Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from the home town of Hot August Nights

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by ssincity, Aug 6, 2009.

1. ssincity

ssincity

Hello, from Reno NV..

Getting ready to start on my 56 chevy 4dr..YES I SAID 4DR,wagon. I have joined a few other boards to see what makes any car special to each person.

Well so far I found from those boards that cutting,welding,fab'ing, and doing what ever it is that makes the car yours and make you happy is WRONG!

So, here I am. Hoping that no matter what I chose to do that someone here will chime in any helpfull and usefull techiques or ideas.

Spent the last 3 night walking around HAN car show here in Reno. And the scene is really not my style although I can appreciate the work and dedication they put in to there cookie cutter but individually wrapped rides.

There is a lot of info on this site that is a great help and I hope to be able to contribute my part.

Thanks to the board members.

2. Welcome From Central Valley Ca.
    what ever you do 50% will love it and 50% will hate it and about 20% won't care either way...oh wait that 120% well that might be right...

3. ssincity

ssincity

Thanks Jim...

I have deep respect for the full on hard core purest. As long as they leave me alone!

That is a beautifull wagon you have, I hope one day to have "his" and "hers" of course hers will be stock and mine will be something that you will either love or hate!

You close enough to ever ride down for HAN?

4. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

welcome to the HAMB. first off you gotta realize that the first response from most of the guys on here is gonna be some kinda smart-ass pop-off. after that there is some good info on here from time to time.

got any pics of that wagon?

5. ssincity

ssincity

Hey thanks.

The ribbing and the smartazz are not the issues.. Its the lack of imagination and character for each car. I believe that each car is unique in its own way made by each owner..

So, I am hoping that this site is full of dedicated builders and drivers that do what they want to there cars and just enjoy being part of a community of owners that are proud of what they have!

All that aside.. anyone coming for HAN?

6. It seems you understand what the terms "hot rod" and "custom" mean.

Wife and I went to HAN a few years back, I remembered why I moved from L.A....

Is it true that you need to register a couple of years in advance now?

Are you in Vegas your "location" or Reno?

7. attastude

attastude

welcome from oregon. nothin' wrong with a 56' 4dr. wagon!

8. mj40's

mj40's

I grew up in a friends 56 4dr wagon. Lots of memories in that car and some I can talk about.
    Welcome from Idaho

9. 50coe

50coe
    from NOR-CAL

Welcome from the NOR-CAL!

I love 56 4dr wagons, ( i should have never sold mine!) here's a pic of my old one.

Attached Files:

10. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

Welcome to the HAMB. Glad you were able to make the HAN event. Lots of different rides for sure. Did you have your ride here or just checking things out? We may have crossed paths somewhere. I was cruising my truck around in parts of it.:cool: I found this shot on the net, among the many others.:D Probably shot at the Atlantis.

[​IMG]

11. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Welcome from the West Coast of Florida.

Sounds like a very cool project to me. Best of luck with it.