettes for $4 from
    http://www.3dstereo.com/viewmaster/svn-dlor.html
    that make it very easy (there are some slightly cheaper ones that work less well).

25. hasty

hasty

It is in Manitoba (bang in the middle of the continent), not Nova Scotia (a bit damper, I believe, and on the East coast) and we have very dry (but a little chilly) winters, and the summers are warm and dry, so it is not bad. The owner knows his stuff and is driven by a passion for the cars maybe more than selling them.

Thank you for the kind comments on the pictures.

26. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

I know this was posted a while ago but it doesn't make it any less true. I hope so too.:D:cool: