Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 37 ford pu project.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by baggedchevyss, Jul 15, 2009.

1. the sheet metal was bent in a z and yes shrink the inner edge stretch the outter. You can also take a piece of 1 inch thin wall square tube and bend it around a 8 inch piece of pipe by hand for the upper bend. frame the rest of the seat riser out and cover the front with a flat piece of sheet.

2. brandonwillis

brandonwillis
    from Tucson AZ

looks good, keep the pictures comming.

door sill looks great.

3. psycho666

psycho666
    from Wa

lookin good dude!

4. oldgoaly

oldgoaly

Did you build the frame jig? Thanks for sharing the build! tt

5. TT i didn't build the frame jig. I plan on building one soon but mine will have tapped holes to bolt fixtures to. The one the truck it on is very very nice though.

6. Little more progress, snuck in a few hours after work and fabbed the other floor board and seat riser half. the large aluminum slugs are the dies i use to press the 16 ga doubler plate for the body mount i also use the same dies to press the recess into the floors the recess is put in after the floor is welded in to keep the warpage to a minimum. When i press the 16 ga ones in the press the surrounding metal gets pretty funky. in the pics i have the doubler plate sitting on top of the floor, in reality i roset welded it in from the bottom. Also i am thinking of using a quick change that i picked up a few years ago. Its a Halibrand Roadster. I have searched and searched for info on these. Winters sells parts that will fit it. It has a odd side plate that you can attatch either a banjo side bell or a smaller axle tube. The axle tubes that came with it are pretty beat up and i have 2 spools that go with it. If anyone has more info on the rear end and what i can do with it to make it work please let me know. I have called Halibrand and they claim they never made such a thing only the champ, sprint and V8 and i need to send it in for authentication. YEAH RIGHT fat chance, i can just hear the "it got lost in shipping" story now. Any who i should get a solid day in tomorrow and hope to get the floors finished and the tranny tunnel made.

<center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  7. Awesome fab work!!
    Keep it up!!
    Makes me want to go out now and work on mine - hey - that's what I'll do ;-)

8. Well I didnt get as much done today as i had planned on. Only worked on the truck for 3 of the 8 hours I was at the shop, rest of the time was spent sorting the mess of a project my boss has on his hands, so I got 75% of the tranny tunnel fabbed. It seems huge but is quite form fitting to the tranny. maybe within the next week i can finish up the floors and fire wall mods get the cab mounted and jump back to the suspension.
    <center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

9. Nice work. I love the motor mounts!

10. wow! i need to put you on my list of places to stop on my way back to the desert.

11. The shop is in riverside, What part of the desert are you heading to? You are more than welcome to stop by any time. just let me know.

12. Well i finally figured out a set in stone position for the cab so I am switching focus back to the suspension. As with most split wishbone setups some turning radius is lost due to clearance issues so i decided to put a gentle arch into mine to solve this. Not every ones cup of tea but it works well for me and i like the overall visual. A while ago i bought some really nice 3/4 heims for another project and decided to use them on the truck. I think they are ugly as fuck but i trust them and they work well and will be hidden by a formed aluminum tear drop blister panel. I also ended up mounting the I-beam in front of the shell. Another thing i am not too fond of but was necessary for some other things i have coming up. not a ton of progress but progress non the less.

<center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

13. Spooky

Spooky

Wide 5's and a Y-Block.
    I am HOOKED!

14. Took some time off from the project and my "job" to persue my glassblowing career will be working on the truck soon and posting pics of it now that she is a roller and is home.